Jim Ryan - PS5 should grace your living room, emphasises value over price

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I mean I think Sony are going to find a way to make people subscribe to their network, as in..to play their games online on PC and be a part of the network.  Once enough content gets out there.  They'll talk about how they need to do it to secure their network and provide the best experience.  If you're Sony... and you have the greatest games on the biggest gaming network that pushes tons of hardware, then you figure out a way to make PC gamers pay into that.  There will be blowblack... but Sony doesn't NEED PC... it's all about maximizing profitability of those who will undoubtedly buy and play their games on PC regardless of the barriers to entry.  They absolutely know those people exist in high numbers lol.

I think the model you speak about... is the "transition model" until enough content gets on PC, and gamers become accepting of the fact that Sony's games are also on PC and realize that it's not the end of the world.  After that time has come... they'll maximize the market they have and release games day 1 everywhere.

You can't ever have day 1 for big single player first party on PC unless you want to devalue the Playstation console. The reason Xbox Series X buzz is so low among hardcore gamers is because most of us are like "w/e i'll just play these on my PC".  Not winning over the enthusiast/hardcore crowd isn't necessarily a death sentence, but it's also not a good look. Sony needs to first make ensure the PS5 has a ton of momentum with year 1 / year 2 exclusives. Maybe after that they can ease off and start putting out Day 1 PC titles.

Or they can just attempt to repeat what occurred this gen and never do day 1 on PC. That might work too lol.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A work of art with an appropriate stand as the centre piece of my living room. 

They hit it out of the park. I can't wait to invite non-gaming friends over and have them comment on how good it looks as the centre piece of my TV stand. Shit, the design is going to sell a few conso

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I mean I think Sony are going to find a way to make people subscribe to their network, as in..to play their games online on PC and be a part of the network.  Once enough content gets out there.  They'll talk about how they need to do it to secure their network and provide the best experience.  If you're Sony... and you have the greatest games on the biggest gaming network that pushes tons of hardware, then you figure out a way to make PC gamers pay into that.  There will be blowblack... but Sony doesn't NEED PC... it's all about maximizing profitability of those who will undoubtedly buy and play their games on PC regardless of the barriers to entry.  They absolutely know those people exist in high numbers lol.

I think the model you speak about... is the "transition model" until enough content gets on PC, and gamers become accepting of the fact that Sony's games are also on PC and realize that it's not the end of the world.  After that time has come... they'll maximize the market they have and release games day 1 everywhere.

But like for eg, look at yourself as the PC gamer crowd. You know that the fact Sony's games are exclusives is gonna make you buy a PS5. Would you if they were day 1 on PC? Not so sure. There is obvs a market of ppl who will always get consoles and never game on PC but I think Sony might be trying to lure PC gamers to the console market instead of trying to just accommodate the PC gamers like MS is doing. 

Like with a PC that either of us have there is literally zero point to get a Series X, and even though I sub to GP on and off for a couple months that is equivalent to buying like 1 first party ps5 game. 

They only negative about putting the games on pc is cows being butthurt about losing exclusives .

Devaluing playstation ? Rofl , dumb fanboys 

The only thing that would happen is the games would sell more and have a bigger player base .

Sony doesn't make money on software ? Rofl . Yeah , nobody wants an additional couple million sales of games.  No  money to be made there. 

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

They only negative about putting the games on pc is cows being butthurt about losing exclusives .

The only thing that would happen is the games would sell more and have a bigger player base .

Sony doesn't make money on software ? Rofl . Yeah , nobody wants an additional couple million sales of games.  No  money to be made there. 

I mean, nobody here except like 2 people gives a shit about XSX anymore because all its games are on PC. That's devaluation. And before you go "buh buh youre a Cow", i'll remind you I bought an Xbox One this gen for exclusives (Halo Anni, Rise of the TR, Halo 5, Forza Horizon 2) :jordan3:

If Sony puts all their games on PC day 1, there'd be no reason not to just go all in on PC gaming. it would have literally every single game on the market except Nintendo. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

But like for eg, look at yourself as the PC gamer crowd. You know that the fact Sony's games are exclusives is gonna make you buy a PS5. Would you if they were day 1 on PC? Not so sure. There is obvs a market of ppl who will always get consoles and never game on PC but I think Sony might be trying to lure PC gamers to the console market instead of trying to just accommodate the PC gamers like MS is doing. 

Like with a PC that either of us have there is literally zero point to get a Series X, and even though I sub to GP on and off for a couple months that is equivalent to buying like 1 first party ps5 game. 

Not me, but a lot of people would.  Think about it.. Sony will be losing money on every PS5 sold.  If I'm buying their games and paying a online sub fee on PC day1, they're laughing... because they're making all the money, without the cost of the console.

THAT IS NOT TO SAY that they don't want to sell consoles... obviously you're right... but there's millions upon millions that simply don't give a shit about PC gaming in the first place and don't want to spend over $1000 on a gaming device.  Those people will fill any huge void.  I'm sure Sony is looking at the numbers and are realizing how much of their userbase owns and plays both PS consoles and PCs and how much of that would be lost if they started releasing their games on PC.  I believe what they are doing right now is testing the waters... seeing how their games perform on PC, and seeing how many people are double dipping vs completely new people who don't play on console at all.

I think they ARE and WILL very slowly acclimate their fanbase into accepting that PC versions will be released alongside console.  Your choice where you want to play.  PC is not a competing console brand... it's not "a threat"... if Sony lost 30million console buyers and they instead buy their games on PC and sub to PS+... what has Sony REALLY lost?  It's not like they are manufacturing consoles that aren't being sold...  The money comes from the games and the subs... the costs to Sony come from the console itself.

I know it will be a long time coming... but that's where I see the industry going.  Play our games on any device (our console, PC, mobile streaming) anywhere.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

snip

if Sony lost 30million console buyers and they instead buy their games on PC and sub to PS+... what has Sony REALLY lost?  It's not like they are manufacturing consoles that aren't being sold...  The money comes from the games and the subs... the costs to Sony come from the console itself.

I know it will be a long time coming... but that's where I see the industry going.  Play our games on any device (our console, PC, mobile streaming) anywhere.

They'll have lost their 30% cut on 3rd party sales for those 30 million console buyers, which is a shit ton of money. 

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, モンキー said:

They'll have lost their 30% cut on 3rd party sales for those 30 million console buyers, which is a shit ton of money. 

Pretty much. Sony isn't going to let go of their PSN sales. It's too big. 

7 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I've tried to explain this to you a million times but you're too dumb to comprehend. 

Read the rest of the entire paragraph instead of just the first line. 

Sony makes the majority of their revenue from PSN. From not only PS Plus but also the huge 30% cuts form EVERY 3rd part game sold. Sony would make more money from a person buying a PS5 with a year of ps plus and buying GTA, RDR, Madden or FIFA and COD, then they would from someone buying a PS5 and 2 single player Sony First party games.

That's what you guys continually don't understand. 

Sony just wants you to use the PSN. If you buy God of War 2 on Steam, they not only have lost the PS5 sale, but also the 30% cut to steam and then revenue from EVERY future game you mightve bought on the PS5 instead of now being able to get it on Steam or another platform cause you don't need a PS5.

How have ppl been on these boards for so long and not realised this. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Not me, but a lot of people would.  Think about it.. Sony will be losing money on every PS5 sold.  If I'm buying their games and paying a online sub fee on PC day1, they're laughing... because they're making all the money, without the cost of the console.

THAT IS NOT TO SAY that they don't want to sell consoles... obviously you're right... but there's millions upon millions that simply don't give a shit about PC gaming in the first place and don't want to spend over $1000 on a gaming device.  Those people will fill any huge void.  I'm sure Sony is looking at the numbers and are realizing how much of their userbase owns and plays both PS consoles and PCs and how much of that would be lost if they started releasing their games on PC.  I believe what they are doing right now is testing the waters... seeing how their games perform on PC, and seeing how many people are double dipping vs completely new people who don't play on console at all.

I think they ARE and WILL very slowly acclimate their fanbase into accepting that PC versions will be released alongside console.  Your choice where you want to play.  PC is not a competing console brand... it's not "a threat"... if Sony lost 30million console buyers and they instead buy their games on PC and sub to PS+... what has Sony REALLY lost?  It's not like they are manufacturing consoles that aren't being sold...  The money comes from the games and the subs... the costs to Sony come from the console itself.

They've lost the gigantic portion of their revenue which is PSN. IF they lose 30 million consoles sold that's 30million consumers that are now buying their games on other services. You know this man. Why do you think Epic is sinking so much money into EGS. The no.1 money maker and priority is having ppl buying games in your store. Sony dedicate their first party to making sure ppl do that on PSN. They won't give that up.  

10 minutes ago, モンキー said:

I mean, nobody here except like 2 people gives a shit about XSX anymore because all its games are on PC. That's devaluation. And before you go "buh buh youre a Cow", i'll remind you I bought an Xbox One this gen for exclusives (Halo Anni, Rise of the TR, Halo 5, Forza Horizon 2) :jordan3:

If Sony puts all their games on PC day 1, there'd be no reason not to just go all in on PC gaming. it would have literally every single game on the market except Nintendo. 

Nobody here . Nobody here . Nobody here .

You think everyone would rush out and build pcs ? Lmao no they wouldn't. 

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Nobody here . Nobody here . Nobody here .

You think everyone would rush out and build pcs ? Lmao no they wouldn't. 

If PC had Xbox + PS exclusives day 1? Definitely. I don't even like PC gaming and I would switch to PC.  :hest:

Edited by Guest

Look how mad ....Maltese is getting.  You yourself have a pc that rapes ps4 yet you play all the games on ps4. 

You say they make no money on software. But on psn . They could put psn on pc too , idiot .

It bothers you guys badly that sony is putting games on pc . They will be there . Native,  or streaming,  or after a year but they will be there .

Kts already happening but you refuse to see it.  

1 minute ago, モンキー said:

If PC had Xbox + PS exclusives day 1? Definitely. I don't even like PC gaming and I would switch to PC.  :hest:

You might . Some others might too . But the vast majority would buy their console and be happy they have a bigger player base to play with and happy Sony makes more money to make more games .

Just now, JONBpc said:

You might . Some others might too . But the vast majority would buy their console and be happy they have a bigger player base to play with and happy Sony makes more money to make more games .

Not necessarily. If hardcore gamers start telling all their casual buddies to switch to PC gaming instead, its a wrap.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Look how mad ....Maltese is getting.  You yourself have a pc that rapes ps4 yet you play all the games on ps4. 

You say they make no money on software. But on psn . They could put psn on pc too , idiot .

It bothers you guys badly that sony is putting games on pc . They will be there . Native,  or streaming,  or after a year but they will be there .

Kts already happening but you refuse to see it.  

lol if anyone writes a paragraph of actual gaming discussion here slow johnny thinks their mad. 

Meanwhile he'll be replying to like 4 ppl in 5 threads and be fine.

We are talking facts. You are talking Hopes and Dreams :tom5:

Just now, madmaltese said:

lol if anyone writes a paragraph of actual gaming discussion here slow johnny thinks their mad. 

Meanwhile he'll be replying to like 4 ppl in 5 threads and be fine.

We are talking facts. You are talking Hopes and Dreams :tom5:

Like I said,  its literally happening right in front of your face and you refuse to see it .

Keep acting like gooberson tho . It shows your mad. 

2 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Not necessarily. If hardcore gamers start telling all their casual buddies to switch to PC gaming instead, its a wrap.

Yeah all the 13 year old casuals putting a big fugly 1500 dollar pc in their moms living room lol ok

I think zoomers are into pc more than millenials. Most want to be streamers which is easier on PC. Plus all their adhd games are best on PC. PC is the future :aitch:

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Sony will know and have the numbers.  It's likely not as much as you'd think.

If Sony was that worried about people not having to buy their console, they wouldn't be working on streaming services....

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Like I said,  its literally happening right in front of your face and you refuse to see it .

Keep acting like gooberson tho . It shows your mad. 

The exact thing I said is happening is happening lol. Sony being the middle road between Ninty and MS. having a sub but not day 1 major first party and releasing on pc but defs not day 1. 

When Spiderman and God of War gets announced for PC that is more proof of what I'm saying.

When God of War 2 gets announced day 1 PC then I'm wrong. It's not complicated. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The exact thing I said is happening is happening lol. Sony being the middle road between Ninty and MS. having a sub but not day 1 major first party and releasing on pc but defs not day 1. 

When Spiderman and God of War gets announced for PC that is more proof of what I'm saying.

When God of War 2 gets announced day 1 PC then I'm wrong. It's not 

It isn't complicated. Sony is releasing games on pc and they will release more .

That will not devalue ps and they absolutely will make a bunch of money that they wouldn't have .

In your head everyone would just go pc if they were on pc but you yourself choose to play on ps over pc .

Sonys biggest games sell around 10 million.  Some a little over some a lot under . There's over 100 million ps4s . 

This is literally happening right in front of your eyes . Open them .