New State of Play this Wednesday - Will focus entirely on TLOU2

Just now, lynux3 said:

You've already stated you don't plan on playing this game, already spoiled it for yourself and are going to watch someone else play it. What are you doing in this thread? :mjpls:

Talking about the game.  Giving my opinion on why a State of Play focused on it isn't even necessary and will just spoil more of the game for people who are already going to buy it regardless...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

working on a few things behind the scenes to take this stream down, hopefully we can work something out to interrupt ND's plans.

Yeah but it will rile everyone up, so for that I'm grateful.

cows and fans walking right into a trap they're not prepared for, enjoy it suckers    

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Talking about the game.  Giving my opinion on why a State of Play focused on it isn't even necessary and will just spoil more of the game for people who are already going to buy it regardless...

We appreciate your concern, but who cares. There are already two people in here skipping it and I'm sure there are others with the same mindset. People are going to tune in or they aren't. I'll be tuning in. :trump:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

We appreciate your concern, but who cares. There are already two people in here skipping it and I'm sure there are others with the same mindset. People are going to tune in or they aren't. I'll be tuning in. :trump:

You asked me :shrug: 

In regards to showing too much of it for ppl who are interested. It really just becomes up to the person to watch or not at some point. Unfortunately Sony and everyone really (in films, games, etc) will promote shit like crazy and reveal stuff because it gets ppl in. TV shows ruin so much with 'Next time on...', at end of every ep. So many films literally have the entire story arc in their trailers. 

When it comes to games, I hated how much Sony showed of Spiderman, yet the results were the highest selling Sony exclusive ever. 

I was also flabbergasted at what the FFVIIR launch trailer showed (I watched it after finishing FFVIIR).

So yeah I'm not watching this but there is no way Sony wasn't going to have this State of Play. Expect a launch trailer too. 

10 hours ago, Remij_ said:

of course it's necessary because it's to promote the game.  A large portion of the gaming population do not post on gaming message boards, do not follow gaming websites or read gaming magazines and still haven't seen any leaks because they're not in those circles. 

The gaming world doesn't revolve around you and what you've already seen or haven't seen bro... they still have to market the game to the masses outside the hardcore gamer bubble. :shrug:

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

of course it's necessary because it's to promote the game.  A large portion of the gaming population do not post on gaming message boards, do not follow gaming websites or read gaming magazines and still haven't seen any leaks because they're not in those circles. 

The gaming world doesn't revolve around you and what you've already seen or haven't seen bro... they still have to market the game to the masses outside the hardcore gamer bubble. :shrug:

I never said it did lmao... the fact that there's the entire player base from the first... and if your going to try to tell me that they don't know about the game yet... I'm going to laugh my ass off... then there's the fact that it's already blowing pre-order estimates out of the water.... and the fact that the game is already advertised in all sorts of media.........

Then there's the fact that state of play is literally targeting the group that already knows about the game......

Yeah, its not necessary...  I mean... they're worried that they aren't going to have enough units at launch ffs.. which is why they "delayed" the release... :drake:

Edited by Remij_
9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I never said it did lmao... the fact that there's the entire player base from the first... and if your going to try to tell me that they don't know about the game yet... I'm going to laugh my ass off... then there's the fact that it's already blowing pre-order estimates out of the water.... and the fact that the game is already advertised in all sorts of media.........

Then there's the fact that state of play is literally targeting the group that already knows about the game......

Yeah, its not necessary...  I mean... they're worried that they aren't going to have enough units at launch ffs.. which is why they "delayed" the release... :drake:

State of Play is targeting all potential customers of the game, not just those who are already going to purchase it.... Do you not know the purpose of marketing? 

The game already had a marketing budget that was set aside during the planning phases for the game, the state of play im sure was apart of that budget.  

So because a game is going to be big there is no need to market it further?  That's Braindead stupid :mj:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

State of Play is targeting all potential customers of the game, not just those who are already going to purchase it.... Do you not know the purpose of marketing? 

The game already had a marketing budget that was set aside during the planning phases for the game, the state of play im sure was apart of that budget.  

So because a game is going to be big there is no need to market it further?  That's Braindead stupid :mj:

:snoop: 

EVERY motherfucker that watches TLOU2 State of Play has the intention of buying it ffs...  stop being ridiculous.  And State of Plays are a very GAMER circle focused form of advertising.

You literally came at me with "bubut some people might not follow the same circles you do durr" ... except the people who they are targeting are EXACTLY the people who follow those circles.  Following Playstation's Twitter, following their youtube, following gaming sites and forums... that's how they'll even know about this shit in the first place.  NONE of those people need convincing at this point.  Unless you want to count this State of Play as damage controlling in an attempt to sway people who've already seen a bunch of shit and decided they don't like it? :bena: 

Except... no... like I said... a SoP for this game most definitely isn't necessary.  At this point that money is better spent on commercials and other forms of advertising like fucking slurpee cups and shit like that.

Edited by Remij_
3 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Literally know nothing about this game; but, the reactions it has spawned has piqued my curiosity. :face:

It will be on pc soon enough , probably by the end of the year . You Can Laugh With Us about TloU