New State of Play this Wednesday - Will focus entirely on TLOU2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

working on a few things behind the scenes to take this stream down, hopefully we can work something out to interrupt ND's plans.

Yeah but it will rile everyone up, so for that I'm grateful.

cows and fans walking right into a trap they're not prepared for, enjoy it suckers    

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

This state of play isn't even needed.  The game is going to sell 6-8 million + in the first month I bet.

Yeah but it will rile everyone up, so for that I'm grateful. :troll:

• Geese 1
2 hours ago, Bodycount VII said:

:geese: 

This FAILED piece of rotten shit isn't anticipated by anyone. NO ONE wants this FAGGOT game for LOSERS, stop trying to hype or generate FAKE EXCITEMENT for this FAGGOT FLOP.

It's Over Laugh at Us Fagboys.

You've been Rejected by society. Go die in a hole. :geese: 

b55.gif

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Won't be watching. Seen enough.

More importantly though.... .this is it. The last current gen state of play Sony needed to do. No way they were gonna market PS5 before marketing TLOU2 and Ghost. Now they are gonna be done. 

PS5 news next :aitch:

Yeah im skipping it as well. This is gonna be a good way to sell the haters on the game (at least those who think a few out of context story details completely ruin the experience).

38 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah im skipping it as well. This is gonna be a good way to sell the haters on the game (at least those who think a few out of context story details completely ruin the experience).

Those ppl were just dying for an excuse to hate the game and got it and nothing is gonna change their mind. 

Imagine thinking a game is complete shit because of out of context spoilers BEFORE even playing the game. Let alone a game that might be pushing the boundaries in so many different elements. Graphics, animations, sound design, AI, cinematic gameplay, etc. At worst it has a shit story. This aint a book. Good story can elevate games but average stories are a dime a dozen in this industry, it would be nothing new. 

27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Those ppl were just dying for an excuse to hate the game and got it and nothing is gonna change their mind. 

Imagine thinking a game is complete shit because of out of context spoilers BEFORE even playing the game. Let alone a game that might be pushing the boundaries in so many different elements. Graphics, animations, sound design, AI, cinematic gameplay, etc. At worst it has a shit story. This aint a book. Good story can elevate games but average stories are a dime a dozen in this industry, it would be nothing new. 

bbbbut the non playable cut scenes somehow ruin the actual gameplay :awww:

37 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I definitely wasn't dying for an excuse to hate the game :francis: 

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I definitely wasn't dying for an excuse to hate the game :francis: 

If you hate the game already then you sort of were. It's still a game. A game you haven't played. A game that no one hating on it has played. Literally impossible to hate it without an inherent bias to want to (which is nothing new, many ppl go into games with an inherent bias, whether it's to like or dislike it). Like i said, at worst it will have a shit story. Did UC not revolutionise the genre while also having an average story? Don't a multitude of games do that exact same thing. So few actually move the medium forward via story. TLOU2 still has every opportunity to be 'the best' in so many gaming categories.

But if you want to focus on story, I can give you identical story beats from multiple movies or medium and the story beats would not matter the slightest compared to the actual context.

Actually I'll give you one right now that we can both relate to:

MASSIVE Game of Thrones Spoilers:

story/plot leak 

Dany goes mad king style and burns Kings Landing

Jon kills Dany

Now the show turned that into the biggest pile of shit ever because it was rushed and unearned.

Now watch the book turn that exact sequence of events and make it amazing.

Context is all that matters and how a story is told. You don't know a single thing about how TLOU2 is going to reach any of the spoilers youve seen.

I've seen romantic story told well and told poorly, I've seen character deaths done well and done poorly, I've seen twists done well and done poorly, etc, etc. All of the result depended on the context and the journey. Imagine not having played TLOU and just knowing the ending lol Would sound like the worst ending ever. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

If you hate the game already then you sort of were. It's still a game. A game you haven't played. A game that no one hating on it has played. Literally impossible to hate it without an inherent bias to want to (which is nothing new, many ppl go into games with an inherent bias, whether it's to like or dislike it). Like i said, at worst it will have a shit story. Did UC not revolutionise the genre while also having an average story? Don't a multitude of games do that exact same thing. So few actually move the medium forward via story. TLOU2 still has every opportunity to be 'the best' in so many gaming categories.

But if you want to focus on story, I can give you identical story beats from multiple movies or medium and the story beats would not matter the slightest compared to the actual context.

Actually I'll give you one right now that we can both relate to:

MASSIVE Game of Thrones Spoilers:

Hide contents

story/plot leak 

Dany goes mad king style and burns Kings Landing

Jon kills Dany

Now the show turned that into the biggest pile of shit ever because it was rushed and unearned.

Now watch the book turn that exact sequence of events and make it amazing.

Context is all that matters and how a story is told. You don't know a single thing about how TLOU2 is going to reach any of the spoilers youve seen.

I've seen romantic story told well and told poorly, I've seen character deaths done well and done poorly, I've seen twists done well and done poorly, etc, etc. All of the result depended on the context and the journey. Imagine not having played TLOU and just knowing the ending lol Would sound like the worst ending ever. 

:mjpls: 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Remij got owned. 

Nah.

I mean, are people who HAVEN'T seen the spoilers really trying to tell people who have that they're just missing the proper context?  lol.. .I mean this isn't just a single part of the game that's been shown.  And as I said... the entire PREMISE for the game has been revealed... and I don't care for the direction they went with it.

But yea... it's my fault and I was wanting to dislike the story.  I forgot.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.

I mean, are people who HAVEN'T seen the spoilers really trying to tell people who have that they're just missing the proper context?  lol.. .I mean this isn't just a single part of the game that's been shown.  And as I said... the entire PREMISE for the game has been revealed... and I don't care for the direction they went with it.

But yea... it's my fault and I was wanting to dislike the story.  I forgot.

You've already stated you don't plan on playing this game, already spoiled it for yourself and are going to watch someone else play it. What are you doing in this thread? :mjpls: