Sony's SSD spiel is a joke confirmed by a Chinese Epic engineer

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

You might want to read up, they already disclosed that the hit to the SSD was MB/s, not GB/s.

RIP you and all your bullshit forever

You're so personally hurt by the fact Sony has even a single better component than the Xbox that you are literally losing your mind over it :mj:

I will never not laugh at your line graph showing the max needed bandwith (like that requirement isn't gonna grow over time)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're telling him the peak he created is BS (he didn't create a peak)..... meanwhile your entire argument is built around a peak you made up in your head 

I get the impression when DeanoCuck starts posting about sophisticated computer hardware and specs, he actually has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. 

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You're so personally hurt by the fact Sony has even a single better component than the Xbox that you are literally losing your mind over it :mj:

I will never not laugh at your line graph showing the max needed bandwith (like that requirement isn't gonna grow over time)

A better component with a worthless advantage beyond basic loading times, wow, it's almost like I've been saying this since fucking forever...

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

A better component with a worthless advantage beyond basic loading times, wow, it's almost like I've been saying this since fucking forever...

Let me show you the equivalent of what you are doing:

Dyno in the 90s:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[rivals internet speed]

---------------- [internet speed needed to load a jpg]

---------------------------------------[my internet speed]

What a waste of speed. We clearly don't need anywhere near that much atm :grimaceleft:

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Let me show you the equivalent of what you are doing:

Dyno in the 90s:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[rivals internet speed]

---------------- [internet speed needed to load a jpg]

---------------------------------------[my internet speed]

What a waste of speed. We clearly don't need anywhere near that much atm :grimaceleft:

That's not how this works because you're comparing the speed of the internet which loads as fast as your connection allows. That's completely different than something which can load more things in and at much higher density but doesn't need to because nothing pushes it to.

What a fucking failure :mj: 

20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

That's not how this works because you're comparing the speed of the internet which loads as fast as your connection allows. That's completely different than something which can load more things in and at much higher density but doesn't need to because nothing pushes it to.

What a fucking failure :mj: 

It's hilarious how you continually miss the point :biggrin:

Again, you are literally saying we have reached PEAK performance for a technological unit and you continually say it with so much passion it's hilarious. An industry where literally nothing ever stops improving. 

You are saying that any Xbox after SX won't need a SSD better than it's current one, you are saying that no PC will ever need a SSD as fast as Sonys. You are saying that this entire field (SSD tech) can now shut down because we have reached the pinnacle :biggrin:. The funniest part is that you say this with a straight face and with authority. A literal retard who knows nothing about anything wouldn't even say we have reached max needed capabilities of anything in the tech world.

But please, keep posting those lines. Like everything else you say, time always proves you wrong. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

It's hilarious how you continually miss the point :biggrin:

Again, you are literally saying we have reached PEAK performance for a technological unit and you continually say it with so much passion it's hilarious. An industry where literally nothing ever stops improving. 

You are saying that any Xbox after SX won't need a SSD better than it's current one, you are saying that no PC will ever need a SSD as fast as Sonys. You are saying that this entire field (SSD tech) can now shut down because we have reached the pinnacle :biggrin:. The funniest part is that you say this with a straight face and with authority. A literal retard who knows nothing about anything wouldn't even say we have reached max needed capabilities of anything in the tech world.

But please, keep posting those lines. Like everything else you say, time always proves you wrong. 

I'm not saying we've reached the peak, I'm saying what you believe this peak to be is hilariously bullshit. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

I'm not saying we've reached the peak, I'm saying what you believe this peak to be is hilariously bullshit. 

11 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's like I told @madmaltese with my little graph thing I made and he tried to call me an idiot for it, these people get caught up in the dumbest shit and never learn.

I couldn't find the exact one I made but this is the gist of it. 

• |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| PS5 SSD Bandwidth
  • |-----------------------| SSD bandwidth requirement for on the fly asset streaming
  • |-------------------------------------------| Series X SSD Bandwidth

Like I said, they both engineered for the problem, but the issue is Sony overengineered at the cost of the rest of their system. 

:lawl:

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Dumb people ITT trying to act like they have the leg up here :mj:

DynamiteCop vs DynamiteCop :lupe:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

11 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's like I told @madmaltese with my little graph thing I made and he tried to call me an idiot for it, these people get caught up in the dumbest shit and never learn.

I couldn't find the exact one I made but this is the gist of it. 

• |--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| PS5 SSD Bandwidth
  • |-----------------------| SSD bandwidth requirement for on the fly asset streaming
  • |-------------------------------------------| Series X SSD Bandwidth

Like I said, they both engineered for the problem, but the issue is Sony overengineered at the cost of the rest of their system. 

• Geese 1

The engineer also said that with Unreal 4.25 and Unreal 5, they have a new "overlapped I/O" system which greatly improves the engines ability to load assets quicker while being less CPU intensive than before.

There's a lot more powering that demo than simply PS5 has a super fast SSD.  That's absolutely true..but this demo, as impressive as it is.. should in no way be indicative of the ceiling.

It's important to remember, that as visually stunning as it is... there's not a whole lot of unique assets, which would be required in an actual game.  Real games will have tons more assets and other geometry which can't make use of Nanite.  The throughput of this demo was excessive for what it is... meaning 8K textures and billions of polys.  All those statues are incredibly detailed.. and close to 500 of them.. but they are the same model.. repeated.  They aren't each unique.. 

So what you can expect is that real games will use far less polys, and lower res (likely 4K) textures.. and be much smarter how they utilize those resources.. so that they can have tons of UNIQUE models and geometry on the screen.  That's also how they can hit 60fps at 1440p or so.  So I think we'll have games that look visually FAR MORE stunning than this tech demo... but make no mistake.. Sony's developers WILL use that bandwidth.. but only the top of the top studios imo.  Studios like Sony Santa Monica and Naughty Dog.. who actually have the size and budget to create massive amounts of unique detailed content for their games.  One of the artists from the God of War team even said.. "good luck finding a team that could create that level of detail of assets across 30 hours of game".. and he's right.  Only a few would be able to.  However I believe that in the near future, Machine learning will help these teams, and more teams do exactly that.  Tools will become much better and allow developers to blast out assets that can take advantage of that fidelity and that level of I/O throughput.

Again though... developers are a crafty bunch.  This is very early.  Both machines have vastly more I/O than previous gen.. and look what we got?  Gears 5 running in 8K/30fps on my PC.. and this runs on a harddrive with about 40MB/s random bandwidth.

48725831921_50393075f5_o.jpg

We're going to get amazing looking shit.  God... Forza and GT with next gen tech omfg :whew: 

Lemmings do this every time their console came up weaker in certain aspects. Remember how they can’t see the difference between 720p and 1080p at the start of this gen?  And now apparently the PS5’s 2x faster SSD speed is overkill and redundant. XSX got the more powerful GPU while PS5 got the faster SSD, their games are going to be better in different aspects. 

27 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

That doesn't play against anything I've ever said, that actually plays into it perfectly.

Like I said you're dumb people. 

You're telling him the peak he created is BS (he didn't create a peak)..... meanwhile your entire argument is built around a peak you made up in your head :lawl:

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Bodycount VII said:

EYFhdjIXYAEA3k6.thumb.jpeg.1ee397b2c6990b8510cf5725a9b2b33b.jpeg

:mj:

That's not how it works bud, Epic already stated that this demo could work on last generation hardware if it was reconfigured and concessions were made. You should be used to this line of logic seeing as you're a Switch evangelical. 

You don't have to limit the top to account for the bottom. 

Edited by DynamiteCop
9 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I really wish you would die, you are beyond stupid.

There's another part to that sentence you brain dead fucking idiot.

Fucking die, you are intolerably stupid. Stay the fuck out of these threads, you fuck up everything people say because you are illiterate and dumb, and then twist it into some other dumb shit your stupid sheep brain concocted.. 

9 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Meltdown initiated. :mj:

He’s mad AF. :jordan3: