#GameDevPaidMe on twitter is interesting

https://twitter.com/hashtag/GameDevPaidMe?src=hashtag_click

basically people in the industry posting their wages and salaries throughout the years. Kinda interesting how much they can fluctuate depending on the company and position.

The Riot figures stick out more than anything else. Designers and programmers clearing well over $100K,  god damn...

I should work as QA for game companies. Just give all the games early, then i sit at home play through every shit, give my review and advice and make gaming better for everyone. :comicbookguy:

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Wow most don’t make shit lol, who woulda thought. 

even those that make good money, the hours are beyond terrible. We've all  read/heard the reports of various game developers (Rockstar during GTA V's leadup to launch) on how many hours they'll hours (80+) so even if you are fortunate enough to make 6 figures, it's exhausting.

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

even those that make good money, the hours are beyond terrible. We've all  read/heard the reports of various game developers (Rockstar during GTA V's leadup to launch) on how many hours they'll hours (80+) so even if you are fortunate enough to make 6 figures, it's exhausting.

80 hour weeks & 100k is basically 50k and a shit ton of OT. That’s awful either way you look at it. 

the vast majority of game devs are overpaid, they don't deserve shit for the most part, sit on their fatasses eating scones and making propaganda fantasy-shit for lesbian deadbeats, SJWs, and do-nothings, i.e the last of us 2.

I'd rather a see brick-layer, a plumber, a landscaper, or a teacher make  double a game dev, they deserve to be paid infinitely more.

The only reason these people are paid 90,000 a year to code garbage is because society is full of sponges who like to sit in front of the TV

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

the vast majority of game devs are overpaid, they don't deserve shit for the most part, sit on their fatasses eating scones and making propaganda fantasy-shit for lesbian deadbeats, SJWs, and do-nothings, i.e the last of us 2.

I'd rather a see brick-layer, a plumber, a landscaper, or a teacher make  double a game dev, they deserve to be paid infinitely more.

The only reason these people are paid 90,000 a year to code garbage is because society is full of sponges who like to sit in front of the TV

How upset would you be if Neil Druckmann posted his salary? :troll: Guy is easily making $200K+ at this point.

People are surprised that workers in a $120 billion industry are getting paid well? :|

If you look at similar industries like movies productions, Id say they are actually being underpaid, generally speaking.

2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

As exhausting as construction workers or cooks working the same hours for less with no bonuses or benefits? lol

I dunno but working overtime in an environment where I can get free food, can relax anytime I want in a game room where I can play billiard or video games with co workers to unwind and sit on my ass all day in front of a computer doesnt sound that bad to me, especially with a 6 figures salary.

Its not like they work that much hours all the time anyway, it only happens late into development.

15 minutes ago, Ramza said:

People are surprised that workers in a $120 billion industry are getting paid well? :|

If you look at similar industries like movies productions, Id say they are actually being underpaid, generally speaking.

I was mainly referring to Riot. Theres actually a pretty big pay disparity, if you look at the numbers you'll see that people in the same positions at other companies are making significantly less.

But of course it depends on the location too. Most studios are based in expensive cities, so while $100K seems like a lot on paper it really isn't when you consider how much higher living expenses are.

15 minutes ago, Ramza said:

As exhausting as construction workers or cooks working the same hours for less with no bonuses or benefits? lol

I dunno but working overtime in an environment where I can get free food, can relax anytime I want in a game room where I can play billiard or video games with co workers to unwind and sit on my ass all day in front of a computer doesnt sound that bad to me, especially with a 6 figures salary.

Its not like they work that much hours all the time anyway, it only happens late into development.

I work for a friend part time writing code.  It's mentally exhausting 

39 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Just because you’re in front of a computer doesn’t mean it’s not that bad. I’ve done code sprints where I didn’t sleep for three days to meet deadlines. It’s not only mentally exhausting but physically traumatizing. 

1 hour ago, nitric said:

Just because you’re in front of a computer doesn’t mean it’s not that bad. I’ve done code sprints where I didn’t sleep for three days to meet deadlines. It’s not only mentally exhausting but physically traumatizing. 

Yeah maybe, not like I ever worked anything but blue collar jobs. I guess I tend to see these type of jobs as easy from a physical point of view but taking a hit mentally is just as bad.

7 hours ago, nitric said:

That's absolutely nothing compared to a construction worker.

Shut the fuck up. 

8 hours ago, nitric said:

Dat sedentary life. It is mentally debilitating. There's been many cross eyed days.