The Last of Us 2 |OT| spoilers = ban

I'm actually shocked at how good the stealth is in this game. I encountered dogs for the first time and 

😐
Spoiler

Proning in tall grass, throwing a brick toward a car where the dogs and the owner run toward, and using a silenced pistol to headshot them might be the most satisfying thing in the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

16 or so hours in.  I'll return to SW when done but damn, what a game. Narrative i'll talk properly when I'm done (only to say it's ballsy AF. A lot will depend on the landing but I'm very happy

Already had to delete 3 posts in this thread. I've been pretty explicit about posting story related 'content' for this game, even if you're making a shitty joke its still NOT allowed.    @Ma

I'm not taking my chances with mala, he already broke the rules and warnings were given. 

3 hours ago, -GD- BLM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dude. I was soooo pissed at first. Like, seriously, I almost stopped playing. I absolutely hated the way they transitioned to Abby’s character arc. However, once I met the “mom/kid”, the arc started to resonate with me, and then I experienced the best parts of the game.   By the end, I liked Abby more than Ellie lol. 

Spoiler

Yeah. The switch to Abby was rough and then how they go on and on with Owen and Abby stuff made things worse. The flashbacks with them were the worst part of the game. Then it got a lot better when you met Lev and Yara. And the battle at the island near the end was just fucking insane :aitch:

By the end of the game, I didn't hate Abby as much and actually didn't want that revenge anymore. I guess ND achieved what they wanted to do. Overall I'm happy how it turned out but left feeling not completley satisfied (we get so little of Joel).

Gameplay and graphics wise especially the animation and atmosphere, the game was truly outstanding. Still feeling mixed on the story, I felt it could be executed better. Finished at around 25 hours I think, they could have cut about 4-5 hours and make it a much tighter experience.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Pureis said:
  Hide contents

Yeah. The switch to Abby was rough and then how they go on and on with Owen and Abby stuff made things worse. The flashbacks with them were the worst part of the game. Then it got a lot better when you met Lev and Yara. And the battle at the island near the end was just fucking insane :aitch:

By the end of the game, I didn't hate Abby as much and actually didn't want that revenge anymore. I guess ND achieved what they wanted to do. Overall I'm happy how it turned out but left feeling not completley satisfied (we get so little of Joel).

Gameplay and graphics wise especially the animation and atmosphere, the game was truly outstanding. Still feeling mixed on the story, I felt it could be executed better. Finished at around 25 hours I think, they could have cut about 4-5 hours and make it a much tighter experience.

Man, all of your points are completely warranted! Though, 

Spoiler

1 or 2 flashbacks of Owen would have been nice (not all of them), since he was a great character. I ended up really liking Abby a lot. I wish they had toned down the muscle, though. It felt a bit comical. A shame, since Laura Bailey killed it with the VO, and I loved her bond with Lev and Yara. Plus. I thought she was well-written. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder how you guys approach encounters? Most of the time I just end up hunting down every single enemy so I get to explore the whole place in peace to find more ammo and loot. Does anyone go the stealth route?

Edited by Pureis
4 minutes ago, Pureis said:

I wonder how you guys approach encounters? Most of the time I just end up hunting down every single enemy so I get to explore the whole place in peace to find more ammo and loot. Does anyone go the stealth route?

Sometimes I do this, other times I just go ape shit running around on a murder spree. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Sometimes I do this, other times I just go ape shit running around on a murder spree.

By going stealth route, I mean minimal killing to get past an encounter.

I tend to do stealth kills first (silencer, bows, stabbing/choking from the back) before I got spotted and just hunt down everyone.

3 hours ago, Pureis said:

I try stealth, fail miserably then just murder everyone then go back around everywhere getting all the resources. The gameplay is so good regardless of the route you take but the ability to chain kills so smoothly is so damn satisfying. Some of the encounters legit feel like cutscenes. 

Just finished it after 30 hours. Game definitely outstays it’s welcome if I’ll be honest. The problem is that the gameplay is too simple and barebones to support a game of this scale and length. The melee and shooting mechanics feel good but they never evolve over the course of the game, neither do the encounters which all just end up blending together. 

I think they could have shaved off a good half a dozen hours off the game length at least, and added some more set piece moments to help break things up. 

still, overall it’s a damn great game filled with lots of memorable moments, and I enjoyed almost all of the storytelling. It’s not the Death Stranding of this year for me but it comes close.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Just finished it after 30 hours. Game definitely outstays it’s welcome if I’ll be honest. The problem is that the gameplay is too simple and barebones to support a game of this scale and length. The melee and shooting mechanics feel good but they never evolve over the course of the game, neither do the encounters which all just end up blending together. 

I think they could have shaved off a good half a dozen hours off the game length at least, and added some more set piece moments to help break things up. 

still, overall it’s a damn great game filled with lots of memorable moments, and I enjoyed almost all of the storytelling. It’s not the Death Stranding of this year for me but it comes close.

I think I had the shortest play time from most I've heard. I finished it in 21 hours and I didn't rush. Got the all locations in Seattle trophy and so on. 

13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

yeah, it definitely could have been shorter. i'm replaying it, but this time i'm not rushing it. 

I just finished it in 41 hours. But I tend to check and double check for every single item in an area so that must have extended my play time

Im an emotional wreck after that :mjcry:

I think its my favourite game this gen, surpassing God of War. But I'll need to see how I feel in a few days

On 2020-06-23 at 2:23 PM, Twinblade said:

I get where you are coming from, but I think that was more my expectation that this is where it should wrap up. But every additional scenario they gave i ended up loving. And the full game in retrospect just felt so whole and complete

Edited by Voidler

Man I honestly think some of you guys played this game too fast if you think it should be shorter. Any game of this length if I beat in half a week I’d think was too long regardless of the game. I playing it in decent sized chunks every day and I don’t think it’s dragging a bit. I feel engaged throughout. Beating Persona 4 in less than a week would have made me probably hate it. I think overall it’s becoming one of my favorite games of this gen

After Seattle Day 3: 

Spoiler

And as Abby where I’m going to look for Owen. I knew there was going to be an Abby campaign but I wished they made her campaign different enough to stand on its own. As it stands she plays the same as Ellie with minimal differences so far. Usually in games that feature 2 campaigns each character feels unique in how they play and there story. Abby so far feels like the exact same character and story as Ellie with how they’re trying to make her more sympathetic to her motivations now. I’ll see how it all ties together though

32 minutes ago, Delita said:

Man I honestly think some of you guys played this game too fast if you think it should be shorter. Any game of this length if I beat in half a week I’d think was too long regardless of the game. I playing it in decent sized chunks every day and I don’t think it’s dragging a bit. I feel engaged throughout. Beating Persona 4 in less than a week would have made me probably hate it. I think overall it’s becoming one of my favorite games of this gen

After Seattle Day 3: 

Reveal hidden contents

And as Abby where I’m going to look for Owen. I knew there was going to be an Abby campaign but I wished they made her campaign different enough to stand on its own. As it stands she plays the same as Ellie with minimal differences so far. Usually in games that feature 2 campaigns each character feels unique in how they play and there story. Abby so far feels like the exact same character and story as Ellie with how they’re trying to make her more sympathetic to her motivations now. I’ll see how it all ties together though

i'm replaying it and taking it super slow (literally on day 1 still). i plan to explore everything. i'm curious if the length will still be an issue for me. 

Edited by -GD- BLM
1 minute ago, nitric said:

Idk how you guys rushed through this game. I’m 11 hours in and just got to day 2 :mjgrin:

i was done with it by sunday morning lol. i was kid of racing several other people lol. they beat it before me, though (the first beat it around 1 am on sat night). i went to sleep and played the last 30 in minutes when i woke up on sunday. i was too wiped lol.