Horizon II: Forbidden West 4K Direct Feed Screenshots

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Okay this looks much better than I thought.

49996555867_d99f1adf67_4k.jpg

49996302046_b9fcd7b636_4k.jpg

49996301136_35dd0b145b_4k.jpg

49995779038_007ac3562a_4k.jpg

49996551392_2065591823_4k.jpg

It took 4 gens but games are finally at the toy story level graphics MS promised for Xbox 1. :ben:  

One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That screenshot of Alloy underwater is real next-gen. That is stunning.

The animations and shaders are on a complete other level compared to this gen.

People are talking about immediate visual feedback... but when you looked at gameplay during current gen games, you clearly see the cut back lighting, geometry detail, and shading quality...

With next gen games, and the new SSDs, that obvious visual reduction isn't going to be there, and things will look much better on top of it.

The hardware is capable of much more than we're seeing right now.  Budgets and time, as well as tools are what's currently stopping things from having jumps like previous generations.

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

People are talking about immediate visual feedback... but when you looked at gameplay during current gen games, you clearly see the cut back lighting, geometry detail, and shading quality...

With next gen games, and the new SSDs, that obvious visual reduction isn't going to be there, and things will look much better on top of it.

The hardware is capable of much more than we're seeing right now.  Budgets and time, as well as tools are what's currently stopping things from having jumps like previous generations.

Yeah and like Casual mentioned earlier, these are launch window games. PS4 launch window was fucking Knack, KZ Shadow Fall and the worst infamous game lol I think sometimes ppl have short memories. Imo this next gen leap is going to be far more significant than the last and like always it's going to be very dependent on your tv too. Someone without a 4K display and HDR can't complain about it not being a next gen leap, but on say an OLED, this shit is going to look bonkers, outside of what the SSD can do for gameplay. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah and like Casual mentioned earlier, these are launch window games. PS4 launch window was fucking Knack, KZ Shadow Fall and the worst infamous game lol I think sometimes ppl have short memories. Imo this next gen leap is going to be far more significant than the last and like always it's going to be very dependent on your tv too. Someone without a 4K display and HDR can't complain about it not being a next gen leap, but on say an OLED, this shit is going to look bonkers, outside of what the SSD can do for gameplay. 

I guarantee you that these engines shown aren't even close to being optimized yet for these new consoles.  UE5 is more forward looking than anything shown here... but these are games that started development 2-3 years ago... so it's obvious that they're not going to be pushing things yet.

• Like 1

An important thing to consider is, when exactly did Mark Cerny tell and provide a dev kit to Sony first-party studios in which they knew that they would have 5,000 MB/s transfer speeds in which they could design their game around?

I'm almost certain Guerilla starts making this Horizon game during mid-2017. If Mark Cerny doesn't finalize the hardware design until late 2018, early 2019, that's too late for Guerilla, they're too far into designing their game to start anew.

I bet there are Sony first and second party studios, who are beginning to start their new game projects in late 2019, early 2019, and they will have advantages that the earlier developers couldn't plan for.

33 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I don't know the technical side, or what it is. It's the way lighting interacts with materials in my eyes. Can't really point it out, but its there and in almost every game.