Next gen game prices going up

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

that's all great and dandy, publishers will increase prices when they want and use whatever excuse they want to use. 

You're in denial kid. 

K. Ill be sure to bump this thread when every other next gen game is confirmed to be $60.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First I've heard about this today, thanks.

All of this is falling into place perfectly for Microsoft, publishers begin to charge $70 for games, you can play anything they have to offer for $10-15 a month.    Change is coming.. 

You can't help yourself 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kaz BLackMage said:

only garbo like cod warzone is infested with hacker fagggots :hest:  

do you pirate all your games?  If not then where do you save money?  I also get discounts on the Xbox store. So what?  Plus I have gamepass.  If prices go up on console then they should go up on pc as well... unless you pirate your games?  I'm not judging.. .I'm just trying to figure out where you're getting this imaginary "ownage" from. :D 

Edited by Spicalicious
2 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

do you pirate all your games?  If not then where do you save money?  I also get discounts on the Xbox store. So what?  Plus I have gamepass.  If prices go up on console then they should go up on pc as well... unless you pirate your games?  I'm not judging.. .I'm just trying to figure out where you're getting this imaginary "ownage" from. :D 

I never said anything about pirating? The last game i pirated was in 2012 or something, since then i bought games on steam on sale super cheap. I think you are mistaken me for someone else. 

And I like it that way, pirating was always a pain in the ass. 

And nobody said anything about ownage? spicoo wtf :ben:   calm down, you crazy.

I will never buy games at full price. the only game I would consider buying at launch is godpunk 2077 but I think I can wait a week or two to snatch it on sale. 

edit: lol i think i know what you meant but you are so stupid. i have consoles too and i buy them cheap as well. its not a pc thing for me, you idiot. almost every ps3 game i own is second hand for example. 

Edited by kaz BLackMage
6 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

With inflation games should already be between $85-$90 USD, take into account the insane cost increases and time for development; $70 would be a bargain. 

lmfao. jesus fucking christ. Imagine simping for Game devs :tom:

Only a lemming. 

Just now, ChupacabraIII said:

lmfao. jesus fucking christ. Imagine simping for Game devs :tom:

Only a lemming. 

What? It's simple economics, the value of the dollar has fallen greatly and costs have increased. We should have been getting charged $70 a decade ago. 

I know you can't help it, but stop being such a dumbass. 

I mean, I get it.  It's understandable that if we want games to continue to raise the bar, they're going to have to charge more.  The only reason why it's a tough pill to swallow now is because there's just simply SO MANY GAMES out there asking for your time... and tons are cheap... or even free.  Due to the nature of the video game industry, the $60+ game is constantly being devalued.  Games lose their value insanely quick... unless you're Nintendo.  So essentially... something has to give.  AAA Games are WAY too risky these days for most publishers to really even experiment and give us a solid full price experience without trying to tack tons of other shit on and get people to keep paying and playing.

Raising prices to $70... you better have a high quality product that's worth that amount.  It's not outlandish... but it's going to become increasingly harder to justify $70, when indie devs and mid sized devs are putting out very high quality looking visuals and more risky games trying new things.

$70 for a game that takes a company 5 years to make isn't asking too much IMO, when you've got a good 20h of high quality content there... But $70 for yearly Madden games that don't hardly fucking change at all, and yearly or bi-yearly sequels to mid-sized franchises is not going to fly for a lot of people.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I mean, I get it.  It's understandable that if we want games to continue to raise the bar, they're going to have to charge more.  The only reason why it's a tough pill to swallow now is because there's just simply SO MANY GAMES out there asking for your time... and tons are cheap... or even free.  Due to the nature of the video game industry, the $60+ game is constantly being devalued.  Games lose their value insanely quick... unless you're Nintendo.  So essentially... something has to give.  AAA Games are WAY too risky these days for most publishers to really even experiment and give us a solid full price experience without trying to tack tons of other shit on and get people to keep paying and playing.

Raising prices to $70... you better have a high quality product that's worth that amount.  It's not outlandish... but it's going to become increasingly harder to justify $70, when indie devs and mid sized devs are putting out very high quality looking visuals and more risky games trying new things.

$70 for a game that takes a company 5 years to make isn't asking too much IMO, when you've got a good 20h of high quality content there... But $70 for yearly Madden games that don't hardly fucking change at all, and yearly or bi-yearly sequels to mid-sized franchises is not going to fly for a lot of people.

All of this is falling into place perfectly for Microsoft, publishers begin to charge $70 for games, you can play anything they have to offer for $10-15 a month. 

Change is coming.. 

• Sad 1
23 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

All of this is falling into place perfectly for Microsoft, publishers begin to charge $70 for games, you can play anything they have to offer for $10-15 a month. 

Change is coming.. 

You can't help yourself :drake:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Change is coming.. 

I'll never get how people get hard dicks for billion dollar companies making more money. 

change is coming.. literally change, peanuts money for microdick since they have no games :mj:   hopes and dreams still in full effect :mj: