Controversial game opinions?

- Metroid Prime is an 'ok' game and MP2 is a bad game

- No Halo game has ever had a great campaign and Halo CE's campaign has some of the worst level design in a highly rated game ever.

- Majority of Nintendo's game would receive VASTLY lower scores if they were released on Sony or MS consoles without the Nintendo name, especially Zelda (Skyward Sword has a 93 meta.....93. For a legit 5-6 game)

- Ubisoft is a top tier developer and publisher and the best of the major 3rd parties. They are more consistent in quality, support their games more than anyone (whether it launches successfully or not) and have an incredible range of IPs.

- Gamecube is one of the greatest consoles of all time.

- Linear games are better than open world games, including games were you simply select levels from a menu. HUB worlds are the absolute worst. 

- RDR2 has a shit story

• Like 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I played Fallout 4 but I didn't get that sense of amazement like with new vegas or breath of the wild.  Even The Outer Worlds had me hooked. Fallout 4 became incredibly easy  if you went out and did s

Resident Evil 4 is a terrible RE game.

The Wii/PS2/PSP version was given an AO rating, so yeah I don’t see it happening.

Anita Sarkessian has a valid opinion that should be respected

The SNES version of Aladdin is better than the Genesis version.  People only like the Genesis version because of the sword, but the SNES version simply plays better

Call of Duty campaigns are top rate.  They pack a lot of action into 6 or so hours, and I look forward to a new Call of Duty Campaign ever year, except for that year the gipped us.

Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game on the switch

Swimming levels are usually some of my favorite levels in video games

If you are poor, its perfectly morally acceptable to pirate.  The developers didn't lose the money you couldn't afford to give them

Mega Man 5 is the best NES mega man.  Imagine levels, big sprites, it has everything you want in a megaman game.

Super Mario Bros 2 USA is fantastic and simply kicks the lost levels ass.

8 hours ago, kokujin said:

all these sound right. You liked Fall out 4 tho. I remember when vegas and fall out came out side by side. WoW is terrible. Dota is an addiction/i would never align my personality with it.  And Wind Waker is the last Zelda worth playing. 

I played Fallout 4 but I didn't get that sense of amazement like with new vegas or breath of the wild.  Even The Outer Worlds had me hooked. Fallout 4 became incredibly easy  if you went out and did sidequests. I had to install difficulty mods to even shit out.

• NPC 2
1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

- No Halo game has ever had a great campaign and Halo CE's campaign has some of the worst level design in a highly rated game ever.

- Majority of Nintendo's game would receive VASTLY lower scores if they were released on Sony or MS consoles without the Nintendo name, especially Zelda (Skyward Sword has a 93 meta.....93. For a legit 5-6 game)

- Ubisoft is a top tier developer and publisher and the best of the major 3rd parties. They are more consistent in quality, support their games more than anyone (whether it launches successfully or not) and have an incredible range of IPs.

- Linear games are better than open world games, including games were you simply select levels from a menu. HUB worlds are the absolute worst. 

- RDR2 has a shit story

Quite the contradiction there considering Ubisoft has converted all of their linear games into openworld trash padded with 6 o 7 repetitive minigames.

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

- RDR2 has a shit story

i love you with 35% of this, you're fucking wacko as fuck with the rest. :D

if some random developer made skyward sword, it'd get an 8 or 9 easily.  If anyone made galaxy botw etc. it would get a great score. c'mon now. fucking https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/beyond-good-evil

that's the critic baddy. 

I lol @ the other ones that are "wacky sounding."  Plause for the thread and you.

but really,  the nintendo bait shit is crap

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/beyond-good-evil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

- RDR2 has a shit story

Too many of Ubisoft's games share the same template and are starting to blend together. They also do put out some stinkers from time to time, Breakpoint being the most recent one.

I mean yous did ask for unpopular opinions :denzel3: If everyone is agreeing then it wouldn't be unpopular

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Quite the contradiction there considering Ubisoft has converted all of their linear games into openworld trash padded with 6 o 7 repetitive minigames.

Not a contradiction at all. Just because I prefer linear games doesn't make open world games bad and it also doesn't meant that every linear game is better than every open world game. It literally means I just prefer linear games. And Ubisoft haven't converted shit. Far Cry was always open world. AC was always open world. Division was always open world. They haven't converted a single franchise that was linea into a open world one except maybe Ghost Recon, which was a natural progression of that franchise. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Too many of Ubisoft's games share the same template and are starting to blend together. They also do put out some stinkers from time to time, Breakpoint being the most recent one.

everyone puts out stinkers from time to time but from the major 3rd parties they are by far the most consistent. They also consistently put out new IPs every gen. 

The same template crap is so overblown. They usually have 1 game in a specific genre but ppl who don't play the games think it's all the same. 

AC and Watch Dogs are nothing alike even though they are both 3rd person open worlds.

Division is a shooter looter akin to Destiny and Borderlands, not anything else Ubi has.

Siege is a MP esport and nothing like FC

Outside of that, they have Just Dance (dance game), Rabbids (SRPG), The Crew(arcade racer), South Park (RPG), For Honor (MP combat game).

and they are working on 2 new IPs in Gods and Monsters and Skull and Bones, both unlike anything else they have. 

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

i love you with 35% of this, you're fucking wacko as fuck with the rest. :D

if some random developer made skyward sword, it'd get an 8 or 9 easily.  If anyone made galaxy botw etc. it would get a great score. c'mon now. fucking https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/beyond-good-evil

that's the critic baddy. 

I lol @ the other ones that are "wacky sounding."  Plause for the thread and you.

but really,  the nintendo bait shit is crap

Galaxy is not included in that statement. Galaxy is a fucking GOAT game. Skyward Sword and TP though............Neither would be 9+ on other systems without the nintendo and zelda name. and BOTW wouldn't be the highest reviewed game this gen.

13 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I mean yous did ask for unpopular opinions :denzel3: If everyone is agreeing then it wouldn't be unpopular

Not a contradiction at all. Just because I prefer linear games doesn't make open world games bad and it also doesn't meant that every linear game is better than every open world game. It literally means I just prefer linear games. And Ubisoft haven't converted shit. Far Cry was always open world. AC was always open world. Division was always open world. They haven't converted a single franchise that was linea into a open world one except maybe Ghost Recon, which was a natural progression of that franchise. 

everyone puts out stinkers from time to time but from the major 3rd parties they are by far the most consistent. They also consistently put out new IPs every gen. 

The same template crap is so overblown. They usually have 1 game in a specific genre but ppl who don't play the games think it's all the same. 

AC and Watch Dogs are nothing alike even though they are both 3rd person open worlds.

Division is a shooter looter akin to Destiny and Borderlands, not anything else Ubi has.

Siege is a MP esport and nothing like FC

Outside of that, they have Just Dance (dance game), Rabbids (SRPG), The Crew(arcade racer), South Park (RPG), For Honor (MP combat game).

and they are working on 2 new IPs in Gods and Monsters and Skull and Bones, both unlike anything else they have. 

Galaxy is not included in that statement. Galaxy is a fucking GOAT game. Skyward Sword and TP though............Neither would be 9+ on other systems without the nintendo and zelda name. and BOTW wouldn't be the highest reviewed game this gen.

Elementary level reading comprehension skills right there.

My comments have nothing to do with your preferences but rather the fact that you said linear games are better than openworld but then say Ubisoft is one of the best devs out there when most of their trash shares the same open world template.

So no.

There are far better developers this gen than Ubisoft. One them being CD Projekt Red.

Even them made a better kinda open worldish game.

Edited by MalaXmaS
4 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Elementary level reading comprehension skills right there.

My comments have nothing to do with your preferences but rather the fact that you said linear games are better than openworld but then say Ubisoft is one of the best devs out there when most of their trash shares the same open world template.

So no.

There are far better developers this gen than Ubisoft. One them being CD Projekt Red.

Even them made a better kinda open worldish game.

No shit CD Projekt Red is better :mj: Is that supposed to be an unpopular opinion?

The irony of you saying someone has elementary level reading comprehension when you can't even read. "One of the best" doesn't mean "the best". Me preferring linear games doesn't mean open world games are bad. Reading is your friend. 

12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

No shit CD Projekt Red is better :mj: Is that supposed to be an unpopular opinion?

The irony of you saying someone has elementary level reading comprehension when you can't even read. "One of the best" doesn't mean "the best". Me preferring linear games doesn't mean open world games are bad. Reading is your friend. 

Yet you said Ubisoft is the best 3rd third party major developer.

First you say linear games are better, then you contradict yourself with that when Ubisoft's portfolio for this gen has consisted of openworld games.

AC, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Breakpoint, Farcry, The Crew, Watchdogs.

Can you even make sense, retard?

6 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yet you said Ubisoft is the best 3rd third party major developer.

First you say linear games are better, then you contradict yourself with that when Ubisoft's portfolio for this gen has consisted of openworld games.

AC, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Breakpoint, Farcry, The Crew, Watchdogs.

Can you even make sense, retard?

Yeah the best of the major 3rd parties (that developer and publish multiple games every year), EA, Activision, Ubisoft and to a lesser sense, Bethesda. They are the best. Rockstar and CD make like 1 fucking game a gen idiot, no shit they are better. 

Again you can't read. You calling anyone a moron is hilarious. Linear games are better. So TLOU>>>> all those you mentioned. That doesn't mean those open world games are bad you dumbass. How stupid are you?

A Bugatti Veyron is faster than a Nissan GTR, but that doesn't mean a GTR is slow. Learn reading comprehension. 

You are stupider than a rock. That doesn't mean a rock is smart.

You slowly understanding how 'better than' works?

33 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah the best of the major 3rd parties (that developer and publish multiple games every year), EA, Activision, Ubisoft and to a lesser sense, Bethesda. They are the best. Rockstar and CD make like 1 fucking game a gen idiot, no shit they are better. 

Again you can't read. You calling anyone a moron is hilarious. Linear games are better. So TLOU>>>> all those you mentioned. That doesn't mean those open world games are bad you dumbass. How stupid are you?

A Bugatti Veyron is faster than a Nissan GTR, but that doesn't mean a GTR is slow. Learn reading comprehension. 

You are stupider than a rock. That doesn't mean a rock is smart.

You slowly understanding how 'better than' works?

lmfao here comes the retarded analogies.

Talking about unrelated shit.

Let me put it in simpler terms you fucking idiot.

You said that linear games are better than openworld games.

Are you following me? Ok.

THEN you say Ubisoft is the best third party developer out there.

What has Ubisoft made mostly this gen? Openworld games.

Did I say openworld games are bad in general? No.

I just said you contradicted yourself with that statement.

But oh wait, here comes your dumbshit making more stupid assumptions.

Then you say that I can't talk about a developer having a better openworld game than Ubisoft because they have only made one compared to Ubisoft's many.

You seem to be under the wrong impression that making one game a gen can give you the edge in quality compared to a dev that makes more than one.

Well, guess what. Bioware made Mass Effect Andromeda and it flopped. :reg:

So if you can't prove a point, then avoid getting into different arguments especially when you suck at making your initial point.

Again, I am not trying to say what kind of games are better. I am just proving you the kind of retard that you are by contradicting yourself.

8 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

lmfao here comes the retarded analogies.

Talking about unrelated shit.

Let me put it in simpler terms you fucking idiot.

You said that linear games are better than openworld games.

Are you following me? Ok.

THEN you say Ubisoft is the best third party developer out there.

What has Ubisoft made mostly this gen? Openworld games.

Did I say openworld games are bad in general? No.

I just said you contradicted yourself with that statement.

But oh wait, here comes your dumbshit making more stupid assumptions.

Then you say that I can't talk about a developer having a better openworld game than Ubisoft because they have only made one compared to Ubisoft's many.

You seem to be under the wrong impression that making one game a gen can give you the edge in quality compared to a dev that makes more than one.

Well, guess what. Bioware made Mass Effect Andromeda and it flopped. :reg:

So if you can't prove a point, then avoid getting into different arguments especially when you suck at making your initial point.

Again, I am not trying to say what kind of games are better. I am just proving you the kind of retard that you are by contradicting yourself.

You get dumber every post.

Learn to read. Let's try again:

'Ubisoft is a top tier developer and publisher and the best of the major 3rd parties'

Why are you comparing them to Bioware? :mj: Bioware doesn't publish. They are owned by EA and would go under EA as the major 3rd party dev/publishers. So all you've done is again prove my point how superior Ubi is compared to trash like EA.

There is no hope in your dumbass understanding how someone can prefer a genre without saying another genre is bad. 

I prefer linear games (have a guess who is making the linear games I prefer :biggrin:, let me tell you, it's not EA, Activision or Bethesda). Ubisoft is still the best of the major 3rd developer/publishers. Only your stupid ass would think that is contradictory. 

You prefer racing games to many genres. Does that mean you think Polyphony is also the best dev out there? 

23 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You get dumber every post.

Learn to read. Let's try again:

'Ubisoft is a top tier developer and publisher and the best of the major 3rd parties'

Why are you comparing them to Bioware? :mj: Bioware doesn't publish. They are owned by EA and would go under EA as the major 3rd party dev/publishers. So all you've done is again prove my point how superior Ubi is compared to trash like EA.

There is no hope in your dumbass understanding how someone can prefer a genre without saying another genre is bad. 

I prefer linear games (have a guess who is making the linear games I prefer :biggrin:, let me tell you, it's not EA, Activision or Bethesda). Ubisoft is still the best of the major 3rd developer/publishers. Only your stupid ass would think that is contradictory. 

You prefer racing games to many genres. Does that mean you think Polyphony is also the best dev out there? 

I am comparing them to Bioware for the simpler fact that you shot down my claim that CD Project Red is better because of Witcher 3.

You said I couldn't say that because they have only made one game.

That's why I said making only one game does not automatically mean it has to be good as Mass Effect Andromeda sucked.

And I haven't proved any argument about Ubisoft being better than EA.

If anything, you just raped yourself because EA has a better and more varied catalogue than Ubisoft.

Be it, racing games or shooters, EA has surpassed them.

Battlefield 4, 1 even 5 way better than Rainbow Six Siege.

NFS Rivals, 2015, Heat way better than The Crew.

Aside from that, Ubi has relied on milking their true cash cow, Assassin's Creed.

Again, you are a fucking moron.

40 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I am comparing them to Bioware for the simpler fact that you shot down my claim that CD Project Red is better because of Witcher 3.

You said I couldn't say that because they have only made one game.

That's why I said making only one game does not automatically mean it has to be good as Mass Effect Andromeda sucked.

And I haven't proved any argument about Ubisoft being better than EA.

If anything, you just raped yourself because EA has a better and more varied catalogue than Ubisoft.

Be it, racing games or shooters, EA has surpassed them.

Battlefield 4, 1 even 5 way better than Rainbow Six Siege.

NFS Rivals, 2015, Heat way better than The Crew.

Aside from that, Ubi has relied on milking their true cash cow, Assassin's Creed.

Again, you are a fucking moron.

I shot down your claim that CD Projekt Red is better? I said 'no shit they are better' :biggrin: 

But they aren't a major dev/publisher that have a range of IPs and multi years releases which was my comparison in the first place you dumb fuck.

Secondly, cause you are so stupid you can't even make your own argument right. Bioware didn't just release one game this gen, moron. They released 3 (dragon Age - cross gen, Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem), so you can't even fucking count to 1 properly. Not to mention thanks for bringing Bioware and they gigantic flops into this. Perfect argument for why Ubisoft destroys EA. EA even killed Bioware, a dev team that was seen as one of the best :drake:

So you can't even make the comparison right to begin with (by comparing Bioware to Ubisoft) then counting to 1 is too much of a task for you also :sabu:

Moron that thinks that someone saying they prefer a genre over another means they are saying that every dev that doesn't make that genre isn't good. 

Getting triggered in an unpopular opinion thread :mj: