Post your CrystalDiskMark results

4 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

waiting for my 1tb wd black sn750 to arrived

what do you have?

just a 970 Evo Plus 500GB

I was gonna get the 1TB, but this is primarily for just the OS, I figured I didn't need THAT much space.  When Samsung release the 980 Pro, that will be my gaming drive and I'll go 1TB for that.

I have a couple SATA SSDs as well, but I want to get maybe 3-4TB of those so I can get rid of this HDD.  I don't want any HDDs in this PC at all.  They take forever to spin up and move/copy files.  I can't deal with it any more.

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

just a 970 Evo Plus 500GB

I was gonna get the 1TB, but this is primarily for just the OS, I figured I didn't need THAT much space.  When Samsung release the 980 Pro, that will be my gaming drive and I'll go 1TB for that.

I have a couple SATA SSDs as well, but I want to get maybe 3-4TB of those so I can get rid of this HDD.  I don't want any HDDs in this PC at all.  They take forever to spin up and move/copy files.  I can't deal with it any more.

nice

I figure with this 1tb nvme and 500gb samsung 860 I should have more than enough for my gaming needs. I'll keep a 3tb hdd I already own for movies 

1 minute ago, Alphonse said:

nice

I figure with this 1tb nvme and 500gb samsung 860 I should have more than enough for my gaming needs. I'll keep a 3tb hdd I already own for movies 

Yea, the WD Blacks are damn good drives.  That'll do nicely.

It was the same thing for me, I basically have this HDD for all our media and shit, but I'm just getting tired of waiting for the drive to spin up and things taking quite a while to copy and move.  They're undeniably great as far as capacity is concerned.. but now SSDs (SATA) are getting high capacity enough that it just makes sense to retire the old HDDs once and for all.

Maybe connect it to the router as a NAS or whatever.. but as far as inside the PC, I'll be happy to be done with it.

• Like 2