Every Nvidia 20-Series GPU is capable of 4K/60fps in Death Stranding on PC with DLSS 2.0

https://www.pcgamer.com/death-stranding-dlss-2-4k-2060-performance/

https://www.pcgamer.com/death-stranding-on-pc-is-a-great-version-of-a-very-weird-game/

You can read Andy's Death Stranding PC impressions right now, but if you're already familiar with the title and just can't wait to play it on PC at high fidelity, we've got good news. According to an Nvidia press release, and backed up by preliminary data gathered by Jarred over at Tom's Hardware, Death Stranding was able to run at over 60fps at 4K on any RTX 20-series graphics card.

Even the entry-level RTX 2060 is capable of running at 77fps with DLSS performance mode enabled, Tom's reports. So it's not even a case of being close to the 4K60—it's smashing it.

In terms of performance, the game runs well on my PC. That's with an RTX 2080 Super, 16GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i7-9700K, running at 4K/60 fps. I've had no frame drops or frame pacing issues during play, and everything feels deliciously smooth and snappy. This is the first PC game to use Guerrilla's Decima engine, and it's an impressive showcase for it. Death Stranding uses performance capture and photogrammetry, the result of which is hyper-detailed characters (Mads Mikkelsen is scarily lifelike) and natural, realistic terrain. It's very handsome, and naturally, looks its best on PC.

Tom's Hardware also has an article up, they were able to test the game as well

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/death-stranding-pc-dlss-performance-preview

As far as image quality goes, playing the game with and without DLSS, I couldn't tell whether it was on or off without looking at the settings or framerate. I've even got screenshots taken with DLSS using both the quality and performance modes, along with no DLSS and TAA (Temporal Anti-Aliasing). The performance mode looks just a tad worse, though at higher resolutions it's far less noticeable. Against TAA, I think DLSS quality mode looks better, partly because TAA tends to over blur things.

Good shit.  Sounds like they've done a good job with this version.  This bodes well for Horizon: Zero Dawn too, which hopefully will support DLSS as well.

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

The lack of a DLSS alternative with AMD and consoles is painful.

The thing is.. its hard to say when or if they will either.  Nvidia has specialized hardware in the GPU for exactly this.. and they've poured tons of R&D into getting it to where it is.  Does AMD even have the capacity to focus on that stuff and create a ML model to do it?  Nvidia has been doing it for a long time and has quite an advantage with all this AI and deep learning stuff.

Series X has hardware support to accelerate INT4 and INT8 operations for AI  and they've put a lot of work into developing their own ML upscaling.. but since its actually using the shader cores, its taking precious resources from rendering performance... so there's a tradeoff.  PS5 doesn't appear to have any support just yet, but who knows?