Getting a new PC thread 2.0

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, nitric said:

This isn't common knowledge? :mjgrin: I have eight fans in my case and didn't use a single splitter. 

A lot of the new fans now also have daisy chaining as well.  Meaning only one cable connected to the header and then the fans slot into each other and are powered from the one cable.

It's so much easier/better now.. lmao I dunno what the hell he's complaining about :shrug: 

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I had no idea that CPU OPT could be used for chassis fans. The manual doesn’t clarify that so consider me not owned :mjpls:

:mjpls: 

how you think they're going to have AIO coolers with 2 or 3 fans, as well as 2 chassis fans?  cmon now :reg: 

Now go find that screw that was included with your motherboard... because it was with mine :reg: 

• Ben 1
3 minutes ago, nitric said:

This isn't common knowledge? :mjgrin: I have eight fans in my case and didn't use a single splitter. 

I wouldn't blame anybody for thinking CPU OPT might not be a usable case fan header.

This isn't even twinkie's first build and he still is fucking it up.

I did literally my first build like 2 or 3 months ago now and granted it took 8 hours-ish but holy shit I didn't run into as much trouble as you seem to be having with stupid shit.

You're having problems with your mobo that Remij has where apparently it isn't a problem.
You're having problems with your CPU cooler--the same one i have--and I can say that the clips are absolutely not a problem. In fact, I found them almost a little too tight when I first started messing with it.

Face it, Ruben, you're a world-class fuckup.

50 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I wouldn't blame anybody for thinking CPU OPT might not be a usable case fan header.

Complete noobs.. me neither.

Is Twinblade a complete noob though? :wonder: 

Regardless.. oh no.. had to spend $5 for a fan splitter... big whoop :D 

I'm more curious about the screw that apparently wasn't included with his, but was included with mine.  I bet that dumbass thinks it's not included because it wasn't screwed into any of the holes.. when it's actually in a clear plastic package in the box.... which the manual clearly states..

Edited by Remij (not a Lem cant help
46 minutes ago, Remij (not a Lem cant help said:

Complete noobs.. me neither.

Is Twinblade a complete noob though? :wonder: 

Regardless.. oh no.. had to spend $5 for a fan splitter... big whoop :D 

I'm more curious about the screw that apparently wasn't included with his, but was included with mine.  I bet that dumbass thinks it's not included because it wasn't screwed into any of the holes.. when it's actually in a clear plastic package in the box.... which the manual clearly states..

The manual says CPU OPT is a fan header for water cooling systems and implies nothing else. As someone who knows nothing about water cooling, how was I supposed to know those fans were interchangeable.

And did you not read my original post? The screw is there but its part of the stock heatsink. I see no way to remove it, making it useless if you're using a drive with its own heat sink

3060f52614641373311fcf5e16b9cf02.jpg

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The manual says CPU OPT is a fan header for water cooling systems and implies nothing else. As someone who knows nothing about water cooling, how was I supposed to know those fans were interchangeable.

And did you not read my original post? The screw is there but its part of the stock heatsink. I see no way to remove it, making it useless if you're using a drive with an existing heat sink

3060f52614641373311fcf5e16b9cf02.jpg

Dude... that's not the screw you use... that's for the heatsink...  There's a separate screw IN THE BOX (not attached to the motherboard) to screw the m.2 drive down.  If you have a drive with an existing heatsink... you simply remove the mobo heatsink and screw in the drive.....

cmon dude... this is the most basic shit possible...

• Haha 1

So theres a spacer that you have to screw in first, and THEN you layer on the M2 drive, followed by the final tiny screw that goes into the spacer. How the hell is the average person supposed to figure that out without googling it? :D the manual makes no mention of that whatsoever, and the stock heatsink was screwed in a completely different way which throws you off even further.

PC hardware manufacturers :cat:

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

the space behind the plate in which you would screw the motherboard onto. I guess its also refered to as the space for cable management.

So, I know alot of PC cases still have PSU's down in the bottom enclosed in its own section, so help keep the heat separate, but I'm looking at cases like these.

11-112-583-V21.jpg

They moved the PSU bay to be accessible only through the right-side panel.

11-112-583-V26.jpg

11-112-583-V23.jpg

I think its a great trade-off. Look at the PCI expansion slots to determine how far the motherboard sits.

And now look at the PCI slots in a computer that has the PSU sitting directly below the motherboard:

11-352-087-V84.jpg

I only seen Lian Li and Corsair Crystal cases with that look. 

Most other brands follow the traditional PSU mount directly at the bottom.

28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So theres a spacer that you have to screw in first, and THEN you layer on the M2 drive, followed by the final tiny screw that goes into the spacer. How the hell is the average person supposed to figure that out without googling it? :D the manual makes no mention of that whatsoever, and the stock heatsink was screwed in a completely different way which throws you off even further.

PC hardware manufacturers :cat:

Jesus man... you're hopeless... look how "hard" you make screwing in a standoff and drive screw in sound.. :cosby2: 

OMG so there's this spacer I HAVE to screw in... and THEN there's ANOTHER step of laying the drive on the stand off... FOLLOWED BY the final screw.. which I have to screw in for the drive....  

:mj: 

Yes there's a spacer... because every mobo manufacturer's placement of their drives and the height off the motherboard is different.. which is why its included with the motherboard and not the drives when you buy them.....

And yes... the manual DOES tell you to "get the screw and standoff from the included screw and standoff packs".....

Edited by Remij (not a Lem cant help
  • Haha 1