Can someone explain to me the appeal of Joe Rogan?

28 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

he makes bald guys feel better about themselves, and takes a non-stance on liberal/conservative issues, and of course he's an MMA faggot and all these millennials like to think they can do brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

I'd blastt his ass with my .45 so fast. :rofl: 

Shut the fuck up faggot :drake:

He has great guests but he sucks as an interviewer. He’s always high as fuck and talks about DMT or other drugs.

That or constantly telling “Jamie”  to pull up some article or picture on the internet he wants to show his guest

I mean, I watched him ever since he appeared on News Radio back in the late 90's, and he seemed like a regular actor. I didn't even know he was a stand-up comic, but back then stand-up comics almost always got gigs on sitcoms as side characters (Dave Chappelle and Jim Bruer were going to get a spin-off show from Home Improvement after an episode they were in, it was tacky as fuck).

And then Joe Rogan was on Fear Factor, and the show felt like rock-bottom garbage tv, but he kind of came off looking cool because he would egg on the contestants to do gross things, and at certain times he would participate as well. This is where he started to look like a buff bodybuilder.

And then in the mid 2000's, he is almost single-handedly responsible for ruining Carlos Mencia career, because he outed him as a joke stealer and the video went viral. So now he had this huge cred amongst stand-up comedy fans as this hero. And then he's an open advocate for all things weed, and UFO's, if you ever went to his website during the 2000's, so he absolutely captured all teenagers and early 20-somethings. And then he became associated with the UFC.

Like Rogan has some good timing with being associated with things  at the right time when they get popular. He represents stoners, he represents "pure" stand-up comedy (even though he's really fucking average), and he represents MMA bald heads who try to compensate at the gym. He's like a trailer park resident's idea of a renaissance man.

• Like 1

It's no so much Rogan himself but the new long form discussion format he does. It's so much better than stupid pundit soundbytes on the news. 

50 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

It's no so much Rogan himself but the new long form discussion format he does. It's so much better than stupid pundit soundbytes on the news. 

I bet you think it's "charming" and "unique" how he puts up a black mic to guests and sometimes has them wear the headphones.  

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

I bet you think it's "charming" and "unique" how he puts up a black mic to guests and sometimes has them wear the headphones.  

Sure