5 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

What is there to not like? 

7000:1 contrast ratio vs. 3250:1 contrast ratio... That's the entire point, you've gone off the map into a tangent with your fucking stupidity. The Q90R has like an 11000:1 contrast ratio with local dimming, but its native ratio when this isn't operating is 3250:1... And in Game Mode local dimming is disabled so it operates at 3250:1... My KS8000 maintains 7000:1 whether in Game Mode or not, it doesn't matter, the ratio doesn't waver. 

Except not in real scenes.

Did you forget that part?

No..............your KS8000 does NOT maintain 7000:1 contrast, that's PEAK contrast, and not achieve in 'real scenes".

That's why RTINGS specifically measures contrast in "real scenes" and proves a measurement for that.

Did you honestly think I was going to forget the statistic I just posted TWO POSTS AGO????????????????

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

What is there to not like? 

7000:1 contrast ratio vs. 3250:1 contrast ratio... That's the entire point, you've gone off the map into a tangent with your fucking stupidity. The Q90R has like an 11000:1 contrast ratio with local dimming, but its native ratio when this isn't operating is 3250:1... And in Game Mode local dimming is disabled so it operates at 3250:1... My KS8000 maintains 7000:1 whether in Game Mode or not, it doesn't matter, the ratio doesn't waver. 

The Q90R is a far brighter screen than what you have though... which affects perceived contrast ratio.  Also, edge lit displays can appear more grey regardless of the contrast ratio.  It's not as clear cut as you'd think.

KS8000

ks8000-gray-5-percent-large.jpg

Q90R

q90r-gray-5-percent-large.jpg

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Event not in real scenes.

Did you forget that part?

No..............your KS8000 does NOT maintain 7000:1 contrast, that's PEAK contrast, and not achieve in 'real scenes".

That's why RTINGS specifically measures contrast in "real scenes" and proves a measurement for that.

Did you honestly think I was going to forget the statistic I just posted TWO POSTS AGO????????????????

Now you're trying to conflate the HDR testing with the panels native contrast ratio... HOW CAN ANYONE BE THIS FUCKING RETARDED...

Real scene testing is just from a stock video they pit across displays to get an general measurement of the HDR in function, it has nothing to do with the percentage peaks and ability to sustain them...

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The Q90R is a far brighter screen than what you have though... which affects perceived contrast ratio.  Also, edge lit displays can appear more grey regardless of the contrast ratio.  It's not as clear cut as you'd think.

KS8000

Q90R

That's gray uniformity, that's not a measurement of contrast ratio...

4 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Now you're trying to conflate the HDR testing with the panels native contrast ratio... HOW CAN ANYONE BE THIS FUCKING RETARDED...

Real scene testing is just from a stock video they pit across displays to get an general measurement of the HDR in function, it has nothing to do with the percentage peaks and ability to sustain them...

Unless you're planning playing PONG in HDR.........that is going to be your native HDR contrast.

No, it isn't "gray uniformity"  THat's a different section altogether.

You know this..................why are you pretending to play stupid, or are you just throwing TV technical terms at me in the hopes that it will obfuscate?

HDR brightness in "real scenes" is not better on the KS8000 compared to modern Samsung QLED. THat's a fact.

That's an OBSERVABLE fact:

Just now, jehurey said:

Unless you're planning playing PONG in HDR.........that is going to be your native HDR contrast.

No, it isn't "gray uniformity"  THat's a different section altogether.

You know this..................why are you pretending to play stupid, or are you just throwing TV technical terms at me in the hopes that it will obfuscate?

HDR brightness in "real scenes" is not better on the KS8000 compared to modern Samsung QLED. THat's a fact.

That's an OBSERVABLE fact:

No, that's quite literally gray uniformity... Stop talking idiot

wgRJZJa.png

GEjbd7S.png

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

No, that's quite literally gray uniformity... Stop talking idiot

wgRJZJa.png

GEjbd7S.png

No, its not:

QZWmLuN.png

This guy just tried MOVING OVER TO ANOTHER SUBJECT, and thought I wouldn't notice??????????

Remember..............you said that your tv would be better in game mode because "it won't lose and functionality" when switching over to low latency.

Your tv doesn't HAVE ANY PEAK BRIGHTNESS TO LOSE...............because its already quite low in "real scene" HDR peak brightness.

13 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Except that it's pertinent because LCDs without local dimming simply can't produce the deep blacks and they can't do it uniformly across the screen... which means that blacks look more like dark grey.  If your darkest black is a dark grey, then regardless of your measured contrast ratio you're not going to perceive a huge effective contrast in dark scenes.

There's a reason why FALD exists.

Look at the contrast comparison images:

KS8000

ks8000-contrast-large.jpg

Q90R

q90r-contrast-large.jpg

It certainly doesn't appear that one has 2x the contrast of the other, does it?

Again, the Q90R is a far brighter set in both SDR and HDR.

Edited by Remij_

Oh my god................do you know what those "gray uniformity" tests are supposed to be measuring?????

Dirty Screen Effect.

(DSE)

What...........in god's green earth............makes you think we were talking about that in the first place?  It has nothing to do with contrast between the darkest black it can output versus the the peak brightness.

Dude, you're making yourself look even worse here.

Just now, jehurey said:

Oh my god................do you know what those "gray uniformity" tests are supposed to be measuring?????

Dirty Screen Effect.

(DSE)

What...........in god's green earth............makes you think we were talking about that in the first place?  It has nothing to do with contrast between the darkest black it can output versus the the peak brightness.

Dude, you're making yourself look even worse here.

You're 100% retarded, the images Remij posted which I quoted HIM on, not your mongoloid ass, were from gray uniformity tests.

Please die in a small kitchen fire. 

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're 100% retarded, the images Remij posted which I quoted HIM on, not your mongoloid ass, were from gray uniformity tests.

Please die in a small kitchen fire. 

Dude............its not going to work. I have a memory.

You specifically tried to say that your KS8000 tv has an advantage in current Samsung QLEDs because you SUPPOSEDLY don't lose brightness or contrast when entering Game Mode with HDR.

You don't LOST any.................because you didn't have any meaningful amount of peak brightness or contrast to begin with.

Hence the midget analogy.

Listen, we all know that you're just trying to babble your way out..............and most of us already figured out about 12 posts ago that it wasn't going to work.

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Except that it's pertinent because LCDs without local dimming simply can't produce the deep blacks and they can't do it uniformly across the screen... which means that blacks look more like dark grey.  If your darkest black is a dark grey, then regardless of your measured contrast ratio you're not going to perceive a huge effective contrast in dark scenes.

There's a reason why FALD exists.

Look at the contrast comparison images:

KS8000

Q90R

Again, the Q90R is a far brighter set in both SDR and HDR.

You can't use a camera as a measurement of contrast, it's flawed from the onset and is not how any form of testing is done, this is just an example image to show a screen test. I mean for crying out loud you can see their reflections while they're taking the pictures. The actual measurement is based upon the blackest the screen can get versus the brightest it can possibly get, the KS8000 has a larger contrast swing, and since it can't get as bright as the Q90R that means it can get darker than it. 

You also have to remember that we're talking about Game Mode here, and that contrast image and testing is from the Q90R with local dimming, it doesn't have that capability in Game Mode... It has less than half the contrast of my display when Game Mode is enabled.

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Q90R Black Uniformity without FALD

Q90R with FALD

Having deep blacks is absolutely pertinent and important for PERCEIVED contrast... not simply measured.

You're getting as dumb as Jerry right now... That is with Game Mode disabled, that is with full local dimming capability... Outside of Game Mode it shits on my TV, with Game Mode on it pales in comparison because local dimming is disabled and with full array back lighting it blows out the lighting everywhere.. That's where that garbage 3250:1 native contrast ratio comes into effect.

Before you jump into an active conversation at least try to understand what is being talked about first...

You're are correct that the camera is not totally reflective of what is happening when viewing it with your bare eyes.

If you viewed it with your bare eyes, it would be MORE PRONOUNCED than what is captured with a camera.

The camera is not lying to you about which tv is displaying better than the other.......it just doesn't capture it to its fullest.

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're getting as dumb as Jerry right now... That is with Game Mode disabled, that is with full local dimming capability... Outside of Game Mode it shits on my TV, with Game Mode on it pales in comparison.

Before you jump into an active conversation at least try to understand what is being talked about first...

No your tv does not.

because you tv, in REALITY............with real scenes........only delivers  435 nits of peak brightness, because you don't have dark enough blacks to achieve a better contrast ratio.

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You can't use a camera as a measurement of contrast, it's flawed from the onset and is not how any form of testing is done, this is just an example image to show a screen test. I mean for crying out loud you can see their reflections while they're taking the pictures. The actual measurement is based upon the blackest the screen can get versus the brightest it can possibly get, the KS8000 has a larger contrast swing, and since it can't get as bright as the Q90R that means it can get darker than it. 

You also have to remember that we're talking about Game Mode here, and that contrast image is from the Q90R with local dimming, it doesn't have that capability in Game Mode...

Nah, that's native contrast without FALD.  They separated them.  FALD would have those blacks MUCH darker.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah, that's native contrast without FALD.  They separated them.  FALD would have those blacks MUCH darker.

No it is not, you've gone full retard. Jerry's video he posted a while back shows you exactly what happens to the contrast ratio when FALD is disabled, the entire image blows out with light everywhere, contrast tanks. 

I'll load up Horizon and go to that same scene with Game Mode enabled and it will be a night and day difference between my set and the Q90R. 

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're getting as dumb as Jerry right now... That is with Game Mode disabled, that is with full local dimming capability... Outside of Game Mode it shits on my TV, with Game Mode on it pales in comparison because local dimming is disabled and with full array back lighting it blows out the lighting everywhere.. That's where that garbage 3250:1 native contrast ratio comes into effect.

LMAO dude... I know exactly what the conversation is about.  You're the one that is getting defensive and taking things the wrong way... lmao.

I already fucking stated what you were speaking about in this very post RIGHT before all this........

Except YOU and I are NOT talking about Game Mode... we're talking about contrast ratios and what and how they affect what you see... and how your comparison isn't accurate.  You can't just look at a checkerboard image and measure contrast ratio and be done with it.  That's like looking at an SSD's sequential transfer speed and stating one drive is better than another simply because the number is higher...when in the real world it rarely ever works like that.

The pic of contrast ratio I posted are NATIVE contrast WITHOUT any local dimming.. so the point stands.