Shots fired , TCHBR

Not only should gamers be able to play all of these games from the past, but they should play better than ever before. Backwards compatible games run natively on the Xbox Series X hardware, running with the full power of the CPU, GPU and the SSD. No boost mode, no downclocking, the full power of the Xbox Series X for each and every backward compatible game. This means that all titles run at the peak performance that they were originally designed for, many times even higher performance than the games saw on their original launch platform, resulting in higher and more steady framerates and rendering at their maximum resolution and visual quality. Backwards compatible titles also see significant reductions in in-game load times from the massive leap in performance from our custom NVME SSD which powers the Xbox Velocity Architecture. As I play through my personal backlog as part of our internal testing, all of the incredible games from Xbox One and earlier play best on Xbox Series X.
Beginning with Xbox One X, the compatibility team developed brand new innovations that could be applied to a hand curated list of titles to enhance them even further than what was possible when they were first created. Techniques such as the Heutchy method, which enables titles to render with increased resolutions up to 4K, or applying anisotropic filtering to improve the final image quality bring these classic games up to modern standards, better than ever before.
The team was not content to just rely on the increased hardware performance to improve your playing experience. The team developed new platform level capabilities to ensure all of your games continue to get even better. In partnership with the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, Xbox Series X delivers a new, innovative HDR reconstruction technique which enables the platform to automatically add HDR support to games. As this technique is handled by the platform itself, it allows us to enable HDR with zero impact to the game’s performance and we can also apply it to Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles developed almost 20 years ago, well before the existence of HDR.
With all of the additional power and advancements of the Xbox Series X, the compatibility team now has a veritable playground of new capabilities to innovate and push the limits of game preservation and enhancement. The compatibility team has invented brand new techniques that enable even more titles to run at higher resolutions and image quality while still respecting the artistic intent and vision of the original creators. We are also creating whole new classes of innovations including the ability to double the frame rate of a select set of titles from 30 fps to 60 fps or 60 fps to 120 fps.
The team also continues to listen to feedback from the community on additional titles you would like to see added to the compatibility program. Resurrecting titles from history often presents a complex mix of technical and licensing challenges, but the team is committed to doing everything we can to continue to preserve our collective gaming legacy.
10 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

PS5 $549

XSX $699

XSS $549

This is still wholly inaccurate. In normal times those prices would be too much, but you guys are forgetting the fact that these consoles are releasing right at the end of a major pandemic that screwed over a lot of people financially. Thats going to have an effect on the MSRP regardless of how beefy the hardware components are.

-jonB in 2013: nobody cares about graphics except hermits, we care about games

-xbox losing all exclusive games

-jonB now: we have more pixels than sony. who cares about games 

you are a hypocrite jonB and don't try to spin it. you said these things a few years ago, you even preached them. From games to graphics. The downfall of a console. :kaz:  

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

$399.99 deathblow 

PS5 :bow:  I know you would come to your senses sometime. dyno is a cow now :kaz: 

So...............Microsoft is already talking about playing old games on the new console?

They're telling you something, there.

Get ready to pop in Ninja Gaiden Black for the 8th time, because you're going to have new game droughts.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So...............Microsoft is already talking about playing old games on the new console?

They're telling you something, there.

Get ready to pop in Ninja Gaiden Black for the 8th time, because you're going to have new game droughts.

Jehu is a cool name. It reminds me of the orbital frame Jehuty from zone of the enders. 

Jehuty is the "orbital frame" (more or less a giant flying mech ...

2 minutes ago, kazuolicious said:

Jehu is a cool name. It reminds me of the orbital frame Jehuty from zone of the enders. 

Jehuty is the "orbital frame" (more or less a giant flying mech ...

I think that's what Liquid originally thought I was going for with my screenname. I don't know anime shit.

and then everybody just lazily called me jerry.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I think that's what Liquid originally thought I was going for with my screenname. I don't know anime shit.

and then everybody just lazily called me jerry.

:ben:  it's funny that you say that because kojima is a super big nerd and otacon was his first "anime" let out. That character loved his mechas, it was only natural for him to follow through and create his version of Mechs.

It's definitely anime inspired but this is a game series by hideo kojima, asshole. :ben:  :bow: 

7 minutes ago, kazuolicious said:

:ben:  it's funny that you say that because kojima is a super big nerd and otacon was his first "anime" let out. That character loved his mechas, it was only natural for him to follow through and create his version of Mechs.

It's definitely anime inspired but this is a game series by hideo kojima, asshole. :ben:  :bow: 

kojima-shit is 100% anime-shit. There is literally no difference...........besides the fact that the anime shit is almost certainly better-directed and edited.

• Ben 1
1 hour ago, kazuolicious said:

PS5 :bow:  I know you would come to your senses sometime. dyno is a cow now :kaz: 

We don’t him, he’s defective. I’d keep the receipt and take him back. He keeps saying retarded things. 

:ben: