Getting a new PC thread 2.0

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I literally just tried and it got added to my cart... but wouldn't go through.. FUCK

This may not work right now. But in the future try this:

For those that were stuck on Checking Out, you needed to add to cart and then book it to your quickcart: https://store.nvidia.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=en_US&SiteID=nvidia&id=QuickBuyCartPage

For future reference

Best Buy has even sent out emails about demand for the video cards:

Update about NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series.

Demand for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards* remains extremely high. We are continually working to secure more graphics cards, but inventory is still very limited.

For customers like you who signed up for "Notify Me," we will continue to send out notifications as inventory becomes available. However, notifications will take longer than expected to receive, and we anticipate in-stock product to sell out quickly once emails are sent out.

We apologize for the frustration, and thank you for your patience.

This is quite exceptional demand. I don't think I've ever seen them send out an email for any other product like that, not even Nintendo or Sony/Xbox console related.

At least there will be a specific opportunity tomorrow, and hopefully the Newegg website will be able to handle traffic better, and they will do a better job fighting off the bots.

This is for the third-party card that would've been high up on my list:

Updated Time: AORUS RTX 3080 Master Launch on October 2, 2020 at 6:30 PM PST at Newegg

I am told that Newegg will be helping to monitor each order live during the live time frame to prevent bots.

Here is the early link that should go active at 6:00 PM on Friday October 2nd, 2020:

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16814137336

EDIT:

Europe is expected to have availability by end of next week 10/9. I'll update more if anything new comes my way.

Canada is expected to have availability in the next 2-3 weeks. Again I will send over any updates that come my way.

EDIT 2:

Latest update for the AORUS RTX 3080 MASTER will have 380W TGP available and GIGABYTE RTX 3080 VISION OC will have 370W TGP Available.

EDIT 3:

Another live update from the team, things looks to be delayed by 30 minutes so launch will go live at Newegg on October 2nd, 2020 at 6:30 PM PST.

4 hours ago, Alphonse said:

I sold the rtx 3080 I got for $1400, almost got another one today but that shit lasted like 15 before it sold out :dead: Hoping asus releases the strix soon 

what? Did you sell it at a profit?

because if 3080's can be re-sold for double, then I might still keep my Adorama backorders active and then decide which one I want to keep and sell the other one to help cover the cost of both video cards.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

what? Did you sell it at a profit?

because if 3080's can be re-sold for double, then I might still keep my Adorama backorders active and then decide which one I want to keep and sell the other one to help cover the cost of both video cards.

I literally saw one get sold the other day for $4000. If anything Alphonse might have priced his too low.

Congrats to you guys for being able to score them.  I seem to be always just a bit too late.  Gonna try again tomorrow to see if that info turns out correct.

Yea, if you've got other orders, I'd take them and sell them for profit.  You'll surely be able to.

@jehurey you're going to be set for Cyberpunk.  Especially if those 5000 series Ryzen CPUs make it out in time and you're able to get one.  It looks to be a massive increase in performance.  One that your 3080 will definitely take advantage of.

It seems Nvidia's store gets updates/shipments on Wed-Thurs.. so I'm going to keep alert those days especially.  Will try the quick checkout trick as well.

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I literally saw one get sold the other day for $4000. If anything Alphonse might have priced his too low.

I didn't want to go too high and risk these fools using the ebay crazy 30 day moneyback guarantee on me. 

16 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

just got the EVGA FTW3 3080 and a zotac before that, but I'm cancelling the zotac :kaz:

I could have easily had one by now if I would be ok with settling for a Zotac... but I'm not :hest: 

They're probably fine... but nah, FE, Asus, or EVGA for me.  I'll wait if I have to B) (and I'll have to :()

i was going crazy this past week with the Distill plug in for Chrome, running to my computer for every alert, and about 90% of all alerts were Best Buy, Newegg being buggy and the nVidia website purposely changing things to throw off bots.

Like, I really was living in a state of suspense for a whole week. Dragging my ass up early at 5:55am, 7:55am, 9:55am and staying on the computer refreshing to see if I catch a new stock drop.

Now that I have my order confirmed, I almost want there to be a COVID resurgence that shuts down the Semiconductor industry over in China and Taiwan again, and have nVidia announce that they won't be able to manufacture many GPUs. That's be very good for my upcoming ebay listings.

These AMD rumors are starting to make me a bit contemplative.

It makes me think that I should try to get my hands on an EVGA FTW3, because I'll be able to sign up for the Step Up program.

Gives me 90 days to pay the difference for a future EVGA video card if one were to come out.

I doubt I'd want to switch an RTX 3080 to an RTX 3070, but lets say that the Big Navi cards are competetive, EVGA will have a version of that video card before the end of the year.

And let's say that nVidia has other cards waiting in the even that Big Navi does beat the RTX 3080, like 3080 Supers, and they rush those out to release right after Big Navi.

With the Step Up program, I could theoretically just pay the difference in MSRP and trade-in the card for the newer one.