4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They're trying to flame their way out.

And its not going to work.

Except its not behind the LCD layer...........its not in the back, its in the outer perimeter. You specifically said so yourself.

The diffuser and the reflector panel are what is directly back of the viewable LCD panel. But since the tv industry seems to only refer to the bulbs, then we must only talk about the fact that its on the outside of the viewable LCD layer.

You either know what "back" means............or you don't.

Outside in the perimeter is NOT "back".

It's not behind the LCD matrix he says... I guess these edge lit white LEDs are somehow producing colors. :ben: You just go on and keep digging that hole. :rofls:

Edited by lynux3
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

No the lights are most definitely in the back of the display...

No, they are outside the confines of the LCD layer.

and now this is where you rely on LAZY and OBTUSE interpretation in order to make your argument hold any water.

If you remove the diffuser and reflective panel..............how much of the LCD panel would you be able to see?:trump:

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's not behind the LCD matrix he says... I guess these edge lit displays are somehow producing colors. :ben: You just go on and keep digging that hole. :rofls:

You either under what "outside" means or you don't. Same as "back."

I love how you're now avoiding again.

Remove the diffusor filter and reflective panel from BOTH edge-lit LED and FALD televisions, which television will be more viewable?

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, they are outside the confines of the LCD layer.

and now this is where you rely on LAZY and OBTUSE interpretation in order to make your argument hold any water.

If you remove the diffuser and reflective panel..............how much of the LCD panel would you be able to see?:trump:

Yes, the LED's are outside of the confines of the LCD layer, they are not physically in the path of the panels frame if you were looking at it head on, but they're still BEHIND the LCD layer, and they illuminate from behind it...

They're the panel's backlight...

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Remove the diffusor filter and reflective panel from BOTH edge-lit LED and FALD televisions, which television will be more viewable?

You said the LEDs weren't behind the LCD matrix, not me. :mj: Also, I like how even you are veering from your own argument. 

Which one wookz betta :tear2:

Edited by lynux3

Yes, the LED's are outside of the confines of the LCD layer, they are not physically in the path of the panels frame if you were looking at it head on, but they're still BEHIND the LCD layer, and they illuminate from behind it...

They're the panel's backlight...

No, they don't illuminate the LCD layer.

The diffussor and reflective panel redirect the light to illuminate it.

That, as a whole module, is something that I would consider a "backlight" (module.

But the listing on the specs page is clearly referencing the LED bulbs, only.

And that only exist OUTSIDE on the perimeter, and it does not project light directly onto the LCD layer.

You know WHY this is an important distinction, because it changes the performance of a television.  It is disingenuous to conflate it all as one similar type of lighting. Which is what you were doing late last night.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You said the LEDs weren't behind the LCD matrix, not me. :mj: Also, I like how even you are veering from your own argument. 

Which one wookz betta :tear2:

And I still said it in that post you are responding to:

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

..............and again

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, they don't illuminate the LCD layer.

The diffussor and reflective panel redirect the light to illuminate it.

That, as a whole module, is something that I would consider a "backlight" (module.

But the listing on the specs page is clearly referencing the LED bulbs, only.

And that only exist OUTSIDE on the perimeter, and it does not project light directly onto the LCD layer.

You know WHY this is an important distinction, because it changes the performance of a television.  It is disingenuous to conflate it all as one similar type of lighting. Which is what you were doing late last night.

And I still said it in that post you are responding to:

..............and again

The LEDs are in the back of the housing behind the LCD matrix. :reg:

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

The LEDs are in the back of the housing behind the LCD matrix. :reg:

Yet they never point their light to the LCD layer.

Hence my question about what happens if you remove the diffusor and reflective panel.

By your logic, if that little red Power indicator light were to technically be positioned behind where the LCD layer is at, by your definition, it qualifies as being a "backlight"

Probably followed by 6 or 7 "hyuck" noises. :kaz:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yet they never point their light to the LCD layer.

Hence my question about what happens if you remove the diffusor and reflective panel.

By your logic, if that little red Power indicator light were to technically be positioned behind where the LCD layer is at, by your definition, it qualifies as being a "backlight"

Probably followed by 6 or 7 "hyuck" noises. :kaz:

You said it wasn't behind the LCD matrix so how is it producing RGB? 🤔 If it's not a backlight what's it called? 

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

You said it wasn't behind the LCD matrix so how is it producing RGB? 🤔 If it's not a backlight what's it called? 

I guess my 2016 Samsung TV must be an OLED, the pixels are illuminated themselves!

:drake:

Just now, lynux3 said:

You said it wasn't behind the LCD matrix so how is it producing RGB? 🤔 

By having the diffusor and reflective panel reflect and spread that light.

THeoretically that means that the LCD layer can be "sunken" by a matter of millimeters within the tv's bezel casing, and the LED lights, on the permeter, their circuitry boards could technically sit slightly ahead on that z-axis, and then the LED bulbs could be positions at down angle, but pointed a little towards the back, and still use the same diffusors and reflectors to help spread the light.

Its probably be terrible, but then again edge-lit LEDs are not winning any PQ awards from reviewers.

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I guess my 2016 Samsung TV must be an OLED, the pixels are illuminated themselves!

:drake:

Except I just referenced the diffusor filter sheet and the reflective panel.

Just now, ChupacabraIII said:

I've never hid that. The only person who is just realizing this is you, probably.

Probably because I don't give a shit.

And you just gave me a perfect reason to now care less about what you say.

Just now, jehurey said:

By having the diffusor and reflective panel reflect and spread that light.

THeoretically that means that the LCD layer can be "sunken" by a matter of millimeters within the tv's bezel casing, and the LED lights, on the permeter, their circuitry boards could technically sit slightly ahead on that z-axis, and then the LED bulbs could be positions at down angle, but pointed a little towards the back, and still use the same diffusors and reflectors to help spread the light.

Its probably be terrible, but then again edge-lit LEDs are not winning any PQ awards from reviewers.

The tom foolery continues. 

Just now, lynux3 said:

The tom foolery continues. 

Except you're the one who is relying on an OBTUSE definition of a term as the CRUTCH of their entire argument :drake:

You lost any right to lecture anybody on the usage of weak and half-assed viewpoints

You mean the other things including the LED's which are BEHIND the LCD?

:danylol:

Except the LEDs are OUTSIDE the LCD.

BOOYAH............you picked the correct word..........................BEHIND.

the LEDs do not sit BEHIND the LCD.............only the diffusor and reflective panel.

You either understand the word "outside" or you don't.

2 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

You mean other than objective truth :tom:

What objective truth.............that you're just a whiney bitch who decided to make two accounts for some reason that I apparently couldn't care about.

Go cry somewhere else.........the both of you. LOL