Getting a new PC thread 2.0

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

On mobile so I don’t have a link (look it up)  but apparently the 3080 isn’t enough to run Godfall at 4K smoothly because of the lack of VRAM. That’s a pretty bad sign considering that the new gen is only just beginning, who knows how much of a handicap it’ll be later on.

No, that's a pretty big sign that the developer of Godfall is a shitty developer.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

considering the type of game it is, they're clearly an inefficient use of memory occurring.

Who are you to say that?  You want more efficient use of memory?  Turn the textures down to high.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Who are you to say that?  You want more efficient use of memory?  Turn the textures down to high.

Who are you to say otherwise?

Unless you have alot of comparables for that type of game.

51 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The 5600X, when its overclocked to 4.8GHz....is performing better in gaming benchmarks than AMD's own 5950X????????????

That's what I've seen based on Tech Jesus' video. And the TDP is still around 100.

I'm pretty sure im gonna switch to a 5600x and either a high-end b550 or x570 board within the next month. Definitely before CP2077

On 2020-11-03 at 11:57 PM, nitric said:

The discrepancy between high and ultra is barely visible. Ultra is mostly for photomode  and screenshots. Best to play everything on high with max FPS.

lol this 10000%. I've used quantum computer shit toggling between high/ultra at friends. There is no difference at all. 

but it still depends on the game. 

2 hours ago, ChupacabraIII said:

That's what I've seen based on Tech Jesus' video. And the TDP is still around 100.

I'm pretty sure im gonna switch to a 5600x and either a high-end b550 or x570 board within the next month. Definitely before CP2077

This justifies my Artic Liquid Cooler II 360mm that I bought, and my 011 Dynamic Case is best used for water-cooling.

I'm gonna have fun overclocking the shit out of that.

Oh, apparently the Western Digital Black SN850 that released last month finally got around to being tested, and that already beats the Samsung 980 Pro in almost all speed benchmarks.

And, its already in stock at my local Best Buy down the street.  So, even thought the Phison E18 controller will result in better performance, I don't know if third-party manufacturers will be implementing that component in their SSDs and bringing them to market by the end of this month.

Guess I'm getting Western Digital.

Was able to get a 5600x for $260 at Amazon today (had some coupons that were about to expire). Not a bad deal. But that fucking thing comes in December 2nd. That's a while.... 

20 hours ago, jehurey said:

Oh, apparently the Western Digital Black SN850 that released last month finally got around to being tested, and that already beats the Samsung 980 Pro in almost all speed benchmarks.

And, its already in stock at my local Best Buy down the street.  So, even thought the Phison E18 controller will result in better performance, I don't know if third-party manufacturers will be implementing that component in their SSDs and bringing them to market by the end of this month.

Guess I'm getting Western Digital.

I got the SK Hynix 1TB NVME for $102 or something during Prime Day. I heard it's pretty good, I think.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sk-hynix-gold-p31-m2-nvme-ssd-review

Waiting for the Gen4 PCI4 ones to largely price drop in mid/late 2021 to get one of those in my other slot.

Edited by Substatic