The new Microsoft Edge browser from MS is really good

It's scary how much memory/space Chrome uses due to tracking all your cookies. 

I moved to Brave, an anonymous browser. It worked quickly and perfectly. Problem was, some sites wouldn't let you comment and others wouldn't load certain things just because you were using that browser. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

payed shill

Indeed. Both are garbage. 

That's still incredibly fishy.    That means your whole history is being stored by Microsoft, and someone can gain access. 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

It's nice to install a fresh copy of Windows and have Edge automatically detect everything, sync everything, and be the default browser and not even have to think about downloading a browser and then setting it up and yadda yadda.

All the extensions work and automatically sync, all my history and everything.  It's good stuff.  Why you wouldn't just simply use Edge now is beyond me.. 

so you're saying this browser detects and restores your entire previous history, even when you've deleted everything off your computer?

:ben: 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

so you're saying this browser detects and restores your entire previous history, even when you've deleted everything off your computer?

:ben: 

No... the browser syncs with your account that you log into.  You can choose to not sync if you don't want to. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

No... the browser syncs with your account that you log into.  You can choose to not sync if you don't want to. 

That's still incredibly fishy. 

That means your whole history is being stored by Microsoft, and someone can gain access. 

• Ben 1
Just now, SheepKilla said:

That's still incredibly fishy. 

That means your whole history is being stored by Microsoft, and someone can gain access. 

Well that goes for every browser period lmao..  You're not getting away from that.

Like I said.. you can choose NOT to sync anything or even use a profile..

So you moved to Brave... which is also based on Chromium... and is a completely unknown company...  Why would you think that's a good idea? :wonder: 

• Haha 1
Just now, Remij_ said:

Well that goes for every browser period lmao..  You're not getting away from that.

Like I said.. you can choose NOT to sync anything or even use a profile..

So you moved to Brave... which is also based on Chromium... and is a completely unknown company...  Why would you think that's a good idea? :wonder: 

Uhh, no. You are uploading your whole history to some Microsoft-owned server. If I reinstall windows, Chrome will have no way to restore jack shit, unless they got the NSA involved.

I had to stop using Brave because some websites stopped loading certain features. When I used it, it was by far the quickest browser I had. 

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

Uhh, no. You are uploading your whole history to some Microsoft-owned server. If I reinstall windows, Chrome will have no way to restore jack shit, unless they got the NSA involved.

I had to stop using Brave because some websites stopped loading certain features. When I used it, it was by far the quickest browser I had. 

ANY browser that you log into with an account... IE Chrome, FireFox, Edge, ect... ALL do that...

That's LITERALLY the point...  You sync your browser across all your devices that log into that account.  Google does it, MS does it, FireFox does it, ect ect...  You can choose what you want to sync and what you don't want to.

MS has your entire history too... regardless of what browser you use.. so long as you're using a Windows 10 PC :reg: 

7 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Most people use Chrome with their gmail accounts. If you were to log into chrome, It would likely restore all of your bookmarks and cached data even on a fresh windows build.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Most people use Chrome with their gmail accounts. If you were to log into chrome, It would likely restore all of your bookmarks and cached data.

Exactly.  Anything Google will even automatically sign you in, like Youtube for example.

When I moved to Edge the first time (a while back), I imported everything from Google and everything was all set up just as it was on Chrome.  Then I synced it with my MS account, and that was it.

Oh no.... big corporations that already have all my data might get my data... again :woo:

The features are too good and too convenient to not use them.  They can actually save your ass in some cases too.  I have everything set up for my phone to notify me if anyone attempts any log-ins to any accounts, and I have to allow them permission.  All that information is probably safer being stored on MS's and Google's servers than it is me typing it into my PC every time.

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

It's a part of the OS though... Edge is literally your only way to connect to the internet when you first install the OS... lmao.. so you shouldn't be THAT annoyed :reg: 

It's actually not the only browser. 

Deep in the confines of Windows 10 is still Internet Explorer. 

More integrated into the core of Windows than ever before, which is probably why it will never go away. 

I don't like Edge much either, like even less when I heard MS was going to ditch their own code in favor of Google open source. Now Edge is no different than the Chromium browser, a Chrome clone.  

14 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Lol MS auto not only installed this shit on my pc without asking, they have the nerve to pin it to my task bar with their giant ugly icon. MS fucking sucks. 

lmao whining because MS software is included in that MS software you bought :drake: 

5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

lmao whining because MS software is included in that MS software you bought :drake: 

I went to bed while working in photoshop and lightroom, so closed the lid and went to sleep. I open in the morning and the fucking thing had restarted. Luckily Lightroom picks up right where you left off, but photoshop isn't 100% with that. So I had to start that one over and some splashscreen comes up new Edge like anyone cares. At least with Apple OS, you get a dialog box that ask you if you want to update along with a description of what is being updated or added. LMFAO whining because I made fun of Microsoft. 

3 hours ago, Liquid said:

I went to bed while working in photoshop and lightroom, so closed the lid and went to sleep. I open in the morning and the fucking thing had restarted. Luckily Lightroom picks up right where you left off, but photoshop isn't 100% with that. So I had to start that one over and some splashscreen comes up new Edge like anyone cares. At least with Apple OS, you get a dialog box that ask you if you want to update along with a description of what is being updated or added. LMFAO whining because I made fun of Microsoft. 

I'm not whining because you made fun of MS.  What you said here is not what you said before lmao.  Edge was ALREADY on your PC...  What you're arguing about here is the fact that Windows updated when you didn't want it to, caused you some inconvenience... and updated Edge along with it.  That's a fair criticism.. that shit sucks when it happens.

There's a setting to Pause updates for 7 days though... and you can click it multiple times adding up to 35 days.... if you're working on anything important click it so you can be sure it wont ever update while you're working on your project.  You can also set your PC to not update during certain hours... like when you're sleeping and usually not using your computer....

Edited by Remij_
13 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Nice. I only experimented with it a bit on my current PC but it seemed really fast and slick, more so than Chrome. At the time I just assumed it would be a pain to transfer over all of my chrome stuff (i also use last pass and im not sure what the edge support is like for that).

Ill definitely try to make it my primary browser on my new build.

Lastpass works.. I believe that even worked when it was Edge.  but yeah I think the new Edge Chromium supports everything Chrome does with regards to extensions.

12 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Isn't their new browser built off of Chrome or uses Chromium or something? 

doubled checked and Yea Edge runs on the Chromium engine.  When I updated to the new edge my work programs thinks the new edge is Chrome. 

whats ure default browser? :reg: