Getting a new PC thread 2.0

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

word, I love those open boxes deals. :whew:

I'm strongly considering buying an open box of a Lian Li 011 Dynamic. But its a RAZR edition and its all black with alot of LED lighting.

Looks tacky, but theoretically, the motherboard is going to control all LED lighting, including the case which will plug into the motherboard. So I can turn it off, or I can set it to all white.

604016_904268_01_front_zoom.jpg

Regular versions of the Lian Li 011 Dynamic do not have any open box, and would cost $5 more.

• Haha 1

First time I seen RGB lights I thought who the fuck would want this rainbow shit all over there PC, before I realized you could set it to any color you want. :lawl:

• Ben 1
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm strongly considering buying an open box of a Lian Li 011 Dynamic. But its a RAZR edition and its all black with alot of LED lighting.

Looks tacky, but theoretically, the motherboard is going to control all LED lighting, including the case which will plug into the motherboard. So I can turn it off, or I can set it to all white.

Regular versions of the Lian Li 011 Dynamic do not have any open box, and would cost $5 more.

damn if only that tramp stamp wasn't in the center :deader: Lian Li cases are great though 

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

I have this case but not the razer shit on it :mjgrin:

The most research, and trouble that I've been having is what to do with a gaming monitor, because it just seems like there is no perfect gaming monitor for "next-gen" when it comes to desktop PC gaming.

This looks like its going to be the closest thing that checks all the boxes.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gn950-b-gaming-monitor

Its 27 inches, its 4K, its an IPS panel that has a fast-enough response time, it has enough HDR capability to be worth a damn (HDR600), and its got G-sync/Freesync capability up to 160Hz.

And, more importantly, its the only one that has a firm release window in the US (Acer and Asus are show off new monitors that never come out for years).

I just hope it doesn't cost more than $700.:francis:

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

The most research, and trouble that I've been having is what to do with a gaming monitor, because it just seems like there is no perfect gaming monitor for "next-gen" when it comes to desktop PC gaming.

Its 27 inches, its 4K, its an IPS panel that has a fast-enough response time, it has enough HDR capability to be worth a damn (HDR600), and its got G-sync/Freesync capability up to 160Hz.

And, more importantly, its the only one that has a firm release window in the US (Acer and Asus are show off new monitors that never come out for years).

Yup,   buying the rig pieces is the easy/simple as fuck.  The peripherals is where it gets annoying because it's more about what fits you physically.  Countless keyboard/mice and then monitors is a nightmare as all seem to have their own little issue.

There is a new line of Samsung ones (Odyssey) coming next month. They are VA, but heard they are not bad for a VA. $700 for the 27", and goes up from there.

I wish there was more FALD options.

Edited by Substatic

I think I just bought an LG B9 OLED at a Best Buy.

I think..........THINK, I've done enough research to confirm that it should be capable of doing everything that I would want it to do.

LG updated its firmware to be to be Gsync compatible.  LG B9 does have HDMI 2.1 ports.

Currently, the LG B9 cannot display 4K resolutions at more than 60Hz because nVidia RTX 2000 cards only have HDMI 2.0b ports, its an issue of bandwidth. The video cards need to have HDMI 2.1 ports to THEORETICALLY be able to output 4K upwards of 120Hz.

Apparently there was a rumor that it can only handle HDR at 60Hz, but on a HDTV testing website I found, they said they spoke with LG engineers and confirmed that it could handle 4K @120Hz in HDR, but "However, due to the lack of true HDMI 2.1 sources at the moment, there is no way we could verify their claim."

So, assuming that nVidia releases RTX 3000 video cards with HDMI 2.1 ports:

-OLED

-HDR

-Gsync

-Low-latency gaming mode. (Instant Game Response set to Auto in the settings menu)

-Black Frame Insertion

I just can't drop fucking $600+ on a gaming monitor just to be a monitor on the PC. I might as well put that money towards a tv that will be used for PC gaming, console gaming, movies, and television.

Edited by jehurey
On 2020-06-25 at 12:54 PM, jehurey said:

Looks dope. 

I've always wanted one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-90LM03S0-B01170-Percent-FreeSync-AuraSync/dp/B083RV6TZ6/ref=asc_df_B077831TBZ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310818959688&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15293272909404111581&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007410&hvtargid=pla-446106648234&th=1

I wonder if its worth that money though, might just be ASUS snake-oil.

2 hours ago, Cell said:

I spent $800 on my current ASUS monitor and still regret it. It had all the bells and whistles at the time including 165hz capability, but I never even came close to being able to play games at that refresh rate. Their monitors are good but its pointless to spend the extra $ on features you won't really be able to make use of.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I spent $800 on my current ASUS monitor and still regret it. It had all the bells and whistles at the time including 165hz capability, but I never even came close to being able to play games at that refresh rate. Their monitors are good but its pointless to spend the extra $ on features you won't really be able to make use of.

RTX 3000 video cards and DLSS can make that possible.

Maybe not 165Hz or 144Hz, but potentially over 90Hz. But taking a 1080p or 1440p image and using DLSS 2.0 to upscale it to 4K, it will look every bit as sharp as a native 4K image, be able to turn on the ray-tracing bells and whistles, and have a fairly high framerate.

There's even rumors of a future DLSS 3.0 algorithm that is significantly more efficient than DLSS 2.0, and its supposed to be releasing with the new line of nVidia video cards. That means turning on all the bells and whistles while generating a 4K image, while getting fantastically high framerate when playing major AAA production games like Cyberpunk.