Controversial game opinions?

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

This is actually a really good one.

I mean I disagree but it's a post worthy of an unpopular opinion thread.

I’d kill for a next-gen Manhunt 3. Game was sadistic and awesome. :aitch:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I played Fallout 4 but I didn't get that sense of amazement like with new vegas or breath of the wild.  Even The Outer Worlds had me hooked. Fallout 4 became incredibly easy  if you went out and did s

Resident Evil 4 is a terrible RE game.

The Wii/PS2/PSP version was given an AO rating, so yeah I don’t see it happening.

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Imagine what that would even look like considering TLOU2 kill animations are this gen. Would be insane...........and probably banned everywhere lol

The Wii/PS2/PSP version was given an AO rating, so yeah I don’t see it happening. :drake:

• Haha 1
  • aitch 1
1 minute ago, Ike said:

The Wii/PS2/PSP version was given an AO rating, so yeah I don’t see it happening. :drake:

:biggrin:

So much of Rockstar's catalogue right now seems sort of locked away because of it's material and the political climate.

I just can't see Bully or Manhunt coming out in this day and age without huge backlash and tbh, even GTAVI to an extent if it keeps the same tone and parodies a lot of culture's current tropes like it usually does. 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I shot down your claim that CD Projekt Red is better? I said 'no shit they are better' :biggrin: 

But they aren't a major dev/publisher that have a range of IPs and multi years releases which was my comparison in the first place you dumb fuck.

Secondly, cause you are so stupid you can't even make your own argument right. Bioware didn't just release one game this gen, moron. They released 3 (dragon Age - cross gen, Mass Effect Andromeda, Anthem), so you can't even fucking count to 1 properly. Not to mention thanks for bringing Bioware and they gigantic flops into this. Perfect argument for why Ubisoft destroys EA. EA even killed Bioware, a dev team that was seen as one of the best :drake:

So you can't even make the comparison right to begin with (by comparing Bioware to Ubisoft) then counting to 1 is too much of a task for you also :sabu:

Moron that thinks that someone saying they prefer a genre over another means they are saying that every dev that doesn't make that genre isn't good. 

Getting triggered in an unpopular opinion thread :mj: 

Bro, I don't care if you like Ubisoft or not.

I just had to own you when you said that linear games are better than openworld, and they say Ubisoft is the best third party developer.

You could have said one of the best (even though you would still be wrong). You could have just named a developer known for making good linear games, like FromSoftware. 

Holy shit, I just forgot about the Division, another openworld turd from Ubisoft.

lmfao Ubisoft being best developer this gen.

Definitely one of the most active, but best?

Nigga gtfo.

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So much of Rockstar's catalogue right now seems sort of locked away because of it's material and the political climate.

I just can't see Bully or Manhunt coming out in this day and age without huge backlash and tbh, even GTAVI to an extent if it keeps the same tone and parodies a lot of culture's current tropes like it usually does. 

GTAV also had that torture scene.

Nope.

Wouldn't fly nowadays.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

Bro, I don't care if you like Ubisoft or not.

I just had to own you when you said that linear games are better than openworld, and they say Ubisoft is the best third party developer.

You could have said one of the best (even though you would still be wrong). You could have just named a developer known for making good linear games, like FromSoftware. 

Holy shit, I just forgot about the Division, another openworld turd from Ubisoft.

lmfao Ubisoft being best developer this gen.

Definitely one of the most active, but best?

Nigga gtfo.

You had to own me..........and ended up looking like a retard. 

The fact you still think those statements are contradictory says enough really. 

and you are continually changing what I said. Now you've evolved to me saying they are the best overall developer this gen? lol again, learn to read.

For the 100th time, I said they are the best major 3rd party developer/publisher, that basically includes them, EA, Activsion and Bethesda. No one else is a major publisher/developer with a range of IPs and multiple releases yearly outside the first parties. If you disagree, good for you, it's a fucking unpopular opinion thread. That's why I posted it. :snoop:

Legit for the last time. A person can say (for eg) they prefer sports games over narrative games. Then at the same time also say that Sony Santa Monica is a better developer than EA Vancouver. It's not contradictory. Someone saying they prefer a type of game over another isn't a blanket statement that covers every dev that makes that type of game and every dev that doesn't. It's not hard to understand. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

You had to own me..........and ended up looking like a retard. 

The fact you still think those statements are contradictory says enough really. 

and you are continually changing what I said. Now you've evolved to me saying they are the best overall developer this gen? lol again, learn to read.

For the 100th time, I said they are the best major 3rd party developer/publisher, that basically includes them, EA, Activsion and Bethesda. No one else is a major publisher/developer with a range of IPs and multiple releases yearly outside the first parties. If you disagree, good for you, it's a fucking unpopular opinion thread. That's why I posted it. :snoop:

Legit for the last time. A person can say (for eg) they prefer sports games over narrative games. Then at the same time also say that Sony Santa Monica is a better developer than EA Vancouver. It's not contradictory. Someone saying they prefer a type of game over another isn't a blanket statement that covers every dev that makes that type of game and every dev that doesn't. It's not hard to understand. 

Nigga you said Ubisoft was the best third party developer from this gen.

Damn at least read what you say, lmfao :kaz:

26 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That’s why PS2 Rockstar was the best. They gave no shits. 

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

Nigga you said Ubisoft was the best third party developer from this gen.

Damn at least read what you say, lmfao :kaz:

- Ubisoft is a top tier developer and publisher and the best of the major 3rd parties. They are more consistent in quality, support their games more than anyone (whether it launches successfully or not) and have an incredible range of IPs.

Developer/Publisher. Best of the major 3rd parties.........that are developers and publishers, hence the words right before in the same sentence plus then sentence after explaining how they excel as both a developer AND publisher.

You clearly didn't understand what that means considering you brought up Bioware. 

They aren't even close to being the best 3rd party developer. They are the best from the developing and publishing corporations like EA, Activision, Bethesda though. Again, feel free to disagree on that but at least understand the comparison I'm making

No other game will ever top the amazing design, brilliance, and addicting nature of Tetris. It’s the only game that I would call perfect. 

Edited by Ike

This one is more a prediction but anyways:

-Subscription services will have had a net negative on the industry when all is said and done (meaning when we look back in maybe 10 years time). The start of the downturn will be if eventual revenue is given out per time spent on a game (sort of like how Spotify pays per play).

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

- Ubisoft is a top tier developer and publisher and the best of the major 3rd parties. They are more consistent in quality, support their games more than anyone (whether it launches successfully or not) and have an incredible range of IPs.

Developer/Publisher. Best of the major 3rd parties.........that are developers and publishers, hence the words right before in the same sentence plus then sentence after explaining how they excel as both a developer AND publisher.

You clearly didn't understand what that means considering you brought up Bioware. 

They aren't even close to being the best 3rd party developer. They are the best from the developing and publishing corporations like EA, Activision, Bethesda though. Again, feel free to disagree on that but at least understand the comparison I'm making

I brought up Bioware because you were under the assumption that a developer could not be one of the best if they had only one or two games each gen.

That's why I brought them, because quantity should not be a requirement in order to rule best developers from the gen.

We are not in the automotive industry in which in order to be allowed to do something, you have to make x amount of the same product.

I am confused as to what are you referring to the bolded part.

Bioware? 

Well duh, but it is cyclical and like I said before, everything is something according to context, and that is the only way to be measurable.

I can say Bioware was one of the best developers, but If I say this gen, you would be right to shit on me.

However If I had say last generation, then I could have a point.

Like I said before, I had to point out your contradiction.

However I still disagree about Ubisoft being the best of the major 3rd parties developers.

To me, Ubisoft was a developer that made everything under the same system of gameplay principles, that is have a huge openworld blocked by towers or exploration. Then each section had an x amount of sub-objectives.