Titanic

Independence Day

Home Alone

Golden Eye

Men In Black

Sixth Sense

Twister

Total Recall

That's the proper listing to what was the hottest movie at the time that it came out. Titanic was a huge movie, but at first people thought it was going to be an overbloated flop of a movie. but they ended up proving everybody wrong by it having long legs at the theater. And it made alot of money because it was a movie that was also meant for women. So alot of repeat viewing.

Pretty impressive, considering it came out at the end of the year, instead of during the Summer.

To tell you the truth, quite possibly the two best movie watching experiences out of those movies, was Terminator 2 and Twister. Twister utilized the THX speakers, very well.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's the proper listing to what was the hottest movie at the time that it came out. Titanic was a huge movie, but at first people thought it was going to be an overbloated flop of a movie. but they ended up proving everybody wrong by it having long legs at the theater. And it made alot of money because it was a movie that was also meant for women. So alot of repeat viewing.

Pretty impressive, considering it came out at the end of the year, instead of during the Summer.

i never understood the "women movie" argument about titanic. I love this movie i've seen it a couple times. I remember one of my former roommates gf's mocked me and made fun of me (in a serious way) for liking the movie. maybe i'm just a faggot :mjcry: 

movie has some brutal scenes and i always loved the overflowing water scenes inside the ship and people drowning. it's horrible. and i like leo. i always felt titanic and gangs of new york are connected :| 

Edited by kazuolicious
28 minutes ago, kazuolicious said:

i never understood the "women movie" argument about titanic. I love this movie i've seen it a couple times. I remember one of my former roommates gf's mocked me and made fun of me (in a serious way) for liking the movie. maybe i'm just a faggot :mjcry: 

movie has some brutal scenes and i always loved the overflowing water scenes inside the ship and people drowning. it's horrible. and i like leo. i always felt titanic and gangs of new york are connected :| 

James Cameron perfected the 50/50 men-women movie during the mid-90's

True Lies is a perfect date movie for both men and women. And Titanic also has things for everybody.

James Cameron wanted the absolute peak amount of appeal for his movies. He got really rich with True Lies and Titanic. He gave up his director's fees in exchange for backend gross percentage of the film. It is estimated that he got anywhere between $50-$100 million for Titanic in 1998.

Its in his interest to make a movie that appeals to men and women, almost evenly.

11 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Fuck man I saw that movie at a drive in as a kid and loved it

I dont remember this movie. I think I saw a movie with a tornado that owned but I'm not sure if it's that one. I mean it probably is like 99% but im not sure. :ben: