Sony's SSD spiel is a joke confirmed by a Chinese Epic engineer

Just now, kazilicious said:

he likes to read wikipedia pages and other sources of hardware discussion and recites them without knowing what any of it means like aza

22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I get the impression you're so fucking stupid you can't even engage these conversations so you make lazy dumbass posts like this which add nothing. 

This applies to you all the same. Get out of here you poor bitch. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're telling him the peak he created is BS (he didn't create a peak)..... meanwhile your entire argument is built around a peak you made up in your head 

I get the impression when DeanoCuck starts posting about sophisticated computer hardware and specs, he actually has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

This applies to you all the same. Get out of here you poor bitch. 

not my fault you dropped out of high school :shrug: 

32 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I get the impression you're so fucking stupid you can't even engage these conversations so you make lazy dumbass posts like this which add nothing. 

Uh huh.

What makes you qualified to talk endless shit about this like some sort of authority? 

1 minute ago, Cell said:

Uh huh.

What makes you qualified to talk endless shit about this like some sort of authority? 

Because I understand what is being talked about, and you clearly do not so you talk shit, because that's your only capacity in a conversation like this.

You're dead weight, worthless. 

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Because I understand what is being talked about, and you clearly do not so you talk shit, because that's your only capacity in a conversation like this.

You're dead weight, worthless. 

What do you work as?

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

What relevance does that have to my technical knowledge? None. 

Well that's a pretty fucking stupid statement right there. I'm going to ahead and guess you're not about to tell me but it clearly has nothing to do with computer hardware. 

Question 2: What qualifications do you have in this sort of thing?

Just now, Cell said:

Well that's a pretty fucking stupid statement right there. I'm going to ahead and guess you're not about to tell me but it clearly has nothing to do with computer hardware. 

Question 2: What qualifications do you have in this sort of thing?

I'm not playing this stupid game, my technical knowledge and understanding bears no relevance to what I do professionally. 

You're a dumb dipshit. 

Yep, no job (hence, no EXPERIENCE) and no qualifications. 

Do we have someone who knows what the fuck they are talking about? Or do we have someone regurgitating shit they find without understanding what the fuck it really means? :trump2:

Seems to me like what you actually understand is: XBOX HAS BIGGER NUMBA'S SO EVERYONE BUYS IT AND THE COWS WILL BE OWNED AND THE GRAFIXS WILL BE THE BESTEST EVER. 

2 minutes ago, Cell said:

Yep, no job (hence, no EXPERIENCE) and no qualifications. 

Do we have someone who knows what the fuck they are talking about? Or do we have someone regurgitating shit they find without understanding what the fuck it really means? :trump2:

Seems to me like what you actually understand is: XBOX HAS BIGGER NUMBA'S SO EVERYONE BUYS IT AND THE COWS WILL BE OWNED AND THE GRAFIXS WILL BE THE BESTEST EVER. 

You're a straight garbage poster with nothing to actually say. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Can we stay on the topic of the PS5's SSD and UE5?

I might as well go to my local bakery and and the guy down there what he thinks. He's as qualified as DeanoCuck is to talk to me about SSD technology. 

1 minute ago, Cell said:

I might as well go to my local bakery and and the guy down there what he thinks. He's as qualified as DeanoCuck is to talk to me about SSD technology. 

I can rebuild an engine from the bottom to the top end, and yet I'm not a certified mechanic. Are you really so obtuse that you believe that without some certification or formal education on something means that you can't do it or understand it?

You're a delusional idiot. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I can rebuild an engine from the bottom to the top end, and yet I'm not a certified mechanic. Are you really so obtuse that you believe that without some certification or formal education on something means that you can't do it or understand it?

You're a delusional idiot. 

Rebuilding a car engine and understanding electronic/computer engineering necessary to start weighing in on half the stuff you talk about on this board is not in the same ballpark, its not even in the same fucking league.

Oh and another thing, what the fuck is this source you've used in the OP? Are you taking the fucking piss? Some Chinese livestream, that someone has translated for us which we can all fully believe in and confirmed as the hammer blow to the PS5's SSD? Get the fuck out of here. 

Edited by Cell
5 minutes ago, Cell said:

Rebuilding a car engine and understanding electronic/computer engineering necessary to start weighing in on half the stuff you talk about on this board is not in the same ballpark, its not even in the same fucking league.

Oh and another thing, what the fuck is this source you've used in the OP? Are you taking the fucking piss? Some Chinese livestream, that someone has translated for us which we can all fully believe in and confirmed as the hammer blow to the PS5's SSD? Get the fuck out of here. 

You're so stupid that you can't even understand the analogical comparative, you don't have to be formally educated or certified in something to be educated on it. Life is education, what you choose to invest time in understanding or experiencing is education. I don't need to have gone to school to understand these things, I don't need a certification or degree to understand them.

You are incredibly obtuse, and your stupidity is off the charts. 

Am I taking the piss? Why not take 5 seconds and do some research you fucking retard. It's from Epic's Fast Track streaming series where developers in China educate Chinese University students on the inner workings of the industry, their engine and its development. These are Unreal Engine developers on stage talking about it...

Get out of this thread, you are an embarrassment. 

Edited by DynamiteCop

There's a lot of people out there who believe the same thing as DynamiteCop regarding what to expect from Sony's SSD compared to Series X or whatever else.

That's the point though... It's Sony's job to demonstrate that difference.  It's far too early yet to be saying things like one thing isn't possible on the other, or just how much of an affect it will have throughout the generation.

We're not going to have a clear picture on this for a while.  Cerny is certainly a smart dude and they went with what they did for a reason.  Now for my part.. I think that Cerny is putting developers above all with the design of the PS5.  That SSD configuration makes it extremely easy for developers to worry less about optimizing around limitations and focusing more on ease of development and efficiency.  That's the MAIN reason why they went the route they did.  It will allow developers to focus on more important things.  Which is great, because happy developers mean better games.. that's plain and simple.  Whereas that doesn't mean on the Xbox side that it's not possible to do what Sony's machine does...  but rather, devs have to take more time to optimize the code and develop around the limitations of the device.  So in the end you can have similar output... but the work the devs had to do was more costly.

Both consoles have HUGE advancements in the I/O pipeline.  Both are so far ahead of current gen that insane things will be imaginable, even with 2.5GB/s as a baseline.  Decompression blocks and filestorage APIs removing the burden from the CPU... this opens up the hardware to be used more efficiently than ever before.

How much of a real world difference comes from Sony's SSD and MS' SSD remains to be seen.  Tech demos meant to show off such a thing are just benchmarks.  I can benchmark my SSD using different programs which stress different things, and they show vast theoretical differences in performance... but in the real world, it rarely ever equates to that huge of a difference.

Sony will design games that push their system to the limits, I'm sure.  It will be fun to see, and we should all be excited for what's possible on both next gen systems.

Also I should add that Hellblade 2 is definitely using UE5 (although MS couldn't announce as much due to marketing deal with Sony) and features incredible geometry as well... lmao nobody should be worried about that.  Hellblade 2 will look better than this tech demo, I'm sure of it.

Edited by Remij_
11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

You're so stupid that you can't even understand the analogical comparative, you don't have to be formally educated or certified in something to be educated on it. Life is education, what you choose to invest time in understanding or experiencing is education. I don't need to have gone to school to understand these things, I don't need a certification or degree to understand them.

You are incredibly obtuse, and your stupidity is off the charts. 

Am I taking the piss? Why not take 5 seconds and do some research you fucking retard. It's from Epic's Fast Track streaming series where developers in China educate Chinese University students on the inner workings of the industry, their engine and its development. These are Unreal Engine developers on stage talking about it...

Get out of this thread, you are an embarrassment. 

You mad as fuck :umad:

Yet you’ve still done nothing to prove that you’re opinion on this subject is worth listening to. 

And you call me an stupid and an embarrassment but your thread is basically as follows:

CHINESE MAN SAY PS5 SSD NOT GOOD

XBOX HAVE BIGGER TF NUMBER THAN PS5 SO WILL BE BESTEST

That was your OP. Really. You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. Getting mad just proves it right. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Also I should add that Hellblade 2 is definitely using UE5 (although MS couldn't announce as much due to marketing deal with Sony) and features incredible geometry as well... lmao nobody should be worried about that.  Hellblade 2 will look better than this tech demo, I'm sure of it.

This is also the funny thing, people saying "Sony has showed us next-gen while Microsoft's reveal was a flop"... Ummm what idiots? Hellblade 2 was an in engine reveal of Unreal Engine 5 the day the system was revealed in December of last year.

People are incredibly stupid and it's annoying.