Got made redundant today

33 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Fuckin COVID man

All our accounts have downscaled, no new wins and now Aus is in recession. The business i was working for isnt going to see any growth for 12 months

Sucks man nothing you could do about it, but who knows maybe something better will come out of it eventually keep moving forward :FlyingSmiley:

you're probably better off than me, you can atleast get E.I on a decent salary, i was scheduled to go to Japan and the plague put a complete halt to it, i was also temporarily working at a university that refuses to open until january 2021, forcing a whole semester of 20,000 students onto e-classes i probably can't teach.

luckily though my friend got me a job lifting boxes for $15 an hour at a warehouse down the street from my house.

hooray.

i also didn't even qualify for E.I because i didn't work enough hours for the period necessary. :rofl: I was taking some time off to prepare for a MOVE, to ASIA!

Fucking rotten world.

2 hours ago, Voidler said:

Fuckin COVID man

All our accounts have downscaled, no new wins and now Aus is in recession. The business i was working for isnt going to see any growth for 12 months

Fuck China 

3 hours ago, Voidler said:

Fuckin COVID man

Considering it all, I lucked out pretty hard.

Company retained me, but then cut my hours. But not maliciously, it was because they wanted me to get benefits. So I was working less, and getting paid MORE.

Now I'm back to full time soon. 

I sort of am looking over my shoulder wondering what the catch is. 

It's sort of like stumbling on a bag of cash in the street and someone just telling you to take it. 

18 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

you're probably better off than me, you can atleast get E.I on a decent salary, i was scheduled to go to Japan and the plague put a complete halt to it, i was also temporarily working at a university that refuses to open until january 2021, forcing a whole semester of 20,000 students onto e-classes i probably can't teach.

luckily though my friend got me a job lifting boxes for $15 an hour at a warehouse down the street from my house.

hooray.

i also didn't even qualify for E.I because i didn't work enough hours for the period necessary. :rofl: I was taking some time off to prepare for a MOVE, to ASIA!

Fucking rotten world.

Try applying again. I know I initially didn't make enough but I guess it got revised or i made some money during a few of those weeks to put me over. I think I got in it too late though. I've gotten the initial amount plus 600 twice now. I know some people have been getting that for like 8 weeks. I don't think I'll be that lucky though.