Jonb, this is why you should not get a WRX

27 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Doubt its in the condition to get max kbb value . Most cars never are and it tells you the percentage that is on the site . Like next to none.  Wasn't gonna bother haggling when they gave me 3 grand off the subaru and 0.9 apr

I could have sold it outright and got a lot more sure but that's not worth the hassle for a couple grand. 

Thats good apr.

Enjoy the car.

TBH, the Gen X is a hybrid of a more luxurious Acura trimline.

Too elegant, refined and quiet to be an SI but I can welcome the changes.

However I am pissed off that they downgraded its power figures to make the Type-R more appealing.

That 1.5 Turbo can put about 230hp with a simple flash.

Its a good car . I really enjoyed it.  Its light , looks good , interior space is best in class.  It moves pretty good too. Handling is excellent . Brakes are great. Looks more expensive than what it costs . Has cool features like lane watch and adaptive dampers.  Easiest manual car I've ever driven and is easily driven in stop and go traffic . It was fun as hell whipping that thing thru the backroads.

Honestly if I didn't live in the damn mountains I probably would have waited for the 11th gen which I bet will get that boost up to 230hp . I bet the 11th gen will pull as hard from a roll as the current gen wrx . 

I just hated the engine in the car. Its got good torque and pulls pretty nice because its so light  but there is just no emotion to that engine . I had a 2015 si and that 2.5 lt engine in that thing screamed when you hit 7k rpm .

Best value for money out there but it just didn't feel like an si to me . If honda were smart they would put a detuned type r engine in the next si. The accord has it , why not the si ? 

Put the 2.0 in it , bump hp to 230 or 240 , have a factory exhaust that you can hear , improve the turbo lag and get rid of rev hang and it'll be the best car in its class for sure.

• Like 1