was thinking of replaying Ocarina of Time through emulators

Just now, SheepKilla said:

I'm saying I can't free-move the camera with the right stick. I'm pretty sure this was allowed in N64 games, unless I'm misremembering. 

Also, this game fucking owns. These classics of the past are like a fine wine. :mjpls:

lol no.. the N64 didn't even have a right stick :D  The c-buttons were used for items and first person view.  The Z button could be used to turn the camera in the direction link was facing.

There was never free camera movement in OoT.

And yea, one of the best of all time :glad: 

@bhytre So my 3rd party switch controller was working fine, though clunky. Had a stick drift issue moving the character. Fine. I hook up my pro controller.

Now the d-pad doesn't work. at all. and is not recognized by Project64. So now I spend like hours tinkering with it, downloading all this random shit, and looking up all these tutorials and installing bespoke firmware just to try to play a fucking 25 year old game. :mindblown:

Blackboard inscribed with scientific formulas and calculations in ...

15 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Any controllers off Amazon you had experience with & you would recommend for roms in general? 

It's clear Switch controllers aren't designed for PC at all. 

8bitdo have good controllers.  The SNES ones with analog sticks are great for emulators or any games with a lot of d-pad input.  There's tons of good controllers out there, and at this point I have a controller for basically every system to emulate out there.  Once you start getting to Gamecube/Wii/WiiU/Switch emulation, it's easy in that you can just use the actual controllers.

Xbox One or 360 controllers also work great because most emulators have built in Xinput support so you just map it and you're done.

Been playing this for hours. Just got the Firestone on Death Mountain. When I played this, I got up to the Water Temple and quit. Now I plan to finish everything. What a magical game. 

OOT is fucking FUN :love: has that perfect N64 vibe.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

bro....i just had a realization...

When I play this game, it's like I'm Link in the Temple of Time, fast forwarding time. I'm taken back to my childhood. 

:wow: best game EVER.  

Yea, it's awesome.  I feel that way a lot when I play Nintendo games on my PC.  The best part about it is not needing the console, and of course Nintendo not being able to do anything about it :juggle: 

If you're eventually planning on playing Majora's Mask as well, theres a guy that's completely retexturing the game and doing a lot of incredible work touching things up.

He's pretty much done, just a bit of stuff left over to do and it will be complete, and easily the best way to play that game.

Emulation :love: 

16 hours ago, Remij_ said:

If you're eventually planning on playing Majora's Mask as well, theres a guy that's completely retexturing the game and doing a lot of incredible work touching things up.

He's pretty much done, just a bit of stuff left over to do and it will be complete, and easily the best way to play that game.

Emulation :love: 

I actually don't care much for graphics. I prefer the old N64 ones. :happysad: 

Do you think Perfect Dark is still worth playing? I never played that nor Golden Eye when I had an N64.