Microsoft continues to flop: Plug gets pulled from Mixer, moving to Facebook Gaming :rofl:

:D 

Microsoft is closing its Mixer service on July 22nd and plans to move existing partners over to Facebook Gaming. The surprise announcement means Mixer partners and streamers will be transitioned to Facebook Gaming starting today, and Microsoft will no longer operate Mixer as a service in a month’s time.

Microsoft has struggled to reach the scale needed for Mixer to compete with Twitch, YouTube, and even Facebook Gaming which has led to today’s decision. “We started pretty far behind, in terms of where Mixer’s monthly active viewers were compared to some of the big players out there,” says Phil Spencer, Microsoft’s head of gaming, in an interview with The Verge. “I think the Mixer community is really going to benefit from the broad audience that Facebook has through their properties, and the abilities to reach gamers in a very seamless way through the social platform Facebook has.”

Microsoft is partnering with Facebook to transition existing Mixer viewers and streamers over to Facebook Gaming in the coming weeks. On July 22nd, all Mixer sites and apps will automatically redirect to Facebook Gaming. Existing Mixer Partners will be granted partner status with Facebook Gaming, and any streamers using the Mixer monetization program will be granted eligibility for Facebook’s Level Up program. Mixer viewers with outstanding Ember balances, channel subscriptions, or Mixer Pro subscriptions will receive Xbox gift card credit.

TL;DR: Microsoft  :D 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It was too late in the game, great service but Twitch had already fully established itself. 

Deeno1.png.c31ba719c62d2a26ca68accd1d822d96.png

Deeno2.thumb.png.9f76f0d9a7398c089393ed765268471e.png

:woody:

• Haha 1
  • dead 2
36 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It was too late in the game, great service but Twitch had already fully established itself. 

4 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Deeno1.png.c31ba719c62d2a26ca68accd1d822d96.png

Deeno2.thumb.png.9f76f0d9a7398c089393ed765268471e.png

:woody:

Ninja and those two other streamers that MS  spent almost $100 million on all three of them..... they can now go back to Twitch or where ever they like AND KEEP THE MONEY :lawl:

Edited by Goukosan

It was obvious this was coming when they pulled the Mixer tab from Xbox lol.

Sucks though.. Twitch needs a good competitor... but holy shit what a colossal waste of money.  They could have funded a AAA game with that money :francis: 

2 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

No idea what this even is

me neither but I assume it was a twitch-like platform. no idea why they thought they could go against twitch lol. typical MS failure. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Ninja and those two other streamers that MS  spent almost $100 million on all three of them..... they can now go back to Twitch or where ever they like AND KEEP THE MONEY :lawl:

No, they're transferring over to Facebook. None of this is a free venture, Microsoft is partnering with them.

• Sad 1
38 minutes ago, Liquid said:

LMFAO @ DynamiteTard

dyno can't stop losing :D   I like how people sometimes even acknowledge this gays opinion on anything like the TLOU2 thread he just made. just ignore this retard and hopefully he will go away

I think he won't cope with another ban. :D don't want blood on my hands.

3 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

dyno can't stop losing :D   I like how people sometimes even acknowledge this gays opinion on anything like the TLOU2 thread he just made. just ignore this retard and hopefully he will go away

I think he won't cope with another ban. :D don't want blood on my hands.

typical hermstink

• aitch 1
13 minutes ago, BLM Spico said:

typical hermstink

I had to ban him, he was getting on my nerves. But I take it easy on the forum. :ben:

51 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, they're transferring over to Facebook. None of this is a free venture, Microsoft is partnering with them.

They are free to go wherever, read up on it bro.  Facebook is not binding them exclusively. 

Microsoft Kills Mixer, Xbox Partners With Facebook, Ninja And Others Can Return To Twitch

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/06/22/microsoft-kills-mixer-xbox-partners-with-facebook-ninja-and-others-can-return-to-twitch/

59 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

me neither but I assume it was a twitch-like platform. no idea why they thought they could go against twitch lol. typical MS failure. 

Lemmings always think that because MS has so much fucking money they can buy themselves into anything and take over. This is like just about every other arena they decide to throw their hat in, pump money into and it flops.