Will you be going back to theaters when they open back up next month?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, and Nolan is being an absolute fucktard not delaying it. 

You know Vini is a dumbass when he starts making comparisons that even fellow dumbass Cooke moved on from months ago because they were so dumb.

I haven't been to the movies in years.

12 minutes ago, Vini said:

I like how none of you can back up anything you're saying with data. Just like your political ideology. 

MSM told you to freak out about this virus and you stay scared

You didn't experience any chess pains over the last couple months? 

I did.  Consider yourself blessed. 

Everyone is gangster when it comes to coronavirus, until their lungs explode. 

• Ben 1
3 minutes ago, Vini said:

No you're just a pussy, it's what it is. 

I'm 31, in shape, and my greatest underlying condition is that I had asthma as a baby and grew out of it. I'm not afraid of the virus' effects on me because I'm probably not much less likely to choke on the french toast I'm currently eating than dying to COVID.

It's not about me, though.

16 minutes ago, Vini said:

There's no argument I'm making without data. 0.26% death rate. That's what you're scared about

0.26% of NYC's population has either died of COVID or is a probable COVID death and their own seroprevalence study showed roughly 20% of the city had been infected. That's an IFR of 1.3%. CDC's numbers don't include probable COVID deaths and the denominator they're using includes seroprevalence studies that have been retracted due to bad methodology, so the result likely underestimates the actual IFR.

If everybody that was at risk could stay at home and live like a hermit I wouldn't be worried, but next time you go lick lamp poles as a sign of how not afraid you are just look around and see all the visibly at risk people you pass by and interact with. Whether they're just not heeding advice and licking that lamp pole with you, they're doing an essential day-to-day task, or because they're working a service job, it's going to be a decent number I'd guess. If you or I get it we'll probably never know because estimates of asymptomatic cases below the age of 50 are as high as 70%, but we can still spread it to those people and that's what I'm "scared" of.

Do you want to live in a world where every grocery store bagger is a 15 year old kid that doesn't know to put the eggs in a separate bag? The 70 year old bagger does because she's lived life. I need her to survive this thing.

13 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You didn't experience any chess pains over the last couple months? 

I did.  Consider yourself blessed. 

Everyone is gangster when it comes to coronavirus, until their lungs explode. 

I had it in March and have the anti bodies

Had some pains as well as fever for a week. Basically flu symptoms but milder.  I've been working the whole time, I took 2 weeks off when I got it. 

Edited by Vini
30 minutes ago, Vini said:

I like how none of you can back up anything you're saying with data. Just like your political ideology. 

MSM told you to freak out about this virus and you stay scared

It's amusing but tiresome when stupid people act like they are smart. You've hit peak tiresome for someone who's often wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Liquid said:

It's amusing but tiresome when stupid people act like they are smart. You've hit peak tiresome for someone who's often wrong. 

I don't act smart at all I know enough to know my ignorance. This is simple data, this virus is many magnitudes less dangerous than we initially thought. It is what it is. 

15 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm 31, in shape, and my greatest underlying condition is that I had asthma as a baby and grew out of it. I'm not afraid of the virus' effects on me because I'm probably not much less likely to choke on the french toast I'm currently eating than dying to COVID.

It's not about me, though.

0.26% of NYC's population has either died of COVID or is a probable COVID death and their own seroprevalence study showed roughly 20% of the city had been infected. That's an IFR of 1.3%. CDC's numbers don't include probable COVID deaths and the denominator they're using includes seroprevalence studies that have been retracted due to bad methodology, so the result likely underestimates the actual IFR.

If everybody that was at risk could stay at home and live like a hermit I wouldn't be worried, but next time you go lick lamp poles as a sign of how not afraid you are just look around and see all the visibly at risk people you pass by and interact with. Whether they're just not heeding advice and licking that lamp pole with you, they're doing an essential day-to-day task, or because they're working a service job, it's going to be a decent number I'd guess. If you or I get it we'll probably never know because estimates of asymptomatic cases below the age of 50 are as high as 70%, but we can still spread it to those people and that's what I'm "scared" of.

Do you want to live in a world where every grocery store bagger is a 15 year old kid that doesn't know to put the eggs in a separate bag? The 70 year old bagger does because she's lived life. I need her to survive this thing.

This is all self righteous BS, protector of the "at risk" people. 

We're not going into great depression to save 70 year old grocery baggers sorry. The extra unemployment pay is for these people specifically, and states don't turn down at risk people. 

Edited by Vini
11 minutes ago, Vini said:

This is all self righteous BS, protector of the "at risk" people. 

We're not going into great depression to save 70 year old grocery baggers sorry. 

Ah yes, the cause of the great depression: mask usage and large entertainment venues staying closed.

12 minutes ago, Vini said:

The extra unemployment pay is for these people specifically, and states don't turn down at risk people. 

You aren't eligible for unemployment if you refuse to go back to work in Florida, regardless of at risk status. These people never got unemployment to begin with considering they weren't furloughed or laid off. The CARES act is also expiring next month.

tHeReS no ARGumenT I'M mAkiNg wIThOuT dAta

Girls on tinder have started putting ‘Covid survivor’ in their profiles which is actually kind of funny. If there’s nothing else that makes you interesting besides having survived a virus that kills almost nobody in your age group...then you’re a definite swipe left :lul: 

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Girls on tinder have started putting ‘Covid survivor’ in their profiles which is actually kind of funny. If there’s nothing else that makes you interesting besides having survived a virus that kills almost nobody in your age group...then you’re a definite swipe left :lul: 

"Survivor" lmao

I had mild fever for a few days 

28 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh shit you're alive, how are the rest of the psychos doing?

Shit's dead. Every couple days when Dark does actually manage to come around and get a discussion going, it just devolves into talking about you. Place is 25% Overwatch, 25% people are protesting because Bernie got robbed, and 50% shitting on you. :shaq2:

48 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

LMFAO Seeing as the most interesting thing about you is that you became a mod on a videogame forum after 15 years of posting, are you really in any place to "swipe left" trivially?