A lot of SSDs that were out of stock are in stock right now.

Thought I'd let you all know. 

I almost picked up 4  NVMes from Crucial P1 1TB ($104.99 Cruicial.com or Amazon) and later looked at the Samsung 970 Pro 512GB ($149.99 Amazon) that the now cost the same price as my 960 Evo I bought in 2018.   

Then I realized I have a compulsive electronic buying disorder and emptied my cart.  :downs:

Edited by The Mother Fucker
18 minutes ago, Substatic said:

I've been buying regular ones 1gb ssd whenever they are like $60-70. Is there a big difference in speed vs those and NVME? 

I think you mean you buy 1TB ssds. 

the NVMe type M.2 SSDs speed range from 1100 - 3500 MBps read/write  (and the Newer PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSDs speeds are up to 4000-5000MBps read/writes)

SATA M.2 SSDs & regular 2.5" SSDs speeds only max at about 600MBps read/write.    Faster than traditional HDDs that are 150MB/s

I only buy the old SSDs now almost out of novelty they fill up my PC case.  They are good for being a boot OS drive over traditional HDDs, but the meat and potatoes of tech today is the M.2 NVME SSDs. 

55 minutes ago, James Skywalker said:

I guess the distributors are in a solid state, now.

Yea, those troubles are a distant memory now.  They finally got the cache to work at optimal speeds.

4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I think you mean you buy 1TB ssds. 

the NVMe type M.2 SSDs speed range from 1100 - 3500 MBps read/write  (and the Newer PCIe Gen4 NVMe SSDs speeds are up to 4000-5000MBps read/writes)

SATA M.2 SSDs & regular 2.5" SSDs speeds only max at about 600MBps read/write.    Faster than traditional HDDs that are 150MB/s

I only buy the old SSDs now almost out of novelty they fill up my PC case.  They are good for being a boot OS drive over traditional HDDs, but the meat and potatoes of tech today is the M.2 NVME SSDs. 

Crap yeah I meant 1TB.

Damn I shoulda did more research. I have a few SSD they are all just plain old regular ones.  I only keep up on GPUs.

How much faster load times does this translate to?

Edited by Substatic