All those games can be done on PS4.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely none of them made me think they could only be done on PS5.  

yeah they could be done.    if you lowered the res less stable performance longer loading times slightly less bells and whistles.         i mean, witc

another moron 

You will say the same with Xbox Series X games. I dont expect anything mindblowing in the first year of either consoles. 

Well see more impressive games down the line.

yeah they could be done. 

if you lowered the res

less stable performance

longer loading times

slightly less bells and whistles.

i mean, witcher 3 was done on switch. doesn't mean it's not better on PC.

for people that have spent 15 years posting on video game forums some of ya'll haven't really caught on to how this shit works yet lmao. 

• dead 2
4 minutes ago, Casual said:

yeah they could be done. 

if you lowered the res

less stable performance

longer loading times

for people that have spent 15 years posting on video game forums some of ya'll haven't really caught on to how this shit works yet lmao. 

Ratchet portal hopping between worlds would probably possible if you stomach 20 second load times.

But that's like saying you can play MGS5 at 540p at 25fps on PS3 Vs 1080p 60 on PS4.

5 minutes ago, Casual said:

yeah they could be done. 

if you lowered the res

less stable performance

longer loading times

True. But still, I think some people expect huge jumps like we experienced going from PS1 to PS2, or PS2 to PS3. It just aint going to happen.

Just now, Ramza said:

True. But still, I think some people expect huge jumps like we experienced going from PS1 to PS2, or PS2 to PS3. It just aint going to happen.

Yep.

I still think we get similar jumps, but they're not necessarily in areas that you can see in a 1080p30fps Youtube trailer. 

Just now, Ramza said:

The jumps are different. Not every jump is a resolution bump. The gameplay possibility jump with these SSDs are a bigger leap than simple resolution jump from ps3 to ps4. We've seen ratchet on PS2, PS3, PS4 and PS5 now. This one had the biggest next gen leap gameplay wise from all of them. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

The jumps are different. Not every jump is a resolution bump. The gameplay possibility jump with these SSDs are a bigger leap than simple resolution jump from ps3 to ps4. We've seen ratchet on PS2, PS3, PS4 and PS5 now. This one had the biggest next gen leap gameplay wise from all of them. 

Only for games that utilize it to its fullest potential, otherwise its just no loading screens. Ratchet at a glance was a bigger jump from PS2 to PS3. The assets of this new Ratchet arent that different from the last PS4 game and that came out years ago.

Just now, Ramza said:

Only for games that utilize it to its fullest potential, otherwise its just no loading screens. Ratchet at a glance was a bigger jump from PS2 to PS3. The assets of this new Ratchet arent that different from the last PS4 game and that came out years ago.

Ppl are thinking that 'just no load screens' means just no load when you start a game, or between levels. You really aren't thinking what that could mean for game or level design. This ratchet trailer was just a glimpse. Those rifts are changing entire environments as you play, seemless, on top of the already chaotic ratchet gameplay. We are going to see a more variety of assets used in single levels than ever before. That one level we saw had what usually you seen in multiple worlds in ratchet games, all intertwined into ratchet gameplay. It was what 'next gen' truly should mean to a game. Not just looks better, but actually evolves gameplay wise too. We haven't had a gameplay evolution in a long time, some would say we have even gone backwards to cater for higher res. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I feel like that's more a product of other things though...lazy devs, skyrocketing game dev costs, etc. We've been seeing reused assets for a long time now, it's just an unfortunate reality of where game dev is at tbh. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Ppl are thinking that 'just no load screens' means just no load when you start a game, or between levels. You really aren't thinking what that could mean for game or level design. This ratchet trailer was just a glimpse. Those rifts are changing entire environments as you play, seemless, on top of the already chaotic ratchet gameplay. We are going to see a more variety of assets used in single levels than ever before. That one level we saw had what usually you seen in multiple worlds in ratchet games, all intertwined into ratchet gameplay. It was what 'next gen' truly should mean to a game. Not just looks better, but actually evolves gameplay wise too. We haven't had a gameplay evolution in a long time, some would say we have even gone backwards to cater for higher res. 

No I get it, which why I said games that utilize it to its fullest potential but most wont, especially if it can only be achieved on PS5 SSD.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, like always people are comparing the most recent PS4 games to the PS5 launch games.

PS4 launch games looked bad...considerably worse than the stuff we got later in the gen.

PS3 games were no different. Compare Resistance to Shadow of the Colossus. 

Just now, Ramza said:

No I get it, which why I said games that utilize it to its fullest potential but most wont, especially if it can only be achieved on PS5 SSD.

That's why only exclusives matter. We knew this going in. Big Sony first parties are what are truly gonna deliver. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that, like always people are comparing the most recent PS4 games to the PS5 launch games.

PS4 launch games looked bad...considerably worse than the stuff we got later in the gen.

PS3 games were no different. Compare Resistance to Shadow of the Colossus. 

Yeah, even just within the same dev.

Compared Uncharted 1 to The Last of Us lol there's a next gen leap in those alone. 

1 minute ago, Casual said:

I feel like that's more a product of other things though...lazy devs, skyrocketing game dev costs, etc. We've been seeing reused assets for a long time now, it's just an unfortunate reality of where game dev is at tbh. 

Its mostly the astronomically high production values required to reach the best results possible. Most studios simply dont have the resources, or will take the risks with non proven IPs.

Back in the PS2 days most publishers could come up with a game that is up to the standards of the hardware without spending a fortune to achieve it.