Getting a new PC thread 2.0

fuck............i think i do know another spot where I can place my computer where it would make sense and wouldn't have to move stuff around.

fuck it.............i think I'm going to get the Lian Li 011 Dynamic, I was even considering the XL, but I don't need that big.

but now I have to start researching into liquid cooling and radiators. damn.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

By the way, the GamerNexus youtube channel is an absolute must-subscribe. They guys are like Anadtech/HardOCP/TechReport when it comes to their comprehensive testing, except they're doing it all on Youtube.

Feels very old school meets modern day PC Enthusiast Website. They also have a website with articles.

I wasn't going to mention him, but since you did.

What's crazy is right after I did my FX-8300 testing, GN and the other Steve on Hardware Unboxed did their own FX in 2020 testing. 

Our tech brains must have all linked.

Can't think of any subject that wouldn't be more perfect for this thread.

Lian Li's new line of LED fans is releasing soon, and they have invented a new way to be daisy-chained to one another without the use of excess power cables.

I've only read one review so far, but they like it, and newegg is offering it for pre-order and already offering $10 off its original listed price for the 3-pack that also comes with its LED controller.

I'll keep on reading more reviews, because I want to see if they're good fans to use, in general. Hopefully they don't make much noise and move good amounts of air.

But, I am already getting a Lian Li case, might as well get some matching Lian-Li fans to go along with it.

wcJJNpZTREEK8tnr7ZoDVF-1704-80.jpg

Edited by jehurey
24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Can't think of any subject that wouldn't be more perfect for this thread.

Lian Li's new line of LED fans is releasing soon, and they have invented a new way to be daisy-chained to one another without the use of excess power cables.

I've only read one review so far, but they like it, and newegg is offering it for pre-order and already offering $10 off its original listed price for the 3-pack that also comes with its LED controller.

I'll keep on reading more reviews, because I want to see if they're good fans to use, in general. Hopefully they don't make much noise and move good amounts of air.

But, I am already getting a Lian Li case, might as well get some matching Lian-Li fans to go along with it.

wcJJNpZTREEK8tnr7ZoDVF-1704-80.jpg

I mentioned it to Twinnut long ago in this thread.

On 2020-07-17 at 9:56 PM, HALOmij said:

A lot of the new fans now also have daisy chaining as well.  Meaning only one cable connected to the header and then the fans slot into each other and are powered from the one cable.

It's so much easier/better now.. lmao I dunno what the hell he's complaining about :shrug: 

For all the money that people will be pouring into their PC, it doesn't really mean much if you don't have the final part of the process where the pixels are rendered onto the screen for your eyeballs.

the state of PC gaming monitors are really quite a joke right now. They just don't cut it, especially for the prices that they ask for.

The color, the response time, the black levels, at the true next-gen resolution, with G-sync/Freesync/HDMI 2.1 VRR all available.

If you're gonna do things, you might as well do them right. 

LG 2020 OLED CX 55" is on special this week at Best Buy for $1500. (certain My Best Buy members, get $50 off that price).

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-cx-series-oled-4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6401851.p?skuId=6401851

Edited by jehurey
13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

For all the money that people will be pouring into their PC, it doesn't really mean much if you don't have the final part of the process where the pixels are rendered onto the screen for your eyeballs.

the state of PC gaming monitors are really quite a joke right now. They just don't cut it, especially for the prices that they ask for.

The color, the response time, the black levels, at the true next-gen resolution, with G-sync/Freesync/HDMI 2.1 VRR all available.

If you're gonna do things, you might as well do them right. 

LG 2020 OLED CX 55" is on special this week at Best Buy for $1500. (certain My Best Buy members, get $50 off that price).

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-55-class-cx-series-oled-4k-uhd-smart-webos-tv/6401851.p?skuId=6401851

Using that for a pc would be silly. That said, this high end gaming monitor from LG sounds pretty sick

https://www.amazon.com/LG-27GN950-B-Ultragear-Response-Compatibility/dp/B08BCRYS6B/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ultragear+27gn950&qid=1598280252&sr=8-3 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Using that for a pc would be silly. That said, this high end gaming monitor from LG sounds pretty sick

https://www.amazon.com/LG-27GN950-B-Ultragear-Response-Compatibility/dp/B08BCRYS6B/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ultragear+27gn950&qid=1598280252&sr=8-3 

Their newest ultrawide is also pretty sick if you're into 21:9 which IMO is the bestest. I wanted to get it but keeps going out of stock.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-ultragear-34-ips-led-ultrawide-hd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatible-monitor-with-hdr-black/6415809.p?skuId=6415809

Since I am serious about playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my OLED and Dolby Atmos speaker setup, and I do not know if the game is designed around Controller or if Keyboard/Mouse amplifies the experience because its in first-person and its supposed to be an RPG, I have to think about having a Keyboard and Mouse in front of the TV.

So I ended up buying a Corsair lapboard:

61aOsJPBNcL._SL1500_.jpg

Now the problem is that, I have bought a perfectly fine wireless mouse, Logitech G305 Lightspeed

6214344cv12d.jpg

But I am not buying the Corsair wireless keyboard that is designed to fit in that lapboard. Its too expensive (like 150 bucks), and it didn't appear to review very well.

So now I am trying to find a wireless (bluetooth preferrably) tenkeyless keyboard that is supposed to fit within that open area on the left (which is supposedly 366mm x 173mm x 41mm)

I'm looking at Keychron wireless mechanical keyboards.

Edited by jehurey
50 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Cyberpunk is designed around consoles, it will likely feel better on a controller.

Anyway, in other news I finally got a new SSD from gigabyte and so far its working like a charm.

:cosby2: 

it will definitely play better with a keyboard and mouse, this is not only a RPG but also a FPS.

Just now, kazi of Skalitz said:

:cosby2: 

it will definitely play better with a keyboard and mouse, this is not only a RPG but also a FPS.

A controller is simply more comfortable for the majority of multiplat FPSs nowadays. The only exception to that lately was probably Doom Eternal.

Just now, Twinblade said:

A controller is simply more comfortable for the majority of multiplat FPSs nowadays. The only exception to that lately was probably Doom Eternal.

fuck off negga, thats bullshit :tom:  :camby:

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Samsung has released their pricing for their upcoming PCI 4.0 SSDs.

mKCf6TO.png

I was hoping the 1TB would be right at $200. But either way, its a much better deal than settling for the 512GB at fucking $150.

Hopefully that means its going on sale on their store soon.

EDIT: The listing is on the store page, but there's no option to buy yet.

Edited by jehurey
On 2020-08-28 at 4:18 PM, Twinblade said:

For FPS/most TPS/MMO/MOBA/RTS/TBS/ARPG/CRPG/most WRPG/Sim the kb/m is best by miles in every category ever or at least better than controller in every way. Forget the fact that a mouse is objectively several times  far smoother and precise for any shooter or first person game for viewing (making it more comfy no matter what you say, especially with a light weight ergo).......Clicking panda switches on my KB feels several times better than any controller button I've used and I've used all major ones.  And It has several times more of them.

Controller is no doubt good for some genres, but with a great mech switches and great mouse its hard to even use controller on some of those again.

What a joke of a post.

Edited by Substatic
1 hour ago, Substatic said:

For FPS/most TPS/MMO/MOBA/RTS/TBS/ARPG/CRPG/most WRPG/Sim the kb/m is best by miles in every category ever or at least better than controller in every way. Forget the fact that a mouse is objectively several times  far smoother and precise for any shooter or first person game for viewing (making it more comfy no matter what you say, especially with a light weight ergo).......Clicking panda switches on my KB feels several times better than any controller button I've used and I've used all major ones.  And It has several times more of them.

Controller is no doubt good for some genres, but with a great mech switches and great mouse its hard to even use controller on some of those again.

What a joke of a post.

You went back and replied to a post I made a month ago. How bitter can you be? 

And you're still wrong btw.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You went back and replied to a post I made a month ago. How bitter can you be? 

It was in the first post above the latest bump, which was today

Stop taking everything so personally.

10 hours ago, Twinblade said:

And you're still wrong btw.

You are wrong on an objective level, KB/M is factually better for shooters. 

I understand you "prefer" controller for them, but that's like "preferring" 30 and 60 hz/fps over 120 and 144 hz/fps (Which many console cucks claimed last gen for "teh cinematic experience").  You might like it more, but it's factually worse in every way.

Edited by Substatic

I'm thinking about the controller situation now.

I was originally thinking that I could just ebay my 1st gen Xbox Elite Controller for hopefully something that approaches $100, and then buy the 2nd version of the Elite controller.

But now I don't know if I the new Xbox console controller has any meaningful updates. They do say that it has easy pairing between multiple devices, which might be helpful.  My motherboard will have a bluetooth connection that comes with its own external antennae.

So I want the controller to be bluetooth, I could still use the existing Elite and that really long cable they provide. Or maybe I should hold off until they make an inevitable 3rd version.