Next gen game prices going up

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First I've heard about this today, thanks.

All of this is falling into place perfectly for Microsoft, publishers begin to charge $70 for games, you can play anything they have to offer for $10-15 a month.    Change is coming.. 

You can't help yourself 

Posted Images

rofl imagine paying full price for video games :hest:  $60 for toys is already too much you faggits :tom: :tom: 

Edited by kaz BLackMage

PC has been kind of a lonely experience, even when I have been able to play multiplayer games that haven't been pirated lol. There's the issues of cheating. The crazy prices are pretty much why I went PC last gen

1 minute ago, roflpwnedz said:

PC has been kind of a lonely experience, even when I have been able to play multiplayer games that haven't been pirated lol. There's the issues of cheating. The crazy prices are pretty much why I went PC last gen

only garbo like cod warzone is infested with hacker fagggots :hest:  

Just now, roflpwnedz said:

but you still bought that fleshlight :happysad:

i wish i have. I never used one, i'm really curious what it feels like. :mjcry: 

6 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

Ehh quite the opposite for me. PC has a lot more actively played titles each with lots of more people than anything on consoles apart from the latest shooter (which is really all consoles has, everyone flocking to the latest COD oR BF - but then you're playing a shooter at low frames and on thumbsticks lmao!).

I guess it depends on the game.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nope. This is a ballsy move on 2K's part thats going to backfire (as I already said in the other thread).

"Other publishers are considering raising game prices for PS5 and Xbox Series X [development costs have increased by 200%/300% compared to 2005]" 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-02-idg-other-publishers-are-considering-raising-game-prices-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

"Other publishers are considering raising game prices for PS5 and Xbox Series X [development costs have increased by 200%/300% compared to 2005]" 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-02-idg-other-publishers-are-considering-raising-game-prices-for-ps5-and-xbox-series-x

Publishers just need an excuse to squeeze more money out of consumers.

Why do you think microtransactions and DLC have become such a focus lately?

Also, This game is releasing in 2 months. Why did they suddenly realize that the next gen version needs to be more expensive? Surely if they planned their development costs correctly, they'd realize they would have to sell it at a higher price much earlier?

Sterling nailed it in this video

32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Also, This game is releasing in 2 months. Why did they suddenly realize that the next gen version needs to be more expensive? Surely if they planned their development costs correctly, they'd realize they would have to sell it at a higher price much earlier?

However that excuse might be, it just shows that it was not only one developer but  many are jumping into that trend.

39 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just pointing out its not just take two alone who will be raising prices. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You're in denial kid

No, im just thinking logically. Most increases in developmental costs will be made irrelevant by increases in technology and better workflows

Why do you think games like this, made almost entirely by 1 person are able to exist?

The tools, workflows, available learning materials, asset stores, etc are better now than they ever were before.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

No, im just thinking logically. Most increases in developmental costs will be made irrelevant by increases in technology and better workflows

Why do you think games like this, made almost entirely by 1 person are able to exist?

The tools, workflows, available learning materials, asset stores, etc are better now than they ever were before.

that's all great and dandy, publishers will increase prices when they want and use whatever excuse they want to use. 

You're in denial kid. 

It’s all about capitalism. Any kind of rise of development costs should have been offset by micro transactions and the rise of digital which is cutting the retailer chunk of the pie out of the equation and more in developers pockets. Thinking this isnt going to be the new standard is being very naive