It appears that Microsoft may have indeed bought Sega

14 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Not really, Microsoft is a vibrant and thriving company, they've got a perfect business model for Sega and can inject an insane amount of money into their productions. 

Sega was already bought out by Sammy Holdings they're doing ok. 

The best thing you will get is a partnership with Sega for Japan, where Xbox would be rebranded as a Sega console.  

MS finally gets their foot in the door in Japanese market in a real way and Sega gets to "return" to the console race albeit only in Japan. 

But the pipe dream of them being bought out by MS is just that... a pipe dream. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Nishikawa-san said the news will "rile up the games industry" and that it's an exclusive scoop about a "game company that everyone loves"."   Definitely has nothing to do with Xbox then 

I love the way Aza tries to rationalize his predictions too     He said PS5's controller would split, but I'm wondering if he's come to his Dual Senses?  

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1287702/SEGA-announcement-teased-rile-up-games-industry   It's happening. Cows prepare your anuses   What better way for MS to break

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The best thing you will get is a partnership with Sega for Japan, where Xbox would be rebranded as a Sega console.  

MS finally gets their foot in the door in Japanese market in a real way and Sega gets to "return" to the console race albeit only in Japan. 

If that's the case I am totally ordering a Series X from Japan with the Sega branding. That would be awesome.

52 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It would still sell like shit in Japan. Japan has been Nintendo land for the last decade or so.  Even PS is struggling to compete in Japan. Rebranding Xbox as a Sega console won’t do much when they have the same games as PlayStation. Unless Sega starts developing exclusive Japan centric titles for it, I can‘t see it making a difference.

7 minutes ago, Pureis said:

It would still sell like shit in Japan. Japan has been Nintendo land for the last decade or so.  Even PS is struggling to compete in Japan. Rebranding Xbox as a Sega console won’t do much when they have the same games as PlayStation. Unless Sega starts developing exclusive Japan centric titles for it, I can‘t see it making a difference.

I mean it wouldn't set the world on fire but it would do much better than what Xbox is doing now in Japan :shrug:

5 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Those two guys making predictions :lawl:

I love the way Aza tries to rationalize his predictions too :D 

He said PS5's controller would split, but I'm wondering if he's come to his Dual Senses? :hest: 

• dead 1

A SEGA branded Xbox in Japan............would be stupid.

Do people think that the Japanese are that stupid?

At best, maybe they could do a partnership with SEGA to fund some second-party games.

After the failure of Shenmue 3, get ready for Shenmue 4!!!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Vini said:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1287702/SEGA-announcement-teased-rile-up-games-industry

It's happening. Cows prepare your anuses

What better way for MS to break into the Japanese market than with a SEGA banner

"Nishikawa-san said the news will "rile up the games industry" and that it's an exclusive scoop about a "game company that everyone loves"."

Definitely has nothing to do with Xbox then :danylol:

• Geese 1
  • Ben 1
  • dead 1
3 hours ago, Vini said:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1287702/SEGA-announcement-teased-rile-up-games-industry

It's happening. Cows prepare your anuses

What better way for MS to break into the Japanese market than with a SEGA banner

MS purchasing Sega is not revolutionary... lemming fantasies :drake:

Edited by Goukosan