PSA: Samsung phones exploding again, owners beware

22 minutes ago, jehurey said:

SO you failed to notify about an iPhone explosion crisis that occurred in 2018??????????

Well, that's rather disappointing of you. And of Apple, of course.

You failed to notify about their failures.

Maybe start there, next time. And you might end up with some credibility.

You have multiple from 2018? 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ghostz and that premature laugh and got owned 

30 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

You have multiple from 2018? 

Didn't I just post two stories from 2018?

You saw both of those stories, right? One was an article, and the other a video, both on the first page.

43 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Of the same incident?

What makes you think they are the same incident.

Here's a hint....................you CAN view the phones in both of those stories, right?

Therefore, if they were the same phone, you could reasonably ask that question.

So.................do they appear to be the same?

My Galaxy S7 Edge works just fine, I had it since 2017, it has more health monitoring tech built-in it than iPhones and current Galaxy phones. 

The problem must have been....

Deeez nuuuts.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker
29 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

My Galaxy S7 Edge works just fine, I had it since 2017, it has more health monitoring tech built-in it than iPhones and current Galaxy phones. 

The problem must have been....

Deeez nuuuts.  

lol Does anyone even use that though? I dont think I ever touched that sensor before. TBF I didn't even know it was there until this year. 

3 hours ago, Liquid said:

lol Does anyone even use that though? I dont think I ever touched that sensor before. TBF I didn't even know it was there until this year. 

Actually comes in handy during this coronavirus thing, because people were saying that low oxygination of the blood may be a sign that you may be coming down with the virus, and the Samsung phones' blood monitoring and pulse sensor checks for that.

So, if you go into the Samsung health app, and do a test for "Stress" it will check for heart-rate and blood oxygen levels.  94%-96% is healthy, if you're over 91% that's decent, but if you are constantly under 90%, that's not very good.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Actually comes in handy during this coronavirus thing, because people were saying that low oxygination of the blood may be a sign that you may be coming down with the virus, and the Samsung phones' blood monitoring and pulse sensor checks for that.

So, if you go into the Samsung health app, and do a test for "Stress" it will check for heart-rate and blood oxygen levels.  94%-96% is healthy, if you're over 91% that's decent, but if you are constantly under 90%, that's not very good.

Yeah, That's when I first learned of it. Im still surprised oxygen levels can even be measured that way. My watch has the feature but never used it before.  All in all my S7 edge was one of my favorite phones. It's gorgeous, has a great screen and camera. No complaints about it at all other than OEM bloatware. 

1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

:D 

21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

4 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Yeah, That's when I first learned of it. Im still surprised oxygen levels can even be measured that way. My watch has the feature but never used it before.  All in all my S7 edge was one of my favorite phones. It's gorgeous, has a great screen and camera. No complaints about it at all other than OEM bloatware. 

Ghostz and that premature laugh and got owned :drake:

• dead 1

@Goukosan

Well uh, If only it wasn’t already debunked as inaccurate a long time ago :kaz:

According to the Center for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford University: There is no evidence that any smartphone technology is accurate for the measurement of blood oxygen saturation. Furthermore, the scientific basis of such technologies is questionable

Edited by ghostz life matters
18 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

@Goukosan

Well uh, If only it wasn’t already debunked as inaccurate a long time ago :kaz:

According to the Center for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford University: There is no evidence that any smartphone technology is accurate for the measurement of blood oxygen saturation. Furthermore, the scientific basis of such technologies is questionable

okay, I seen you petal this nonsense before.  Now I'm going to have to check you. 

Found your source: https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/question-should-smartphone-apps-be-used-as-oximeters-answer-no/

Let's look at an except from it where they go over a researcher who tested the reliability with a Samsung phone. 

ghostz1.jpg

OK,  now lets look at the actual published journal from the researcher who CEBM references above.

source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0735675719301706?dgcid=rss_sd_all

spacer.png

Wow complete opposite from CEBM's conclusion.    Eat shit ghostz, you been exposed.  

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

okay, I seen you petal this nonsense before.  Now I'm going to have to check you. 

Found your source: https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/question-should-smartphone-apps-be-used-as-oximeters-answer-no/

Let's look at an except from it where they go over a researcher who tested the reliability with a Samsung phone. 

ghostz1.jpg

OK,  now lets look at the actual published journal from the researcher who CEBM references above.

source: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0735675719301706?dgcid=rss_sd_all

spacer.png

Wow complete opposite from CEBM's conclusion.    Eat shit ghostz, you been exposed.  

Don’t take it up with me, reach out to the OXFORD for your rebuttal. 

5 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Far from it. Are you saying OXFORD is not reliable? :tom:

You quoted a non published, non peer reviewed inconclusive research, they even said so themselves 

The actual published research Journal that was peer reviewed said the Samsung phones can be used to a accurately measure it. 

You guy butt blasted always :mroff: