Wait, when did EA announce a Star Wars dog fighting game?

I think it was mentioned.

I'm interested in seeing the gameplay and VR could be really fucking awesome.. but I dunno...  EA's Star Wars output hasn't been great..

I also hate the fact that they're still doing the "in engine" pre-rendered cinematics.  I wish they would go back to fully real-time cinematics like they used to.

So its a $40 budget title thats releasing in the fall but has no next gen versions. I think right off the bat those are 2 signs that they don't have much confidence in it.

If its just the dogfighting aspect of Battlefront 2 turned into a full game, then its definitely not going to be great. They would need to make the flight model more dynamic and less arcadey to start.

But I think overall theres a lot of potential in a Star Wars version of Ace Combat, so heres hoping they somehow pull it off.

what makes you think it is a "dogfighting" game? You never played the squadron games for n64? There is like all kinds of different gameplay. not only air vs air.