Nintendo really needs to do something about the amount of shovelware on eshop

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont waste your breath, its not as if HolyAx actually play games. I doubt he spent more than 30 mins on both stores combined.    Dude is %100 phony, typical SW Sheep trash.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

eShop is legitimately full of shovelware and has the worst tools for sorting through it all.  PSN may have a lot of shitty games as well, but not nearly the same amount as Switch.  You can even look at the amount of Switch games released in a year VS PS games released in a year.  Switch misses out on most of the good multiplat titles, and gets way more indie/shovelware junk. 

eShop sucks dude, get over it :D 

Yes, PSN has better filtering tools.  So its easier not to see all. the trash that releases there too. 

As far as looking at the number of Switch games released vs the number of PS4 games released and assuming that the higher number is simply more shovelware...... 

Switch 

Though only two Switch games scored 90 or higher, a total of 193 positively reviewed games were released for Nintendo's console in its third year on the market—a higher total than for any other platform in 2019.

This puts a huge hole in that theory :shrug:

Edited by Goukosan
11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes, PSN has better filtering tools.  So its easier not to see all. the trash that releases there too. 

As far as looking at the number of Switch games released vs the number of PS4 games released and assuming that the higher number is simply more shovelware...... 

Switch 

Though only two Switch games scored 90 or higher, a total of 193 positively reviewed games were released for Nintendo's console in its third year on the market—a higher total than for any other platform in 2019.

This puts a huge hole in that theory :shrug:

It is more shovelware though.

And as you agreed, PSN has better filtering tools.  When people say the eShop sucks... it's not because there's a lot of shitty games... it's because you have to sift through that shit to find the good ones.

So if "doing something about the shovelware" means that you don't need to see it.... then yes... as this thread suggests, Nintendo needs to do something about the amount of shovelware on the eShop. :shrug: 

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It is more shovelware though.

And as you agreed, PSN has better filtering tools.  When people say the eShop sucks... it's not because there's a lot of shitty games... it's because you have to sift through that shit to find the good ones.

So if "doing something about the shovelware" means that you don't need to see it.... then yes... as this thread suggests, Nintendo needs to do something about the amount of shovelware on the eShop. :shrug: 

The perception of amount of shovelware factors into it too... just look at this thread with the assumptions that Eshop having tons of shovelware is exclusive to Switch...... you yourself just assumed that Switch has more shovelware. 

Switch's method for Eshop is a double edged sword.  On one hand the general releases page gives equal billing to every single game... So developers of indie games generally see higher sales because their game isn't buried and lost amongst the bigger traditional games. 

On this flip side, this also means that the trash games also get equal billing on the general release page.. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

The perception of amount of shovelware factors into it too... just look at this thread with the assumptions that Eshop having tons of shovelware is exclusive to Switch...... you yourself just assumed that Switch has more shovelware. 

Switch's method for Eshop is a double edged sword.  On one hand the general releases page gives equal billing to every single game... So developers of indie games generally see higher sales because their game isn't buried and lost amongst the bigger traditional games. 

On this flip side, this also means that the trash games also get equal billing on the general release page.. 

Well this thread is about the Nintendo Switch.  People can say "the Switch has tons of shovelware garbage" and your first instinct is to talk about the amount of shovelware on every other system... despite knowing full well that Switch gives you the least amount of options and the worst UI to sort through it all.

Why can't you just talk about Switch having an issue without making it about everyone else?

And dude... you and I BOTH know god damn well that out of the consoles, Switch gets the most shovelware on the eShop.  Nintendo has a LOT of work to do on the UI and backend to help people sort through that stuff if they are going to allow all of it on there.  Yes, you get tons of gems too from that fact... it's the exact same thing as Steam.  Steam is a literal SHITHOLE for the amount of garbage on there, but Steam is constantly introducing, and has some of the best tools ever for sorting through it, so in that regard, it's better, and seems to actually be getting better with new tools they are introducing.  That doesn't mean the issue doesn't still exist on Steam though.

Switch and PC(Steam) are very similar in amount of good games they get in a year, and it's because they allow whatever on there.

Like I said, and I'd hope you'd agree with this.  The eShop wasn't built for, and wasn't meant for, the amount of releases the Switch gets right now, and a lot of the junk that's on there.  I don't believe for one second that Nintendo anticipated indie developers flocking over in the numbers they did... just like I don't think for a second that developers expected their games to do so well comparatively on Switch than what they did on Steam.  That's because in the beginning eShop wasn't so full of games, so devs had more exposure, and Switch fans ate a lot of those good games up.  As the store started filling up, we don't hear quite as much about all these games doing amazing numbers anymore... just like Steam.

So for next gen, I hope Nintendo works on that aspect, and improves their tools. 

26 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Well this thread is about the Nintendo Switch.  People can say "the Switch has tons of shovelware garbage" and your first instinct is to talk about the amount of shovelware on every other system... despite knowing full well that Switch gives you the least amount of options and the worst UI to sort through it all.

Why can't you just talk about Switch having an issue without making it about everyone else?

16 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, it's a mess.  It's actually worse than Steam

Remij your lack of self awareness sometimes is hilarious.  

Not even 9 posts into the thread  and you were the first one to start the comparisons :drake:

But when I came in the thread and pointed out how Switch actually had more good games released on it compared to outer systems and that shovelware is flooded on every system for context.... you're saying me why I can't talk about Switch alone? lol

Mater of fact by the time I posted the conversation had already brought up that other systems also have a ton of shovelware..... I just joined the conversation that was already going on. 

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Remij your lack of self awareness sometimes is hilarious.  

Not even 9 posts into the thread  and you were the first one to start the comparisons :drake:

But when I came in the thread and pointed out how Switch actually had more good games released on it compared to outer systems and that shovelware is flooded on every system for context.... you're saying me why I can't talk about Switch alone? lol

Mater of fact by the time I posted the conversation had already brought up that other systems also have a ton of shovelware..... I just joined the conversation that was already going on. 

I wasn't comparing them to other consoles.  I was comparing it to Steam because as I JUST reiterated in the last post I made to you... Steam and eShop are alike in the amount of shit they get.

I still VERY MUCH talked about the eShop in my first post.  Yours was all damage control.. "well the others are like that too :cries: "  BIIIIG difference.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I wasn't comparing them to other consoles.  I was comparing it to Steam because as I JUST reiterated in the last post I made to you... Steam and eShop are alike in the amount of shit they get.

I still VERY MUCH talked about the eShop in my first post.  Yours was all damage control.. "well the others are like that too :cries: "  BIIIIG difference.

Remij - "Why can't you just talk about Switch having an issue without making it about everyone else?

Steam is included with everyone else Mr Semitic Warrior.... save that shit for your 20 page back and forth love fests with Jehurey... not getting into that silly back and forth with  with you about semantics :mjpls:

The amount of release is fine as pointed out by metric it lead to much more good games on Switch last year. 

I also pointed out the real issue with the eShop (giving all games equal billing on the main releases page) this puts shovelware front and center.    

Giving a full picture with the positives and negatives isn't damage control.... that's called giving a fair assessment :shrug:

8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Remij - "Why can't you just talk about Switch having an issue without making it about everyone else?

Steam is included with everyone else Mr Semitic Warrior.... save that shit for your 20 page back and forth love fests with Jehurey... not getting into that silly back and forth with  with you about semantics :mjpls:

The amount of release is fine as pointed out by metric it lead to much more good games on Switch last year. 

I also pointed out the real issue with the eShop (giving all games equal billing on the main releases page) this puts shovelware front and center.    

Giving a full picture with the positives and negatives isn't damage control.... that's called giving a fair assessment :shrug:

I wasn't damage controlling with Steam.... I brought it up as an example because it's accused of the same shit.... my god.. how can you not tell the fucking difference?

You're damage controlling eShops issues by saying everyone else has the same issues... but they don't.  eShop gets more garbage, and worse tools to sift through it.  You don't want to talk about that... you want to talk about how everyone else has the same issues instead.

My comments about Steam even negate your damage control for Switch about the amount of "good games"... Steam has essentially the same numbers... and allows the same amount of shit.  That issue remains that eShop sucks as an interface and doesn't have the tools Steam does to help with it's problems.

Nintendo REALLY needs to do something... as this thread suggests.  Now let's talk about what it has to do...

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I wasn't damage controlling with Steam.... I brought it up as an example because it's accused of the same shit.... my god.. how can you not tell the fucking difference?

You're damage controlling eShops issues by saying everyone else has the same issues... but they don't.  eShop gets more garbage, and worse tools to sift through it.  You don't want to talk about that... you want to talk about how everyone else has the same issues instead.

My comments about Steam even negate your damage control for Switch about the amount of "good games"... Steam has essentially the same numbers... and allows the same amount of shit.

Nintendo REALLY needs to do something... as this thread suggests.  Now let's talk about what it has to do...

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking.  

I never said everyone had the same issues, I said everyone has alot of shovelware but Switch Eshop has an issue with how this amount of shovelware is presented... the others do not have this issue of how this shovelware is presented.   How do you perceive that as damage control? :mj:

I already presented my discussion points on how it's a double edged sword by going that route... you get more sales for the indie games (which Switch still gets compared to PS4 and Xbox1) ... but on the flip side you get the perception of too much shovelware. 

A full assessment of the negatives and positives of the situation is not damage control. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking.  

I never said everyone had the same issues, I said everyone has alot of shovelware but Switch Eshop has an issue with how this amount of shovelware is presented... the others do not have this issue of how this shovelware is presented.   How do you perceive that as damage control? :mj:

I already presented my discussion points on how it's a double edged sword by going that route... you get more sales for the indie games (which Switch still gets compared to PS4 and Xbox1) ... but on the flip side you get the perception of too much shovelware. 

A full assessment of the negatives and positives of the situation is not damage control. 

literally your first post

14 hours ago, Goukosan said:

This. 

All the online stores also have tons of trash.  Those thrash games you see in Switch Eshop aren't exclusive to switch, they're on most platforms as well. 

You're damage controlling.  Your post wasn't "eShop does have issues" it was "other stores have this issue too" then lmao... you started posting about how many good games Switch has vs the others.... not even talking about the issue of eShop being hard to sort through...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

literally your first post

You're damage controlling.  Your post wasn't "eShop does have issues" it was "other stores have this issue too" then lmao... you started posting about how many good games Switch has vs the others.... not even talking about the issue of eShop being hard to sort through...

16 hours ago, Ramza said:

Theres garbage everywhere, on any stores. Just dont buy them. Cant act like a goddamn elitist nazi and refuse software to come to your platform just because its not up to your standards.

That's me quoting Ramza you dolt :mj:

To be fair though, Nintendo does need a constant flow of games coming to their platform. Whether that be trash or not (though its mostly trash)... Nintendo gets the least amount of third party support. If Switch wasn't getting pity ports and a shit ton of mobile trash releasing on it on a weekly basis the system wouldn't have shit for games.

Edited by lynux3
Just now, Goukosan said:

That's me quoting Ramza you dolt :mj:

What THE FUCK does that have to do with anything?  You're literally repeating his point.  I love that you think your damage control is that "Ramza is doing it too!" lmao.. :tom: 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Bbbut Gouko why are you ignoring the negatives by actually pointing it out? :awww:

@Remij_  :mj:

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, lynux3 said:

To be fair though, Nintendo does need a constant flow of games coming to their platform. When that be trash or not (though its mostly trash)... Nintendo gets the least amount of third party support. If Switch wasn't getting pity ports and a shit ton of mobile trash releasing on it on a weekly basis the system wouldn't have shit for games.

That's exactly why they do allow it.  But they get far more shit than PS and Xbox.  Mobile trash translates very well to Switch.. touchscreen and all.

17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Bbbut Gouko why are you ignoring the negatives by actually pointing it out? :awww:

bubut others get the same trash games that Switch does :cry: 

lmao NO they don't.  Steam does... not PS and Xbox.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Leaves out the first sentence where he's actually dismissing the perception from people that Switch has more garbage than other stores and that it's just assumptions.... LMAO

You telling us what we already know and have said isn't "pointing anything out"....

Your FIRST point of entering this thread was to establish that other stores has the same issues. (and they don't... not nearly on the same scale as Switch)  If Ramza didn't say it first, YOU would have... and you did... by quoting him.  Then you tried boasting about the amount of GOOD GAMES on Switch vs the other consoles.. as a way to Damage control eShops "issues" as not really an issue.. because you're getting "moar bettur gamez :woo:"   

Only after I've already talked about Switches tools to sort through it, you say that Switch's method has an upside and that there's a downside to it.... again, trying to negate the fact that the eShop itself sucks to use.

Of course you still aren't admitting that Switch gets MORE garbage than the others... which is an issue that exacerbates the issue of eShop's usability issues.  You claim it's a misconception. 

It's not.

Edited by Remij_