Microsoft to close nearly ALL of its stores, only 4 will remain open

I believe MS is a truly American company that stays true to its principles of fast reaction.

If it doesn't make money fast, then it is a failure.

A stark contrast compared to their Japanese rivals which focus on quality at the cost of sales in their first few years and then build themselves a name which they can profit for later.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

I believe MS is a truly American company that stays true to its principles of fast reaction.

If it doesn't make money fast, then it is a failure.

A stark contrast compared to their Japanese rivals which focus on quality at the cost of sales in their first few years and then build themselves a name which they can profit for later.

:D 

26 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think I've ever been to or even seen a Microsoft store. They're not needed so this totally makes sense.

Their intention was to compete with the Apple Store, and convince people to buy MS’ windows based products like W10 PCs and tablets instead. By closing the stores MS is basically giving up on that front, which is bad because OS X and Macs in general have been gaining popularity over the years and will continue to do so now that there’s less competition on the retail front.

20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Their intention was to compete with the Apple Store, and convince people to buy MS’ windows based products like W10 PCs and tablets instead. By closing the stores MS is basically giving up on that front, which is bad because OS X and Macs in general have been gaining popularity over the years and will continue to do so now that there’s less competition on the retail front.

Not really, they still sell their products everywhere so this doesn't matter.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, -GD- BLM said:

eh, smart move. the microsoft stores are always dead, yet the apple stores are packed. 

One is a hardware focused company, the other software.. MS doesnt really need a bunch of stores to sell what little hardware they do.  If they still had phones and they were very popular it would be different.  Surface devices alone aren't enough.

Just now, Remij_ said:

One is a hardware focused company, the other software.. MS doesnt really need a bunch of stores to sell what little hardware they do.  If they still had phones and they were very popular it would be different.  Surface devices alone aren't enough.

exactly. 

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

LOL, First Samsung, now Microsoft... copy Apple and you’ll look like a fool. :juggle:

Everyone looks like a fool eventually.

Everyone copies each other, too.

Edited by James Skywalker
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think I've ever been to or even seen a Microsoft store. They're not needed so this totally makes sense.

Microsoft threw themselves into the touch OS field and it didn't pay off. They probably felt an experience store would help but unlike Apple, MS doesn't have any mistique and people don't give a shit about touchscreens on laptops or monitors. 

The Microsoft store in Midtown is always dead. People don't even go in there to avoid the rain. 

The Samsung store is equally pointless but ad the very least is a fun experience and they utilize the space well. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There’s on the U Village in Seattle. Seems like an apple stote. 

Shitty move on MS, just like with Mixer, in not telling the employees. They found out this same way they lost their jobs. I’d never want MS as my employer. 

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

LOL, First Samsung, now Microsoft... copy Apple and you’ll look like a fool. :juggle:

Company gave me an Apple iphone SE.

People go nuts over this shit?

OS seeme like it was designed for kids with ADD and nothint has changed from 2010. I had an ipod touch back then.