Steam's response to Epic giving away GTA5, hold onto your butts

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Valve doesn't dictate the prices people charge for their games, if someone has a game for 100% off that is of their own volition. 

:mindblown:

EPIC is clearly having an effect on their business, I can’t remember the last time any games were offered completely for free on steam until recently. It’s not just the developers’ choice, valve is clearly incentivizing them to do this. Problem is they aren’t willing to commit enough money so that high profile companies can offer their high profile games. It’s why their offerings have been laughable so far compared to Epic’s.

• Confused 1

idk why you think steam reacts to whatever EGS is doing in the first place. they clearly don't give a shit.

Just now, Twinblade said:

EPIC is clearly having an effect on their business, I can’t remember the last time any games were offered completely for free on steam until recently. It’s not just the developers’ choice, valve is clearly incentivizing them to do this. Problem is they aren’t willing to commit enough money so that high profile companies can offer their high profile games. It’s why their offerings have been laughable so far compared to Epic’s.

That's true.  I've noticed it too.  Now all of a sudden I see all these "free" Steam games popping up.  They're never as good as what EPIC does... but hey.. free is free :shrug: 

uh, ahem.... 

1 minute ago, kazilicious said:

idk why you think steam reacts to whatever EGS is doing in the first place. they clearly don't give a shit.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Ahem what? I already told you guys when a developer does this it has nothing to do with Valve, literally nothing. Dev's set their own prices in the SteamWorks API...

Ahem why do you think I respond to you, narcissistic boyee? :D 

6 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Steam should give a fuck because steam sucks now . I'll never buy a game on steam if its also on egs

lmfao! see you on steam. 

7 minutes ago, Newmanspwn said:

LMAO imagine giving your payment info willingly to Epic, and, by extension, Tencent :mroff:

Tencent doesn't control Epic Games, Tim Sweeney is still majority shareholder.

What, do you think the servers are in china or something.

And what is the fear, here?

Payment info? To do what? Something that you can't fix with a phone call to your bank?

Is that Tencent's ultimate goal here.........to attempt mass unauthorized credit card transactions like gas station skimmers?:lawl:I love getting people to explain their conspiracy theories all the way.