Modern gaming is so bad

I've gotten to the point that I play ONLY play games before 2007. Because I know the quality at least will be good/fun/interesting/addicting if it's rated high.  Been having a blast on my N64 emulator lately. 

What's sad is that those of you who will "attack" me for playing 10/20 year old games...don't realize that you are also playing the same thing (rehashes), just with "better" (imo not) graphics. Same gameplay mechanics, same storyline ideas, etc. all rehashed today.  

The facts  speak for themselves. The highest seller on STEAM is a 15 year old PS2 game (persona 4) and you are all hyping remakes like RE2, FFV7. YouTube videos of Ocarina of Time, etc. have people begging for modern "remasters", as if they have nothing else to look forward to lol. Unfortunately, modern gaming has reached such a low point that they completely screw up even the remakes. 

RE2 and ffvii play nothing like the original games from 20 years ago that they might as well be new games. Also, PolishTrash 2077 is not a remake or like a game from 20 years ago which is the most hyped gane this year :bena:

Edited by Delita

Yep here I am with my 200 system Launchbox collection and yet to touch it. The fun is having it all. Thanks to emulators on dreamcast as a kid I found out about so many genesis and snes games. Everything feels like rehashed crap. I have to admit I don't even feel excited about FF7 remake anymore. Botw was on an emulator too :aitch:

I've been having the itch to hook up my ps3 to play some old games and shelve my Xbox One but there are still old Xbox originals that I want to beat.

But yeah, modern gaming sucks.

If it isn't a shitty ww2 or modern fps with lootcrates, then it is the typical shitty openworld game with padded gameplay and one basic template spread across 5 games ( I am looking at you Ubishit).

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

I also play older games, but still enjoy new games. 

Switzerland doesn't exist in the SW realm. :denzel:

But yes, also this.

4 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I don't get people that don't play old games. It's like only watching new movies or only listening to new music :holeup:

Imagine growing up as a stupid iPhone kid :mj: 

I feel sorry for kids now... they need to be given a NES and SNES and brought up on the greats :francis: 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Imagine growing up as a stupid iPhone kid :mj: 

I feel sorry for kids now... they need to be given a NES and SNES and brought up on the greats :francis: 

everytime I babysit my nephew I make sure he plays some of the classics :melo:

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I don't get people that don't play old games, it's like only watching new movies or only listening to new music :holeup:

Just don't tell these people that, at some point, those "old" games were new. And that at some point, current games will be considered "old.' 

Difference is people will still play classics like OOT, SM64, Banjo, etc. but won't give a rats ass about Gears of War 7 :lawl: 

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

Just don't tell these people that, at some point, those "old" games were new. And that at some point, current games will be considered "old.' 

Difference is people will still play classics like OOT, SM64, Banjo, etc. but won't give a rats ass about Gears of War 7 :lawl: 

Or most of the Sony shit that came for ps4.

Do you see anyone still playing Uncharted 4 in 10 years?

Hell, most of them don't even talk about it now. :kaz:

14 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Or most of the Sony shit that came for ps4.

Do you see anyone still playing Uncharted 4 in 10 years?

Hell, most of them don't even talk about it now. :kaz:

I see nobody playing a single game from this gen in 10 years, except possibly 1-2 titles from the Switch. 

Gaming now appeals to the lowest common denominator. It used to be a nectar of the Olympian gods.