Sony's SSD spiel is a joke confirmed by a Chinese Epic engineer

UE5 tech demo on a RTX 2080 & 970 EVO Plus notebook is 1440p40
renderTimingPixel.png

Epic China engineers’ interview, if you know Chinese you can confirm it by yourself.
  • 53:00, he said his notebook could run at 1440p 40fps+, optimization target is 60fps for next-gen.
  • 2:08:00, SSD bandwidth (for the flying part) isn’t as that high as ppl said, not need a stricted spec SSD (decent SSD is ok).
  • Someone at TGFCer forum said, the engineer just confirmed to him: RTX 2080 GPU notebook but forgot the exact SSD model, maybe 970 EVO Plus. (http://club.tgfcer.com/thread-8307013-7-1.html 94th post)

Like I said both systems SSD's are far beyond what is or will ever be required of them for streaming data on the fly, Sony invested way too much into their SSD tech and tanked the rest of their system for nothing. 

Beyond some minute loading differences the difference for games between systems is nothing. 

12 > 9.2-10.28

:hest:

Edited by DynamiteCop
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're telling him the peak he created is BS (he didn't create a peak)..... meanwhile your entire argument is built around a peak you made up in your head 

I get the impression when DeanoCuck starts posting about sophisticated computer hardware and specs, he actually has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. 

Sony always does this every gen. They pay off developers before their console releases to overhype one aspect of their new console that’s still unreleased and they talk about it as if it’s a game changer while using as many hyperbolic buzz words as possible. With ps3 it was da cell processor, with ps2 it was the emotion engine, now it’s this garbage ssd nonsense. And then when the console comes out and after a year or 2 none of that ever amounts to shit.

But faggots never learn and they continuously fall in line and believe all this nonsense.

1 minute ago, Delita said:

Sony always does this every gen. They pay off developers before their console releases to overhype one aspect of their new console that’s still unreleased and they talk about it as if it’s a game changer while using as many hyperbolic buzz words as possible. With ps3 it was da cell processor, with ps2 it was the emotion engine, now it’s this garbage ssd nonsense. And then when the console comes out and after a year or 2 none of that ever amounts to shit.

But faggots never learn and they continuously fall in line and believe all this nonsense.

It's like I told @madmaltese with my little graph thing I made and he tried to call me an idiot for it, these people get caught up in the dumbest shit and never learn.

I couldn't find the exact one I made but this is the gist of it. 

• |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| PS5 SSD Bandwidth
  • |-----------------------| SSD bandwidth requirement for on the fly asset streaming
  • |-------------------------------------------| Series X SSD Bandwidth

Like I said, they both engineered for the problem, but the issue is Sony overengineered at the cost of the rest of their system. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's like I told @madmaltese with my little graph thing I made and he tried to call me an idiot for it, these people get caught up in the dumbest shit and never learn.

I couldn't find the exact one I made but this is the gist of it. 

• |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| PS5 SSD Bandwidth
  • |-----------------------| SSD bandwidth requirement for on the fly asset streaming
  • |-------------------------------------------| Series X SSD Bandwidth

Like I said, they both engineered for the problem, but the issue is Sony overengineered at the cost of the rest of their system. 

You actually pulled this shit back out again :lawl:

• Haha 1
Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Because it's the reality of the situation. 

No its not retard.  You actually had think the SSD bandwidth would be maxed for a tech demo pre launch?  Pfft :mj:

As the gen goes on and the amount bandwidth needed for games WILL INCREASE as games worlds get more and more complex. 

27 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Like I said both systems SSD's are far beyond what is or will ever be required of them for streaming data on the fly, Sony invested way too much into their SSD tech and tanked the rest of their system for nothing. 

Beyond some minute loading differences the difference for games between systems is nothing. 

12 > 9.2-10.28

:hest:

faster is not always better :reg: 

Radeon VII (13.44 TF)  >  RX 5700XT (9.7 TF)  - RX 5700XT 50th AE (10.14 TF)

SEGA Genesis (7.6 MHz) > Super Nintendo (3.58 MHz) - Turbo Graphx 16 (1.79 MHz - 7.16 MHz) 

everyone knows xsx is more powerful.  Cows hang on to anything they can. 

Epic had to clarify that ue5 will also run on xsx because cows were claiming it was ps5 exclusive :mj:

How stupid can cows be LMAO. another gen of having inferior graphics is hurting their feelings.

8 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

faster is not always better :reg: 

Radeon VII (13.44 TF)  >  RX 5700XT (9.7 TF)  - RX 5700XT 50th AE (10.14 TF)

SEGA Genesis (7.6 MHz) > Super Nintendo (3.58 MHz) - Turbo Graphx 16 (1.79 MHz - 7.16 MHz) 

Why are you comparing different architectures lol? Are you retarded...

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

How does that change what I said. 

Because the efficiencies are drastically different so comparing a teraflop from a different architecture bodes absolutely no relevant result...

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Because the efficiencies are drastically different so comparing a teraflop from a different architecture bodes absolutely no relevant result...

Very relevant.  
The SNES, Genesis, and TG-16 all have different CPUs, different architecture,  yet still competed with each other,  yet the one touted as the fastest is not deemed the best.    ... especially when it came to certain games. 

The Radeon VII was AMD's answer to the RTX 2080 in 2019 where AMD later found themselves competing against itself when the NAVI GPUs were outpacing the Radeon VII in certain use cases. 

all very relevant. 

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

Very relevant.  
The SNES, Genesis, and TG-16 all have different CPUs, different architecture,  yet still competed with each other,  yet the one touted as the fastest is not deemed the best.    ... especially when it came to certain games. 

The Radeon VII was AMD's answer to the RTX 2080 in 2019 where AMD later found themselves competing against itself when the NAVI GPUs were outpacing the Radeon VII in certain use cases. 

all very relevant. 

:mj: