Speed-running losers are faking their "skill"

At least 50% of those speedrunners are cheating or being deceptive. They pre-record the video (after numerous failed attempts), They then use the pre-recorded footage, and add in "live" commentary, as if it's happening live. Some outright use cheats/scripts. Others splice their vids. Many have been caught red handed.  

This also applies to many video walkthroughs. I watch the videos and find their commentary so cringe because it's designed to clearly "impress" the viewer. It is not a live game being played in most cases. 

7 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

At least 50% of those speedrunners are cheating or being deceptive. They pre-record the video (after numerous failed attempts), They then use the pre-recorded footage, and add in "live" commentary, as if it's happening live. Some outright use cheats/scripts. Others splice their vids. Many have been caught red handed.  

This also applies to many video walkthroughs. I watch the videos and find their commentary so cringe because it's designed to clearly "impress" the viewer. It is not a live game being played in most cases. 

But... they do it live all the time... they literally have multiple events per year where they perform these runs live... lmao

I'd say far less of them cheat than not.

The "adding in commentary" is done because most people don't commentate every aspect of their run as they play.. so commentary over previously played runs is a common practice because it's interesting to a large part of the community.

All the runs that are world records, are verified and counted per frame.  lol... I doubt any of them are cheating.  If you're talking about random shit on youtube by no-name people... yea, it's right to be skeptical, but even doing a little bit of research into the game or the runner will show you that it's not fake for the vast majority.

Edited by Remij_