Sony's SSD spiel is a joke confirmed by a Chinese Epic engineer

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're telling him the peak he created is BS (he didn't create a peak)..... meanwhile your entire argument is built around a peak you made up in your head 

I get the impression when DeanoCuck starts posting about sophisticated computer hardware and specs, he actually has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. 

Just now, JONBpc said:

well , cows are morons 

Don't associate yourself too much with this clown Jonny, you got way more game than him. 

Edited by Cell
Just now, Vini said:

Sony convinced cows that SSD speeds are more important than GPU/CPU

Sony or their own solely driven delusions have convinced them to disassociate data streaming and scene complexity with rendering load. 

They're morons. 

49 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

That's not at all what it comes down to because if it did it would just fall in line with the rest of the system being better, it's not a standout if everything is better. 

Why do you always counter your own arguments.   You were just saying how the PS5 SSD is a waste because it's not needed to be the fast and Xsex SSD is more than enough for next gen. 

Now you're saying if XSEX had it... now it's not a waste anymore? :mj:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Why do you always counter your own arguments.   You were just saying how the PS5 SSD is a waste because it's not needed to be the fast and Xsex SSD is more than enough for next gen. 

Now you're saying if XSEX had it... now it's not a waste anymore? :mj:

Putting words in my mouth, it would still be a waste you dumbass, it just wouldn't stand out because the entire system would be universally better. 

I hate how fucking stupid you are, how you can take very simple things and convolute them to hell with your fucked brain. 

Edited by DynamiteCop
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Like I said maybe 5 or 6 times throughout this thread, you're too stupid to be engaged in this conversation. 

This is all you got, "you're too stupid to add anything to this conversation", for like, every poster who disagrees with you.  :lemming:

I've asked you MULTIPLE times to back up what your saying, and you can't, you just make more and more vague statements which are fucking useless. You do not understand how the shit you are talking about is going to transfer into reality. You just keep spouting tech specs. 

You remind me of a fat 40 year slob watching a sports game on the TV, shouting bullshit tactics like you're the only person with the rights answer when in reality you know fuck all, apart from a few things you've read on the internet and watched on youtube. 

And you've failed to prove me wrong on this multiple times. 

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Putting words in my mouth, it would still be a waste you dumbass, it just wouldn't stand out because the entire system would be universally better. 

So by saying this, you're admitting that XSEX current SSD doesn't fall in line with the rest of the system :cmpunk1:

Just now, Cell said:

This is all you got, "you're too stupid to add anything to this conversation", for like, every poster who disagrees with you.  :lemming:

I've asked you MULTIPLE times to back up what your saying, and you can't, you just make more and more vague statements which are fucking useless. You do not understand how the shit you are talking about is going to transfer into reality. You just keep spouting tech specs. 

You remind me of a fat 40 year slob watching a sports game on the TV, shouting bullshit tactics like you're the only person with the rights answer when in reality you know fuck all, apart from a few things you've read on the internet and watched on youtube. 

And you've failed to prove me wrong on this multiple times. 

Oh please, bitch. 

The demo alone with the corresponding information from the engineers is enough. Low data streaming rates relative to the hardware capability and already the computational side of the system is crippled and bottlenecking. 

Get lost. 

Me, earlier in this thread: You don't know what you're talking about you're just recycling shit you've seen elsewhere.

53 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Oh please, bitch. 

The demo alone with the corresponding information from the engineers is enough. Low data streaming rates relative to the hardware capability and already the computational side of the system is crippled and bottlenecking. 

Get lost. 

This guy. Honestly. Where did you come from? Can we send you back? 

:hest:

The biggest issue about this is the size these assets will take up on the SSD.  You can't have a game that's 400GBs because it has total disregard for the optimization process...

Which is why devs wont be able to just simply use 8K textures everywhere and models with millions and millions of triangles across an entire game.  They'll still have to do work to compress this stuff down.  As I said, developers will be much smarter and get far more visual return for the cost with actual games.  This demo was more of a "we can actually do it now" type thing than anything else.  Dev teams will create far better looking models using far less polygons and lower res textures.  Performance will be better, and file size will be reduced.

This is a tech demo of their new technology features.. Nanite and Lumen.. and they're simply showing off what is possible with that tech and how much they can stream in and out of memory.

The great thing about this tech though, is that developers can literally focus on creating super crazy high geometry models, specifically where it would count.  So like I said, to get the most visual return for their cost.  

The UE5 demo has many of the same object instanced... which is a lot different than having many unique objects.  Which is why a lot of developers on twitter are praising the hell out of the tech, but not exactly sure how they could expect to make a 20h+ game with assets on that level... since real games require far more assets than a tech demo.

Epic was really smart though in buying Quixel.  This gives them some of the highest quality models and material shaders ever made to work with.  And the library will just keep growing and growing.  Epic is getting in deep with the film industry, and the models and materials used for film are a cut above the rest.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The endless lemming meltdowns , shows Sony nailed it with the SSD. It's literally impossible to spin a 2x+ faster SSD as something that does t matter and it shows.

Sony nailed what to show first.  It makes what MS showed look lame... because nothing MS showed was really designed with the new hardware in mind.  I believe MS has already showed what Series X is capable of with Hellblade 2, but they can't really talk much about it yet.  Sony showed off a clear use for the SSD... MS really needs to do the same... and like.. right away.

That demo doesn't represent the ceiling.  Series X can do that demo... trust me.

30 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Sony nailed what to show first.  It makes what MS showed look lame... because nothing MS showed was really designed with the new hardware in mind.  I believe MS has already showed what Series X is capable of with Hellblade 2, but they can't really talk much about it yet.  Sony showed off a clear use for the SSD... MS really needs to do the same... and like.. right away.

That demo doesn't represent the ceiling.  Series X can do that demo... trust me.

Of course it can run the demo, that's not the question. The faster SSD will offer tons of quality of life changes in games by making them even more seamless.

16 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Of course it can run the demo, that's not the question. The faster SSD will offer tons of quality of life changes in games by making them even more seamless.

So will the SSD in the Series X.

Notice how everyone is talking about how high poly geometry is so intensive and that it would have to be scaled down to work on slower drives.... but absolutely NOBODY is talking about how the demo couldn't be DONE on slower drives?

Meaning... there's NOTHING here... game design-wise, that couldn't be done on a slower drive.  Which I believe myself and DynamiteCop said.

Now if you want to talk about the graphics needing to be lowered on Series X.. or something like that... I'd still point out to you that no game will ship with geometry in the billions.. for the hell of it.  Devs will optimize as much as they can... and better visuals, better streaming, more intricate levels and open worlds... will be designed, using FAR LESS bandwidth for streaming.

This tech demo is pushing those polys and those 8K textures... simply as a demonstration that it CAN stream them.  That's not to say that they can't make it look exactly the same to our eyes... without requiring the insane bandwidth.

How 2.4GB/s to 5.5/GB/s will translate and differentiate from each other in real games isn't cut and dry.  It very well could be that in many styles of games, the Series X is better designed and balanced... and in certain styles of games, PS5 will be.

We don't know yet.

Edited by Remij_