The Last of Us Part II is absolute dog shit

Kidding, it's an excellent game. 

The first one didn't grasp me, maybe it has to do with missing its window of relevance but it just didn't capture very much of my interest. The way I look at this situation is like this, The Terminator and Terminator 2. The Terminator is hailed as a GOAT film, and while I agree it is good its period of relevance was before my time. Terminator 2 on the other hand was much bigger with far higher production values and overall a better film, and I was there from square one. 

That's the way I see these games, the first one is admittedly good but there's no sparks there between me and it. I can respect it but it's not something I particularly care about. This game however is actively becoming not some top #1 GOAT, but it is pushing its way into the category of what I would consider my favorite games, it's a large list but that doesn't displace anything else. 

It plays very well, it's well written and acted, the environmental layout is incredible and I actually feel something for the characters. It's a solid 9/10 game in my eyes.

But it's still an 8/10 flop 

P.S. @Remij_ You need to flip the flop, it's good. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kidding, it's an excellent game.    The first one didn't grasp me, maybe it has to do with missing its window of relevance but it just didn't capture very much of my interest. The way I look

LOL.... I'm gonna be making a thread... don't you worry... and I don't think ya'll are going to like what I have to say

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Shit I don't know, it feels like I've been playing for like 10. 

Ohhhh I had a feeling. I would hold the review until you complete it. 

One tip: 

Spoiler

It’s going to feel like it went to complete shit before getting utterly badass. I almost stopped playing. 

I never had any expectations for this one since I never played the first and really wasn’t even going to play it till like 2 weeks ago. Even then I thought I wouldn’t like it but so far it’s a hell of a lot better than I ever expected. I already know the spoilers so I don’t think there’s really anything left to disappoint me unless the gameplay starts becoming repetitive and boring 

I’m after the theatre and I just

Spoiler

Hit the 2nd flashback with Joel’s brother 

8 minutes ago, Delita said:

I never had any expectations for this one since I never played the first and really wasn’t even going to play it till like 2 weeks ago. Even then I thought I wouldn’t like it but so far it’s a hell of a lot better than I ever expected. I already know the spoilers so I don’t think there’s really anything left to disappoint me unless the gameplay starts becoming repetitive and boring 

I’m after the theatre and I just

Reveal hidden contents

Hit the 2nd flashback with Joel’s brother 

so if i ever played it (and I might), I'd be just like you. skipping the first minues 1-3 hrs not a fan. but edgning to get in on the fun.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LOL.... I'm gonna be making a thread... don't you worry... and I don't think ya'll are going to like what I have to say :francis:

I stopped playing and I’m waiting for that thread :aitch: 

:kaz:

20 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Kidding, it's an excellent game. 

The first one didn't grasp me, maybe it has to do with missing its window of relevance but it just didn't capture very much of my interest. The way I look at this situation is like this, The Terminator and Terminator 2. The Terminator is hailed as a GOAT film, and while I agree it is good its period of relevance was before my time. Terminator 2 on the other hand was much bigger with far higher production values and overall a better film, and I was there from square one. 

That's the way I see these games, the first one is admittedly good but there's no sparks there between me and it. I can respect it but it's not something I particularly care about. This game however is actively becoming not some top #1 GOAT, but it is pushing its way into the category of what I would consider my favorite games, it's a large list but that doesn't displace anything else. 

It plays very well, it's well written and acted, the environmental layout is incredible and I actually feel something for the characters. It's a solid 9/10 game in my eyes.

But it's still an 8/10 flop 

P.S. @Remij_ You need to flip the flop, it's good. 

Holy shit, this guy is capable of something other than:

XBOX NUMBA ONE :brett:

This thread kinda reminds me of Terminator 2 actually, as per your OP. If you watch the directors cut, half way through the film they take his chip out to reset him and he becomes capable of learning and emotion. Is that what has happened here? 

:mj:

9 minutes ago, Cell said:

Holy shit, this guy is capable of something other than:

XBOX NUMBA ONE :brett:

This thread kinda reminds me of Terminator 2 actually, as per your OP. If you watch the directors cut, half way through the film they take his chip out to reset him and he becomes capable of learning and emotion. Is that what has happened here? 

:mj:

eh, i would wait for his review of the full title (he wrote this near the end of the first half). the second half is tough to get into imo. however, the payoff was worth it. others may feel differently. the gameplay/level design have been universally praised, but i can see the story being very polarizing, i personally felt the execution of certain plot points were weak, but it all came together better than i expected. 

Edited by -GD- BLM
5 minutes ago, -GD- BLM said:

eh, i would wait for his review of the full title (he wrote this near the end of the first half). the second half is tough to get into imo. however, the payoff was worth it. others may feel differently. the gameplay/level design have been universally praised, but i can see the story being very polarizing, i personally felt the execution of certain plot points were weak, but it all came together better than i expected. 

I literally know nothing story wise, not sure what the hell to expect now. Renovating my living room in my house which is where my playstation lives so I've got about two weeks left before I play it. I've never disliked anything ND have made. It has crossed my mind that perhaps they've pushed something too far, hard to say without knowing what that 'something' is. 

:lupe:

49 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LOL.... I'm gonna be making a thread... don't you worry... and I don't think ya'll are going to like what I have to say :francis:

Can't blame you. I enjoyed the game but the story is awful.