2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except the LED do not directly LIGHT the panel front BEHIND the panel like an ACTUAL BACKLIGHT would do.

That's why its called EDGE light.

The actual light coming from the back is being redirected by the DIffusion Filter sheet and the reflector panel.

And you know damn well that this is a different type of lighting that is INFERIOR to what REAL backlighting is.

Dude.............you need to stop playing stupid. You own a CHEAPER FORM OF LIGHTING on your television, probably the BEST edge-lit television that anybody could make.

But actual back-lit displays where the LEDs are DIRECTLY behind the LCD are a different technology.

They're not the same.

It doesn't matter HOW it's happening, it's still back lighting the LCD panel...

It's backlit... Holy shit...

:patpatpat:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Jw6r9Jv.gif

19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Cars classify engines by HORSEPOWER.................so cars are using HORSES, right?

I mean if that what they put as the header of that column............then it must be true, right?

That's last sentence is the chokehold in that gif. lnyxu won't be able to get out of it.

All I hear are taps and wheels spinning.

Wheels powered by horses, obviously. LOL

Just now, jehurey said:

All I hear are taps and wheels spinning.

Wheels powered by horses, obviously. LOL

image.png.c58be154143b114c99e0a417e58ad87b.png

Sony
image.png

Samsung

UuAWksm.png

LG

9VrwxcM.png

Vizio

image.png

You can't make this shit up. Jerry is that stupid. :hest: 

jerry giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It doesn't matter HOW it's happening, it's still back lighting the LCD panel...

It's backlit... Holy shit...

No, it does matter.

Not to mention the words matter as well.

Don't you think that for MARKETING PURPOSES, it would help the manufacturers to call Edge-Lit LED lighting "Direct Backlight" if they used your shitty logic.

"Well TECHNICALLY the Edge-Led sit a on a plane that's a couple of millimeters behind the LCD layer, therefore we should consider all of that to be one lighting source that exists DIRECTLY to the BACK of the LCD layer..............therefore we can call this "Direct Backlit LED" as well!!!"

They're get sued within weeks of releasing those displays for using that term.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Jw6r9Jv.gif

Cars classify engines by HORSEPOWER.................so cars are using HORSES, right?

I mean if that what they put as the header of that column............then it must be true, right?

That's last sentence is the chokehold in that gif. lnyxu won't be able to get out of it.

Its easy to keep the chokehold in place.

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

No, it does matter.

Don't you think that for MARKETING PURPOSES, it would help the manufacturers to call Edge-Lit LED lighting "Direct Backlight" if they used your shitty logic.

Well TECHNICALLY the Edge-Led sit a on a plane that's a couple of millimeters behind the LCD layer, therefore we should consider all of that to be one lighting source that exists DIRECTLY to the BACK of the LCD layer..............therefore we can call this "Direct Backlit LED" as well!!!

Sony
image.png

Samsung

UuAWksm.png

LG

9VrwxcM.png

Vizio

image.png

You can't make this shit up. Jerry is that stupid. :hest: 

jerry giphy.gif

Just now, lynux3 said:

Jw6r9Jv.gif

This one is powered by a "Butthurt display"

:kaz::kaz::kaz::kaz:

In jerry land, where the retards roam, edge lit TVs don't emit any light on an LCD matrix because the light output isn't being directed and diffused towards the viewer. :rofls: 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, it does matter.

"Well TECHNICALLY the Edge-Led sit a on a plane that's a couple of millimeters behind the LCD layer, therefore we should consider all of that to be one lighting source that exists DIRECTLY to the BACK of the LCD layer..............therefore we can call this "Direct Backlit LED" as well!!!"

Just like LED's are a different form of lighting source for an LCD as opposed to CCFL's, Edge-Lit is just a different form of back lighting as opposed to Full Array.

This isn't complicated. This is rudimentary, your brain is a web of absolute inductions in logic and total bullshit. 

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Just like LED's are a different form of lighting source for an LCD as opposed to CCFL's, Edge-Lit is just a different form of back lighting as opposed to Full Array.

This isn't complicated. This is rudimentary, your brain is a web of absolute inductions in logic and total bullshit. 

No..................its not.

ANd you just laid it out perfectly.

CCFL's and LEDs are a DIFFERENT TYPE OF bulb.

What we are talking about is the PLACEMENT of that bulb.

CCFL's originally existed DIRECTLY BEHIND the LCD layer. But the TV were too thick and grew too hot.

Then the CCFL's were placed on the edges. This helped on energy consumption (because there was literally less bulbs) but it affected the quality of lighting.

The same thing is happening here.

We are talking about PLACEMENT.

If a MARKETING TEAM COULD GET AWAY with calling it "Direct Lighting"...................they would absolutely 100% call it that.

But they can't, because it DOESN'T light the LCD directly.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

In jerry land, where the retards roam, edge lit TVs don't emit any light on an LCD matrix because the light output isn't being directed and diffused towards the viewer. :rofls: 

The light output is clearly inferior in quality.

That's why its a different type of lighting, and clearly does not qualify as an ACTUAL BACKLIGHT, because that would clearly imply DIRECT lighting.

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

fCMPMi5.png

Ah..................so now he's "Edge-Lit" Butthurting.

Instead of Direct-Butthurt.

Gotta give him props for still helping me explain the difference, through other creative means.

2 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

jerry doesn't give a shit if he's right or wrong, he wants to argue for the sake of it. 

No, if I felt that I were wrong, or being misleading, I'd probably be a troll that doesn't last long.

What happened here is that both me and Remij made Dynocrap feel embarass for his television coming off as inferior.

And at the tail end of last night's argument...........he desperately tried to say that his tv handles lighting the same way modern tv do backlight, and that "its all backlighting" (meaning its all the same).

If you're gonna bullshit that blatantly in front of me..........I'm going to make you regret it.

And luynsx is here because he's been bitchslapped by me before and he thought he found a winning argument to celebrate.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, if I felt that I were wrong, or being misleading, I'd probably be a troll that doesn't last long.

What happened here is that both me and Remij made Dynocrap feel embarass for his television coming off as inferior.

And at the tail end of last night's argument...........he desperately tried to say that his tv handles lighting the same way modern tv do backlight, and that "its all backlighting" (meaning its all the same).

If you're gonna bullshit that blatantly in front of me..........I'm going to make you regret it.

And luynsx is here because he's been bitchslapped by me before and he thought he found a winning argument to celebrate.

lol i dont care, still love ya, jehuty. :-*

In jerry land, where the retards roam, edge lit TVs aren't considered a type of backlighting even though they're emitting light behind the panel... as if it were a backlight. :rofls: 

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The light output is clearly inferior in quality.

That's why its a different type of lighting, and clearly does not qualify as an ACTUAL BACKLIGHT, because that would clearly imply DIRECT lighting.

:diplo: 

3 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

@Alphonse @Twinblade yo, seriously. Give this stupid motherfucker jerry a break. Jesus christ the last 5 pages have literally been the same 3 or 4 statements from the same 3 people and, as usual, its fucking jerry instigating and injecting his retardation into a topic with anyone willing to be a retard with him. 

except they're not actually making any meaningful argument, they're just re-posting their posts and pretending to laugh it off.

They're the ones trolling. I'm the one actually trying to uphold an argument.

I've pretty much explained LED lighting about 6 different times from 6 different sources...........that's not trolling, that's me actually trying to discuss something in a fair manner.

Not to mention that I didn't even create this tangent, Dynocrap did.

They're the ones who just make circular arguments.