Digital Foundry: We're Not Kidding - Saints Row The Third Remastered Is An Exceptional Effort

IGN review:

I do wish Saints Row 3 had more going on in the remaster department. The fresh coat of paint slathered over the top of Steelport honestly isn’t all that attractive. I played on PC, and even on Ultra settings it didn’t really inspire any awe. Yes, you can tell that the car models have been redone, the character models have been touched up, and the daytime lighting is better in general, but it doesn’t look anywhere near as good as something made in 2020 – and a good remaster should at least be plausible as a modern game. Rain looks especially bad, and one area where Saints 3 hasn’t held up well is seeing the same male and female grunts shooting at you hundreds of times.

If you’re going to deliver a remaster of a game that’s only nine years old, it’s got to look better than this – especially if it’s at the end of a console generation and not up to what the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro are capable of. 

:bena:

Edited by ghostz
5 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I never got into the series, but my best friend loves the Saints Row series, and was ecstatic when I told him this was coming.

same. looks like boring garbo to me.