Sony PS5 Conference - June 11th, 1:00 pm PT/3:00 pm CT/4:00 pm ET

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:mj:

Next gen sucks, just like I said. No big leap. What a disappointing showing. everything can be on ps4.

i watched on my phone ..... :drake:

I rewatched it and my opinion didn't change much :reg: Its slightly more detailed than the last Ratchet, thats about it on the visuals front. The loading is cool but at the same time it seems like more of a glorified level transition, than anything that will have significant gameplay implications.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Destruction Allstars   Shit looked straight out of Xbox Game Studios. 

Meanwhile on switch, Old and uglier stuff 

Guyz!       GUYZ!

Posted Images

Anyway, the camera makes me hopeful that PSVR2 is happening. Also maybe full BC with PSVR1.

So among the new games shown REVIII could very well have VR support, GT7 too and that Astro Bot Playroom game (which Im assuming is going to be free). Thats three VR system sellers right there.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I rewatched it and my opinion didn't change much :reg: Its slightly more detailed than the last Ratchet, thats about it on the visuals front. The loading is cool but at the same time it seems like more of a glorified level transition, than anything that will have significant gameplay implications.

You're crazy. That has more significant gameplay implications than any jump from the last 2 gens. 

Tell me what giant gameplay implication the PS3 to PS4 jump had?

You talked about KZ Shadow Fall (the worst KZ after the first) as some positive next gen leap. What significant gameplay leap did it have? lol It plays worse than KZ2 and KZ3.

In fact tell me any game that had some giant gameplay leap from late PS3 gen to early PS4 more than that Ratchet game we just saw.

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You're crazy. That has more significant gameplay implications than any jump from the last 2 gens. 

You talked about KZ Shadow Fall (the worst KZ after the first) as some positive next gen leap. What significant gameplay leap did it have? lol It plays worse than KZ2 and KZ3.

In fact tell me any game that had some giant gameplay leap from late PS3 gen to early PS4 more than that Ratchet game we just saw.

I was only referring to visuals when I mentioned Shadow Fall. The game definitely had the 'next gen' LOOK that most games at this showing did not have. Ratchet has always benefited from its art style but under the hood it doesn't look like its utilizing any fancy new shaders or rendering techniques that aren't already being used in most current gen games.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Gameplay honestly went backwards or stood still from last gen with the shitty CPUs

Probably only VR with positive innovations

• Like 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

I was only referring to visuals when I mentioned Shadow Fall. The game definitely had the 'next gen' LOOK that most games at this showing did not have. Ratchet has always benefited from its art style but under the hood it doesn't look like its utilizing any fancy new shaders or rendering techniques that weren't already used in most current gen games.

LOLOL 

Sure thing boss :hest: 

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was only referring to visuals when I mentioned Shadow Fall. The game definitely had the 'next gen' LOOK that most games at this showing did not have. Ratchet has always benefited from its art style but under the hood it doesn't look like its utilizing any fancy new shaders or rendering techniques that weren't already used in most current gen games.

You've been going on about how this is possible on PS4 and how the fast SSDs are nothing special yet then ignore the features that are provided by those things. fast SSD isn't going to improve the resolution or have better shaders lol but it will have far more important factors like actual gameplay leaps. You've made so many posts how none of these show the SSDs capabilities and now you are saying it's only about 'Visuals' lol

and watch those trailers in 4K. They games look phenomenal 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Watch the Horizon 2 trailer in 4K... lmao, it's so far ahead of anything on current gen... cmon now...

Itd be more exciting if it was actual gameplay.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

You've been going on about how this is possible on PS4 and how the fast SSDs are nothing special yet then ignore the features that are provided by those things. fast SSD isn't going to improve the resolution or have better shaders lol but it will have far more important factors like actual gameplay leaps. You've made so many posts how none of these show the SSDs capabilities and now you are saying it's only about 'Visuals' lol

and watch those trailers in 4K. They games look phenomenal 

I don't know about the capabilities of the SSD but thats irrelevant in this case because im purely talking about aesthetics. There was nothing at this conference that stuck out as being a significant leap over current gen in that regard. You could create a montage combining those games with recent ones from this gen and without any prior knowledge you would have a real hard time distinguishing whats from the PS4 and whats from the PS5.