All those games can be done on PS4.

3 minutes ago, Casual said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that, like always people are comparing the most recent PS4 games to the PS5 launch games.

PS4 launch games looked bad...considerably worse than the stuff we got later in the gen.

PS3 games were no different. Compare Resistance to Shadow of the Colossus. 

Pretty much, once they ditch the last-gen platforms things will improve further more. Cant expect much from these early gen games, except for the first party.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely none of them made me think they could only be done on PS5.  

yeah they could be done.    if you lowered the res less stable performance longer loading times slightly less bells and whistles.         i mean, witc

another moron 

11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Ppl are thinking that 'just no load screens' means just no load when you start a game, or between levels. You really aren't thinking what that could mean for game or level design. This ratchet trailer was just a glimpse. Those rifts are changing entire environments as you play, seemless, on top of the already chaotic ratchet gameplay. We are going to see a more variety of assets used in single levels than ever before. That one level we saw had what usually you seen in multiple worlds in ratchet games, all intertwined into ratchet gameplay. It was what 'next gen' truly should mean to a game. Not just looks better, but actually evolves gameplay wise too. We haven't had a gameplay evolution in a long time, some would say we have even gone backwards to cater for higher res. 

Can you imagine if a developer went up to Christopher Nolan to help develop a game based on the heists from Inception?

Where you go multiple layers deep and can switch between characters (like GTA5) who are each within their own dream layer, and whatever happens in the upper layer affects the gameplay in the lower layer, and you can switch quickly on the fly between all of them?

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

You will say the same with Xbox Series X games. I dont expect anything mindblowing in the first year of either consoles. 

Well see more impressive games down the line.

I was wowed away with MGS2 for ps2 and MGS4 for PS3.

This though looks way too similar to what we have.

That game from Gearbox looks like a big pile of turd though.

RE8 is a fanastic example of the upgrade of next-gen, like other RE engine games the faces, and materials are great and can be comparable to next-gen in certain scenes and circustanses.

EaQoaJ9U4AAUf6r?format=jpg&name=large

EaQot34VcAAMW2U?format=jpg&name=large

But as soon as the question of vegetation arises for example, that shit is leagues below real next-gen games. Just look at it, you can tell this is a PS4 cross gen game, not PS5.

EaQoqgbU0AATb2q?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Team 2019
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I still havent read any proof its not cross gen. Also the trailer had framerate drops below 30,.

It's not.  It's PS5/XSX/PC only. The press site is live.. no mention of current gen anywhere.

re8.png

Edited by Remij_
12 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Horizon 1 vs 2

Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Complete-Edition-20200

49996577022-dc0401dfe1-o.png

It's a good upgrade, especially when you take the WHOLE scene with the world.

But people saw stuff like this.

cd390d0a404267ca_1200xH.jpg

bh9gg7in.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn II looks like what we would see THIS GEN but in a cutscene, that's the best I can describe it. 

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I remember walking and seeing Dreamcast with Soul Calibur. Now that shit was mindblowing.

Honestly nothing shown was even remotely as impressive as the jump we saw with Shadowfall or Ryse either.

Thats literally the game I brought up in another thread and was attacked for it.

but I forgot about Ryse, it was pretty stunning for its time as well.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I remember walking and seeing Dreamcast with Soul Calibur. Now that shit was mindblowing.

Honestly nothing shown was even remotely as impressive as the jump we saw with Shadowfall or Ryse either.

I actually appreciate you being pretty objective about this.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

We are getting quality and performance mode in launch games. This gen is already begging for Pro models mid gen.

Well I wouldn't speak for everybody just yet, Microsoft still hasn't played their hand. What they've shown so far (Hellblade II) is still the only markedly next-generation looking game yet.