New State of Play this Wednesday - Will focus entirely on TLOU2

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

:snoop: 

EVERY motherfucker that watches TLOU2 State of Play has the intention of buying it ffs...  stop being ridiculous.  And State of Plays are a very GAMER circle focused form of advertising.

You literally came at me with "bubut some people might not follow the same circles you do durr" ... except the people who they are targeting are EXACTLY the people who follow those circles.  Following Playstation's Twitter, following their youtube, following gaming sites and forums... that's how they'll even know about this shit in the first place.  NONE of those people need convincing at this point.  Unless you want to count this State of Play as damage controlling in an attempt to sway people who've already seen a bunch of shit and decided they don't like it? :bena: 

Except... no... like I said... a SoP for this game most definitely isn't necessary.  At this point that money is better spent on commercials and other forms of advertising like fucking slurpee cups and shit like that.

You're as dense as a block of wood if you think the state of play isn't needed.  It's part of the marketing push and already factored into budget and planned months in advance.   

The date may have changed because of the delay but product marketing is planed out way before. Product placement, sponsors, previews, social media platforms will all be running this tomorrow.  

Successful gaming products are still marketed up to release and post release. Nintendo would have multimillion sellers lined up and would still do a direct SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT GAME JUST BEFORE RELEASE.  Sony is doing that also with state of play.   Those games go on to sell 10s of millions of copies im sure they think the marketing was worth it. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

working on a few things behind the scenes to take this stream down, hopefully we can work something out to interrupt ND's plans.

Yeah but it will rile everyone up, so for that I'm grateful.

cows and fans walking right into a trap they're not prepared for, enjoy it suckers    

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

bwahaha people went apeshit over spoilers that weren't even true :lul: Im even more excited to play the game now :smoke: 

Some of the spoilers that "leaked" that didn't have a clip to go along with it was all fake apparently. 

incoming LemiJ and Dumbfuck cop ownage is imminent :lawl:

41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

bwahaha people went apeshit over spoilers that weren't even true :lul: Im even more excited to play the game now :smoke: 

Someone could have told bodycount before he lost his mind and started emailing PETA :ben: 

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You're as dense as a block of wood if you think the state of play isn't needed.  It's part of the marketing push and already factored into budget and planned months in advance.   

The date may have changed because of the delay but product marketing is planed out way before. Product placement, sponsors, previews, social media platforms will all be running this tomorrow.  

Successful gaming products are still marketed up to release and post release. Nintendo would have multimillion sellers lined up and would still do a direct SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT GAME JUST BEFORE RELEASE.  Sony is doing that also with state of play.   Those games go on to sell 10s of millions of copies im sure they think the marketing was worth it. 

You're dumb as fuck :tom: 

This state of play DEFINITELY isn't needed.  The game will sell the exact same amount with or without it.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Some of the spoilers that "leaked" that didn't have a clip to go along with it was all fake apparently. 

incoming LemiJ and Dumbfuck cop ownage is imminent :lawl:

LOL "many of them that weren't clips"

I'm basing my opinion ENTIRELY off of the 1.5h worth of CLIPS that I saw... not some 4chan fanfiction shit. :lul: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

LOL "many of them that weren't clips"

I'm basing my opinion ENTIRELY off of the 1.5h worth of CLIPS that I saw... not some 4chan fanfiction shit. :lul: 

I can't believe you watched 1.5 hours worth of story relevant footage for this game, you pretty much ruined the entire thing for yourself :D 

Just now, Twinblade said:

I can't believe you watched 1.5 hours worth of story relevant footage for this game, you pretty much ruined the entire thing for yourself :D 

Or I pretty much saved myself the bother :shrug: 

What's funny though is people who act like 1.5h of footage isn't enough to base an opinion off of :drake: 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Remij thinks he is better at marketing than Sony. :tom: 

ITT, a bunch of people that were going to buy TLOU2 regardless of this SoP or not...just like everyone else :drake: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Or I pretty much saved myself the bother :shrug: 

What's funny though is people who act like 1.5h of footage isn't enough to base an opinion off of :drake: 

Even if the content wasn't controversial you still would have ruined the experience for yourself. Why would anybody take that risk for one of the most hyped games of the year :monkas:

Just now, Remij_ said:

ITT, a bunch of people that were going to buy TLOU2 regardless of this SoP or not...just like everyone else :drake: 

ITT Remij cries... ":cry: please dun watch dis, its not nesseseerwy." :cruise:

Just now, Twinblade said:

Even if the content wasn't controversial you still would have ruined the experience for yourself. Why would anybody take that risk for one of the most hyped games of the year :monkas:

Nah.  If the content was in line with what I wanted then I would have been absolutely more hyped than ever.  Some of the shit was just so lame I had to see if it was actually true or not :hest: 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

ITT Remij cries... ":cry: please dun watch dis, its not nesseseerwy." :cruise:

ITT, "THIS IS NECESSARY REMIJ!!!@! :cry:" - people that were buying the game day 1 as of 4 years ago :drake: 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  If the content was in line with what I wanted then I would have been absolutely more hyped than ever.  Some of the shit was just so lame I had to see if it was actually true or not :hest: 

Get ready to get banned once the embargo lifts. Ill make sure I pull the switch myself :jasonj:

Just now, Remij_ said:

ITT, "THIS IS NECESSARY REMIJ!!!@! :cry:" - people that were buying the game day 1 as of 4 years ago :drake: 

PWEASE DUN WATCH IT GAIZ, IT"S NOT REQUIRED!!1!1 :noah: I KNOW BETTER DIN SONY :tear2:

15 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You're dumb as fuck :tom: 

This state of play DEFINITELY isn't needed.  The game will sell the exact same amount with or without it.

This is DynamiteCop and Slow Jonny level of stupid :lawl: