Getting a new PC thread 2.0

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, nitric said:

I'm in the StockDrop one and the bot seems to be a few hours behind :ben:

Ignore the bot, pay attention to the chat.  Usually if the bot is being triggered that means microdrops are happening, so it's good to pay attention to all the retailers. 

3 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Ignore the bot, pay attention to the chat.  Usually if the bot is being triggered that means microdrops are happening, so it's good to pay attention to all the retailers. 

Which chat? #suggestions?

11 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

See I tried to give you an out. 

A wise person would wait until both competing GPUs are out before passing judgement.

they gave a "sneak peek" by showing off framerates from two games, in which the 3080 beats it by like 7-10%

and we don't even know their ray-tracing abilities.

and this is not counting the fact that nVidia has DLSS to help achieve better performance.

On 2020-10-12 at 2:31 PM, jehurey said:

they gave a "sneak peek" by showing off framerates from two games, in which the 3080 beats it by like 7-10%

and we don't even know their ray-tracing abilities.

and this is not counting the fact that nVidia has DLSS to help achieve better performance.

7-10% in what? there's was only 3 benchmarks shown, and they matched 3080 in Boderlands 3.  No one is sure if the CoD:MW Benchmark uses RT, if yes then that's really good sign and would put that RX 6000 series card on par with the RTX 3090, if not RT then it beats the RTX 2080 Ti (3070) in that particular game.

Then Gears benchmark where it came up short but a few percentage points to the 3080.   But where is all 7-10% BS come from. 

To me it just sounds like you're talking about your rear and not at least waiting till the card is here.

We even don't know what SKU of Big Navi GPU that the benchmark, it could be RX 6700XT, RX 6800XT, or RX 6900XT.

On DLSS' ability to achieve better fake performance for nvidia.  I don't see what's so special about that? AMD has graphic upscaling through FidelityFX which has been available for sometime now for preferring gimmick upscaling over true image rasterization processing.  

I don't see why you would assume AMD Radeon team would not advanced FidelityFX further with Big Navi.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooooohhh yeah, finally.

the 360mm version of the Artic Liquid Freeze II CPU water-cooler has finally come back in stock.

The Newegg listing simple disappeared, but its in stock at Amazon. Immediately snatched one up.

Goddamn, and here in a week and a half, I'm gonna end up dropping $450 + taxes = about $500 on the new 5800X CPU

I think I need to start putting some of the extra things I bought on ebay to make some money back. Like the second 011 Dynamic PCMR that I purchased.

and, uh....that video card I picked up last month.:scsa:

Edited by jehurey

Fucking finally.

Corsair is now selling their specific 12-pin GPU cable for their RMx Power Supplies for the nVidia Founder's Edition card.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/12-pin-GPU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920274

Got one. And I think this may also be a highly sought after item.

3 hours ago, ChupacabraIII said:

you spent 20 dollars on something that works out of the box?

yup, because its a cleaner single cord that doesn't look as ugly. I want to have as little cabling as possible in that general motherboard area. Want the cabling neatly tucked in the crawlspace area behind it.

What games are you all playing? What settings/fps/resokution?

I got a new PC last year. Dont listen to these fags that say “wait” because no matter when you ask about upgrading people will always tell you to wait.

I don’t really play too many cutting edge games anymore I guess. Nothing that taxes the system. 

On mobile so I don’t have a link (look it up)  but apparently the 3080 isn’t enough to run Godfall at 4K smoothly because of the lack of VRAM. That’s a pretty bad sign considering that the new gen is only just beginning, who knows how much of a handicap it’ll be later on.