Sony Exec: PS5 exclusives will be "more important than they've ever been," talks Gran Turismo 7 benefiting from PS5 features

PS5 exclusive games will be more important than ever for the next-gen console, according to PlayStation Europe executive vice president Simon Rutter.

Speaking with The Guardian, Rutter reiterated that exclusive games remain "hugely important" to the company. "More important, I think, than they’ve ever been," he said. "Through their proximity to the system’s designers, PlayStation’s studios are able to really extract the most out of the system performance and that’s a really valuable attribute for a platform holder to have. [PlayStation] can rely on a studio network that can really show off the innovations that we’re trying to put across."
Rutter used Gran Turismo 7, one of the many upcoming PS5 games shown at the company's June 11 PS5 blowout, as one example of how exclusive games can make the most of PS5. "Gran Turismo 7 is going to benefit from almost every single technological enhancement that we have in PlayStation 5," he said. Rutter stressed that the 3D audio capabilities of the console, coupled with the tailored feedback of the DualSense controller, make for a uniquely engaging racing experience built on the PS5's feature kit.

Full Quote about GT7:

Take Gran Turismo, the hyper-realistic racing game that has been synonymous with PlayStation since the 90s. “Gran Turismo 7 is going to benefit from almost every single technological enhancement that we have in PlayStation 5,” says Rutter. “The loading times will be next to nothing compared to what they have been in the past. Sitting in the cockpit, the 3D audio allows you to hear the thunderous roar of a Ferrari behind you or in front of you, and you can recognise the difference between that and the engine noise of a Maserati. Driving the car using the DualSense controller, you’ll have a different feeling in your hands from the smooth undulating tarmac of a racetrack, compared to the gritty sensation on a gravel track. Pressing a soft accelerator will feel very different than pressing on a stiff brake pedal or gear paddle.”

Next-gen vibrations, 3D audio and super short loading times basically, lmao.

Anyway, if its a launch window game Im in. I think it will be the best GT game in a long time, the campaign could be fun.

Plus possible VR support in the future, pretty much makes it a must have for me.

Its probably mostly recycled . Look how long it took them to push out gts.  And it was barebones junk .

I cant see them having a fully next gen featured gt without a TON of recycling. 

Will this one have premium cars again ? 

Gt has been junk so hopefully they nail it but I cant see that happening in the time frame they had to do it.

30 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'm really interested to see how the controller feels when playing GT7 or any other game really.  It has the potential to be very cool.

Play Forza 6 or 7 on Xbox.

It has the best feeling on console.